P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Earache "Vinyl on Demand" store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caligulasremains
banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "name in the liner notes" for money is as superficial as it gets. your name goes in there because you are friends or close associates, not because you paid a bill.

aside from that, nothing else about this on demand idea is necessarily to be shat on.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an absolute shit label. I can't recall another label that went from releasing absolute classics to basically taking possible pre-orders for "classic" albums. Are they afraid they might have to sit on stock for a while? This is lame. Earache sucks.
astralprison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Earache sucks ass but I'd like to get my hands on a Formulas LP. Can't say I'd want to give them money hoping one day it would get pressed, though.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdescentrecords wrote:
What an absolute shit label. I can't recall another label that went from releasing absolute classics to basically taking possible pre-orders for "classic" albums. Are they afraid they might have to sit on stock for a while? This is lame. Earache sucks.

Problem is they probably are sitting on stock... like all you label guys are, there is always something that never sells no matter how good it goes on sale for. Some stuff just does not generate interest. It must even be a hassle to the hardiest of label owners to have storage space wasted on a product that will apparently never sell or no?

The idea is interesting. Next step voting on who a label signs... is there a fan base and will you buy a album? Vote now.

There is some of the old charm removed from having your favorite label find a cool new band, sign it and release a album that you love... but then the label has always been the one to suffer the financial burden before too if said band they took a risk on doesn't sell.

It's a brand new idea and considering how this market of even making physical products for musical albums has been going... cannot say I blame a label for being innovative in efforts to stay alive a little longer.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralprison wrote:
Yeah Earache sucks ass but I'd like to get my hands on a Formulas LP.

That is still available. It's been repressed twice.
Endsieg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should just release it if they deem it classic and not turn it into a kickstarter popularity contest. fuck this shit. you'll probably end up with the standard version and digby "greebo" will print some ltd special versions as well so you can buy more versions.
hellmask

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "on demand" thing doesn't make sense to me. All the titles listed are records that would sell...so why not just press 500 of each and sell them? I'm not going to "sign up" for an album that may not ever get released based on whether or not people add their names to these stupid lists. Fucking stupid...release these albums or don't - no need to play games.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:
This "on demand" thing doesn't make sense to me. All the titles listed are records that would sell...so why not just press 500 of each and sell them? I'm not going to "sign up" for an album that may not ever get released based on whether or not people add their names to these stupid lists. Fucking stupid...release these albums or don't - no need to play games.

It's to test the waters/market to see if the concept works... if it works on popular albums and the product moves it might then be implemented on other titles. It's all say... in it's beta testing phase.
B.C.B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilman wrote:
Their FDR (Full Dynamic-Range) reissues are really good

True Dat. I've compared original first pressings to these FDR, and in each time, the FDR sounds better.
sacrifist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take a black vinyl pressing of "Heretic", why not.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This. Talk about a descent into shit. From Altars of Madness, Left Hand Path to this... Guess the only other choice is cleaning out the local school.
szentofdeath

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Just as background info:

The "on demand" idea was first created by Ninja Tune Records some years ago, when they came up with the Beat Delete imprint as a direct-to-label crowdfunding website. They managed to resurrect a lot of deleted titles and out of print albums but eventually had to abandon it once the fans had their fill, so to speak.

This will die out too, probably even before anything gets funded. Earache is really poor at keeping their catalog in print. Only by gimmicks and half-assed initiatives.
hellmask

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
hellmask wrote:

It's to test the waters/market to see if the concept works... if it works on popular albums and the product moves it might then be implemented on other titles. It's all say... in it's beta testing phase.

That's what I don't get...testing the waters for what? Do they not know that a run of 500 Morbid Angel or Nocturnus LPs will sell, and that a run of some crappy band that no one likes won't? It's not rocket science. Hell, people have been asking for a Cadaver reissue for years. I don't see why there's a question about selling classic LPs that people have been demanding forever - just press the records and stop dicking around.

Stop releasing garbage like Biters and Danny fucking Worsnop and give the people some classic death metal! Twisted Evil
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even "taking possible pre-orders"....writing blogs trying to explain why they do the things they do, and then basically throwing their hands up and saying "well what do you think?" to fans in hopes that the cash in on their back catalog. "yeah everybody really wants represses of dub war, sounds legit"

caligulasremains wrote:
please vote for The Key. I have the recent Century Media reissue too, but it's not mastered for vinyl.

fuck paying them any other fund for not being able to 'fdr' that album the LAST time it was reissued.
Deathwish
banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bravewords.com/news/napalm-death-morbid-angel-deicide-and-more-earache-records-opens-pop-up-vending-shop-in-rough-trade-nottingham

Insert money.
Watch as CD falls
Nice shattered Jewel case

EPIC WIN!
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: