P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES Reply with quote

TORMENTOR reunites at Beyond the Gates!!

Sometimes you just have to pinch yourself. The band you thought you’d never see live has just decided to return from the dead. And even better - they're playing Beyond the Gates next year!

Formed in Budapest in 1986, Tormentor is truly one of the most unique acts ever to emerge from the extreme metal scene. Their brilliant blend of harsh riffs, the guttural voice of Attila Csihar and the sometimes refined passages really made them stand out to the ones discovering them.

The iconic debut album, "Anno Domini" together with the demo "Seventh Day of Doom" is widely regarded as one of the most influential releases in black metal. The debut was recorded in 1988, but due to the communist regime, it took years to formally release it.
"Anno Domini" made a huge impact on the 2nd wave of black metal bands surfacing at the end of the 80s, the Norwegian scene in particular.
After Tormentor's early demise in 1991 the bands charismatic singer, Attila, joined Mayhem in time to record the black metal milestone, "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas".

Over time, the legend has grown and their cult status continued to gain momentum. Now they're back to obliterate. Tormentor's musical legacy can firmly be placed amongst other pioneering acts such as Bathory, Sarcofago and Celtic Frost.

The sometimes theatrical songs lends themselves perfectly to the live stage and knowing the capabilities of this highly skilled bunch of musicians, this show will be something very, very special.

TORMENTOR 2018:
Attila Csihar – vocals
Tamás Buday – guitars
Attila Szigeti – guitars
György Farkas – bass guitar
Zsolt Machat – drums

EARLY BIRD TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!
http://www.ticketmaster.no/event/beyond-the-gates-7-saligia-festival-pass-tickets/548175

Ödelagt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES Reply with quote

Great , hope they will have more EU concerts.
sadistik fornicator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://necromaniac.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/necromaniacUK/
funeral.vomit666

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadistik fornicator wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

my thoughts exactly
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope, this will be a serious thing, because the so-called re-union nearly 20 years ago was a bit strange...
By the way this is the news of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vincebus Eruptum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they will play a show in Budapest after that.
Gotloard
banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stygian Shadows 'zine wrote:
Hope, this will be a serious thing, because the so-called re-union nearly 20 years ago was a bit strange...

Yes, "Recipe Ferrum" sucked. Not as bad as "Slagry", but still shit.
Hřrus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking insane. I hope there will have more shows indeed
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES Reply with quote

Ödelagt wrote:

This. I'd gladly travel to Hungary if needed, but fucking Norway is out of my budget.
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
Ödelagt wrote:

This. I'd gladly travel to Hungary if needed, but fucking Norway is out of my budget.

Acid Orgy wrote:
Ödelagt wrote:

It's expensive but not impossible. On average we ended up paying €50/night in Bergen for two persons (Air B&B) Decent meals from €25/person. Probably less if you can survive on McDonalds junk, or if you cook for yourself in your Air B&B.
And on the plus side, it literally takes only 15 minutes from the city centre to be surrounded by beautiful Norwegian nature (take into account that Bergen is very wet and you need some luck with the weather).

This being said, I'm not sure if I want to stretch my budget with three summer holidays in Norway in a row.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
It's expensive but not impossible.

I know mate, "impossible" would mean I'm piss poor. Is just that these days (aka "getting older") I prefer to spend a few hundreds € on vinyls instead of gigs.

I just hope they'll do more shows outside Scandinavia.
call_from_stars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% they'll do a lot of gigs, I always wanted to go to Budapest, this will be the excuse I'm sure..

but then Beyong the Gates = great venue and sound and beautiful nature surrounding Bergen, it's worth every penny
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
Humus wrote:
It's expensive but not impossible.

I know mate, "impossible" would mean I'm piss poor. Is just that these days (aka "getting older") I prefer to spend a few hundreds € on vinyls instead of gigs.

Understandable. I'm following a different evolution though, in my early 20's I didn't travel and just bought records. Now I prefer more holidays and less vinyl. And if I can combine my holidays with some metal, even better.

But a Budapest gig would be nice. Never been there so would definitely attend.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: TORMENTOR LIVE AT BEYOND THE GATES Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
Ödelagt wrote:

Acid Orgy wrote:
Ödelagt wrote:

It's expensive but not impossible. On average we ended up paying €50/night in Bergen for two persons (Air B&B) Decent meals from €25/person. Probably less if you can survive on McDonalds junk, or if you cook for yourself in your Air B&B.
And on the plus side, it literally takes only 15 minutes from the city centre to be surrounded by beautiful Norwegian nature (take into account that Bergen is very wet and you need some luck with the weather).

This being said, I'm not sure if I want to stretch my budget with three summer holidays in Norway in a row.

I must admit, I found Bergen to be a lot more expensive than that for food and drink but it is a stunning city. Nice and compact, very scenic and the accessibility of nature (ie Floyen and its sounding walkways) makes it all the more appealing. The weather is unpredictable but being from Ireland that's nothing new for me.

I'm kind of bored/burnt out of gigs and festivals but who knows, maybe closer to the time I'll decide to head over again. The lineup is looking really good.

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Beyond the Gates?

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: