P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Earplugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crepuscolar wrote:
Something from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Pushing in earplugs into the external ear canal may cause the air pressure to rise in it, in effect pushing against the eardrum and causing pain. This may be the case when completely expanded foam earplugs are pushed further into the ear. To bypass the risk, such earplugs are instead removed, compressed and inserted to the desired depth. Vice versa, when pulled out, the resultant negative pressure pulls the eardrum.

This happened to me a while ago. Weirdly (but luckily) only my right ear went half-deaf for days. I think it's still not fully recovered. There hasn't been any pain whatsoever so I don't think it's permanent damage.

For foam ear plugs grab the end and twist them slowly, while at a snails pace removing the from the canal.
When inserting them, roll them as thin as you can pull back on the ear lobe
insert them and let the foam expand. If you feel the foam start to expand at all before you insert them remove, roll them tight again, and reinsert. I used to work for an ENT and we saw several burst drums because of misuse.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Motorhead 16 times and they were fucking loud every single one of them.

But the loudest thing I have ever experienced was an Iggy Pop show in 2001.
Angel16

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Angel16 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
fartcough

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born 100% deaf in my left ear so I definitly wear plugs at shows. But I'm fucked now 'cause recently I lost some hearing in my right from doing stupid things like listening black metal with headphones, listening to music too loud in my car and forgetting plugs at bars where shitty local bands play. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. It was like, before I could hear what people were saying through walls but now just voices, I can't discern words. I thought my ear was invincible but I'm crying now. It happens FAST too. Almost like 1 min. perfect hearing then next, shite. WEAR PLUGS!! You don't want to end up like me, afraid to turn the music up or afraid to go to shows. I missed GWAR 'cause of this. Crying or Very sad

Also I'm only fucking 23!! ARHRHHGHHH (_)(_)IIIIIID ----

One more thing. This is what it's like, you know that fatigued feeling your ear get's after a show or listening to loud music? You know how it goes away after a bit? One day it wont go away and 2 weeks later you'll fucking, "WAAAAAHHH!!!". I just want to get the point across that you should definitly wear plugs 'cause it's easy to act "true" or whatever when you have perfect hearing but WHEN you lose it you'll feel like a fucking retard.

Like riding a bike with no hands, you've probably done it a million times without getting hurt, then one time you hit a rock and go over the handlebars smashing your teeth in. How fucking stupid would you feel to have to wear fake teeth for THAT. Same with tinitus or having to wear a hearing aid. BTW all my favorite albums sound different to me now. NOTHINGS worth that.
Portentum

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a biohazard show yesterday and wish I had used some plugs ....piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppp
Skoll

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No earplugs for me.
Blasphemophizer

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'v actully never warn them attending a show. When I used to play shows I tried to wear them as much as possible because it got really loud up on stage.
Blasphemophizer

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably start wearing them at shows I'm attending if I still want to hear in 20 years.
Antibody

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never worn earplugs. I have been thinking about investing in a pair, if even just to have with my on the odd occasion when a show is very loud.
GHOAT

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a decent pair that are actually made for swimmers and they work great. They do not muffle, they just make things quieter. They actually make the clarity of the music improve.

Anyone who calls anyone else a pussy for protecting their hearing is a fucking metalloid loser.

I have never worn them when I have played live though, not sure how it would affect me.
Lutfor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I despise people who, to avoid looking like "sissies", stand right in front of the bloody amplifiers without earplugs. Its not stupid to want to preserve your hearing well into your 40s.

I forgot to wear earplugs at the TESTAMENT gig in 2008 in San Francisco. Boy was that a mistake. Fortunately, I remembered them for SABBBAT a few weeks later. The worst hearing damage I've ever sustained is from ear infections as a young boy. Natural damage is almost as bad as artificial damage. Guaranteed.

I've heard that Joey of MANOWAR has managed to retain his hearing after countless years of ear shattering volume. I'm not sure I believe the rumours. I'm certain at least one of them has to be deaf by now. Their ethos is so stupid, but their die hard fans are worse. Standing in front of a massive amp like Marty McFly in Back to the Future isn't smart.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey gang wear yer plugs. As nice as it is to behold the beauty of a die-hard LP set , we need to be able to listen to them as well.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started wearing them to shows, and only taking them out for bands that I really am there to see. I use the foam ones. I've had a ringing in my ears ever since I can remember (before I was going to concerts often), and it may be tinnitus, but I'm not sure.

Better to protect what I have now, though. I just hate not being able to hear the music at full volume. I love getting lost in the extreme volume of live shows, it's like a catharsis.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my ears are the most important part of my body so I always use protection in shows... Cool

take care of yorself, 'cause God has more important things to do... Laughing Laughing

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really dumb not to wear them. I remember having ringing ears for a week and a half after seeing Fluisterwoud in 2002. Something I regret, because my ears haven't been as sharp since. Wear fucking plugs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: