P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

What is this? (Epitaph, Seeming Salvation auction)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
locustfurnace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Incidentally, I bought another item from the same seller (Excruciate 2CD) and the payment went to totalhag at hotmail.com. Anybody know if that e-mail address is for Andy at Konquerer?

The email address if you put it into myspace belongs to this person : a Altar fan page > http://www.myspace.com/altarswedishdeathmetal

Incidentally the top 4 friends are : ALTAR (swe) / Epitaph / VOICES FROM THE DARKSIDE / Konqueror Records

God bless the internet Very Happy
locustfurnace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also on the Konqueror Records's myspace page is

Quote:
COMING NEXT:EPITAPH (Swe) - SEEMING SALVATION CD

Maybe he's checking the interest in it and once it starts going for big bucks on ebay everyone will rush to grab the reissue from him????
sztorm75

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260318358023

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the plot has thickened, and this is some seriously shady shit. I put in a bid for that CD - nowhere near the winning bid, but I was curious to see if I could win it and find out what the hell it really was. Of course I lost the auction. But then I got a "Second Chance Offer" e-mail from eBay - like immediately. Now, I was not anything like the second highest bidder. Mine was nowhere close to the winning bid - I was probably fifth or sixth down the list, or lower. But somehow I'm getting this offer to buy for my highest bid price.

In case I'm being too subtle here, I'll say what I think: this guy (whoever he is) has made some "Seeming Salvation" CDs, put up a single auction for them, and is now trying to extract the maximum value out of every single copy by offering this "deal" to everybody who put in a bid on the auction.

That is fucking CRAP.

If this is the Konqueror guy, I have lost a lot of respect for him.

And I bet these start showing up at regular CD prices really soon, too. Unbelievable.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
OK, the plot has thickened, and this is some seriously shady shit. I put in a bid for that CD - nowhere near the winning bid, but I was curious to see if I could win it and find out what the hell it really was. Of course I lost the auction. But then I got a "Second Chance Offer" e-mail from eBay - like immediately. Now, I was not anything like the second highest bidder. Mine was nowhere close to the winning bid - I was probably fifth or sixth down the list, or lower. But somehow I'm getting this offer to buy for my highest bid price.

In case I'm being too subtle here, I'll say what I think: this guy (whoever he is) has made some "Seeming Salvation" CDs, put up a single auction for them, and is now trying to extract the maximum value out of every single copy by offering this "deal" to everybody who put in a bid on the auction.

That is fucking CRAP.

If this is the Konqueror guy, I have lost a lot of respect for him.

And I bet these start showing up at regular CD prices really soon, too. Unbelievable.

what is unbelievable is the people who pay these ebay prices, not the sellers

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

what is unbelievable is the people who pay these ebay prices, not the sellers

If we were talking about a regular rarity I would agree with you, but this is a reissue that he made himself, that he's going to be selling in mass quantities (presumably) in the very near future. Auctioning it this way is basically lying to people. When i asked him what label reissued it and when, he wouldn't even tell me - because he knows it wouldn't be worth as much if he admitted that he just pressed it himself. And he also didn't mention in his auction that he's selling more than one copy - in fact, a basically unlimited number, for all intents and purposes.

It's a con, pure and simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: