P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

What is this? (Epitaph, Seeming Salvation auction)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: What is this? (Epitaph, Seeming Salvation auction) Reply with quote

This just popped up on eBay. To my knowledge the original (very rare, mega-pricy) pressing on Thrash Records had no "bonus tracks" and didn't include the songs from the Excruciate split. So is this a reissue? A bootleg? What is it? Given the nation of origin I was thinking boot, but I haven't run into this one before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250343807554&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching
thetrueevil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question as you.I do not think this was ever reissued.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I e-mailed the seller this same question - if he gets back to me I'll post his answer. This has me scratching my head though. If it's a boot I'd pay a regular CD price for it, just to have a hard copy of this album that didn't cost $250 - but from the looks of this auction the seller is trying to maximize his profits.
thetrueevil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
I e-mailed the seller this same question - if he gets back to me I'll post his answer. This has me scratching my head though. If it's a boot I'd pay a regular CD price for it, just to have a hard copy of this album that didn't cost $250 - but from the looks of this auction the seller is trying to maximize his profits.

Look at his feedback.He already sold that album about a week ago to a Mexican but that joker did not paid up.I am wondering if that is the same cd he is putting up on ebay or totally different one.Hope for an answer about this too.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He responded back to me and said only it's not a bootleg but is a reissue. No more details than that, so I have requested them (what label, when was it reissued, etc.). We'll see what happens.

edit - About that previous auction, that looks like an actual original copy to me. Notice that it wasn't shrink-wrapped and he doesn't say anything about bonus tracks. Very curious, this guy. I wonder if he had an original and perhaps produced a bootleg from it himself.
thetrueevil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
He responded back to me and said only it's not a bootleg but is a reissue. No more details than that, so I have requested them (what label, when was it reissued, etc.). We'll see what happens.

edit - About that previous auction, that looks like an actual original copy to me. Notice that it wasn't shrink-wrapped and he doesn't say anything about bonus tracks. Very curious, this guy. I wonder if he had an original and perhaps produced a bootleg from it himself.

Actually,i do not mind buying that bootleg too just for the bonus tracks even though i own an original.
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that seller one of the Impiety guys?
thetrueevil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Isn't that seller one of the Impiety guys?

No,that is not one of the impiety guys.
If i am not wrong,it might be the guy who released Dead Congregation first MCD.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its andy from konqueror recs of singapore, a truly honest guy. With some great releases. A true death metal fan.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
dalecooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a response from him after asking what label it's on or when it came out. Hmmm.

I also notice this morning that this has already been bid up to $26, which is silly for a reissue. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up going for the usual price for the original - how funny. It'll be interesting to see if more of these show up on eBay in the future; obviously somebody has to have pressed them, although I can't find any trace of another copy for sale anywhere else.
Asphyxiation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
i think its andy from konqueror recs of singapore, a truly honest guy. With some great releases. A true death metal fan.

Just what I was going to post...

Same guy that did that Excruciate double Cd and some other Swedish old school death metal re-releases.

-> http://www.myspace.com/konquerorrecords
(their old, normal site seems dead...)
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what experiences others have had with him (assuming that even is him), but something about this is shady. This is the first I've ever heard of a reissue of this album, or any version with bonus tracks - and I've been actively looking for this for a couple of years now. So either it's new or it was the most obscure, limited-pressing reissue/bootleg ever.

The eBay seller responded only to my first message and said it was a reissue and not a boot. When I asked him what label and when it was reissued, he ignored me.

I PM'ed Andy through his MySpace site, asking him if he was the seller and the same questions (label, year) - he hasn't responded. That was yesterday morning and I can see by his page that he's logged in since then.

My opinion is that this is a bootleg, and he either made it or bought it knowing that. Auctioning it like this on eBay with no "Buy it now" or anything is inherently dishonest - if this is a factory-press CD, somebody made a run of these things, and they're sitting around somewhere waiting to be sold. Trying to get the usual price that "Seeming Salvation" fetches for them isn't right.
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also dont heard about Epitaph re-issue. Anyway owns orginal tape (loud out records from 1993).
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
thetrueevil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250343807554

Thats very very expensive for a bootleg.I bought mine for only 65usd on ebay some time ago.Ridiculous.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrueevil wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250343807554

Thats very very expensive for a bootleg.I bought mine for only 65usd on ebay some time ago.Ridiculous.

It just ended for $110. Shocked This is for an item that anybody with any knowledge of this album should know that it's either a boot or a recent reissue (more likely the former). I can only imagine that this bidding war came from people who didn't realize it wasn't original, and didn't bother to ask questions.

Incidentally, I bought another item from the same seller (Excruciate 2CD) and the payment went to totalhag at hotmail.com. Anybody know if that e-mail address is for Andy at Konquerer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: