P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Messe des Morts VI - November 24-26, 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FallenEmpire



Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 814

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdM is the best festival in North America. Hope this goes off without hitch. Hope to make a later edition! Much harder now that I'm on the West Coast instead of the North East.
_________________
STORE
BANDCAMP
VINYL BROKERING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullmoon91



Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 581
Location: Mag Mell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anxiously awaiting my flight to Montreal from Hell-City NS.

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd get to see GRAVELAND live, let alone on Canadian soil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vapula



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 1499
Location: The Black Lodge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
God Slayer wrote:
They also went through my phone, reading my emails, looking at my Social media, pictures, etc.

Shocked In our part of the world only criminal police can do that, but customs/borderguard officers? There seems to be some real Democracy out there... Surprised


Canada is one of the worst countries for all the PC bullshit you can't say anything in Canada without someone pretending to be offended. That idiot Trudeau was saying a few months ago that he was thinking about recalling everyone's health cards so they could be issued with new ones that don't have your gender on them because transsexuals were getting offended by the gender being on the card. Loads of other important things that need money yet he thinks not offending people who obliviously have mental problems is top priority Rolling Eyes


Anyway I hope the Graveland show goes ahead. I hope (which I am sure they will) the organizers do good searches of everyone going in because you don't one of these antifa assholes setting off tear gas or something in the venue like they did at a Taake show in the US this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9142
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer wrote:
Did Morrigan/Mayhemic Truth move to Finland?


Beliar has been living in Finland for years now. Current drummer is also Finnish.
_________________
"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 5367
Location: Arktogša

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/anti-fascists-plan-to-protest-black-metal-concert-on-saturday


Rob should stop 'excusing' himself.. It's of no use, even if you changed your views. Accept it and move forward!


I do agree with you, obv. However, it crossed my mind that he'd better be cautious with what he says prior to playing a public concert in a country that has "anti-hate speech"-laws similar to the ones over here. Confused

rthdx wrote:
God Slayer wrote:
They also went through my phone, reading my emails, looking at my Social media, pictures, etc.

Shocked In our part of the world only criminal police can do that, but customs/borderguard officers? There seems to be some real Democracy out there... Surprised


I am sure that the border police can do the same, without the need to have a search warrant issued by a judge or else, because legally you have not yet entered the country when they stop, search and question you. It's their job to determine your identity and whether or not you pose a risk to national security. It doesn't even matter if you have a visa and all, they could still turn you back and deny you entry to the country.

In Trumpland it's an Arabic name that could get you into trouble with Homeland Security, in Trudeauland it's a Graveland-patch on your jacket.

Darken wrote:
Graveland is not an NSBM band and never was!


You can get out of the Hot Shower but you can't get the Hot Shower out of you! Evil or Very Mad
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-records.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 2438
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
I am sure that the border police can do the same, without the need to have a search warrant issued by a judge or else, because legally you have not yet entered the country when they stop, search and question you. It's their job to determine your identity and whether or not you pose a risk to national security. It doesn't even matter if you have a visa and all, they could still turn you back and deny you entry to the country.

Well, luggage examination, personal inspection, questions about the purpose of visit and demands for proofs of it - that's legitimate. But searching through mobile phone, reading e-mails etc. is a fucking bespredel. Fortunately I do not use gadgets for ideological reasons, and my most simple mobile phone has no internet access, the most neutral integrated display background & ring sound, and phone book entries like: "Mom, Autoservice, Postoffice, Vasya, Petya, Masha, Dasha..." Smile Plus I clear messages and history regularly. Makes much more sense then being 24/7 on-line, while being signed-in into shadow internet forum under nick Rapist88 discussing details of medieval tortures towards infants your interlocutor just kidnapped from a shelter for abandoned children with disabilities. Very Happy
_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
discogs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 5367
Location: Arktogša

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:

Well, luggage examination, personal inspection, questions about the purpose of visit and demands for proofs of it - that's legitimate. But searching through mobile phone, reading e-mails etc. is a fucking bespredel. Fortunately I do not use gadgets for ideological reasons, and my most simple mobile phone has no internet access, the most neutral integrated display background & ring sound, and phone book entries like: "Mom, Autoservice, Postoffice, Vasya, Petya, Masha, Dasha..." Smile Plus I clear messages and history regularly. Makes much more sense then being 24/7 on-line, while being signed-in into shadow internet forum under nick Rapist88 discussing details of medieval tortures towards infants your interlocutor just kidnapped from a shelter for abandoned children with disabilities. Very Happy


Very Happy Truth be told, you can't look and behave casual enough when crossing any border (or frequenting a public hot spot like airports and train stations) nowadays, because anyone looking "out of the ordinary" (and this includes people with tattoos and subcultural appearance) is likely to get singled out and examined by the cops there. I am baffled time and again when I read of people who got stopped at the airport because they really badly needed to bring bullet belts to some festival, for instance.
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-records.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 2438
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
people who got stopped at the airport because they really badly needed to bring bullet belts to some festival

Only complete imbecile may try to bring to life such a bright idea. It's not about being die-hard dedicated sicko, just plain evidence of organic brain damage. Neutral
_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
discogs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LuiSlayer



Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 4336
Location: EstŠdio do Drag„o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:
Did Morrigan/Mayhemic Truth move to Finland?


Beliar has been living in Finland for years now. Current drummer is also Finnish.


Thanks, mate. I wasn't aware of that. I would love to see MT live, that's for sure.
_________________
Bela Guttmann's curse lives on. Another 50 years remain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vapula



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 1499
Location: The Black Lodge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mgla were great as always. Cult of fire were good but I've seen them that many times now I'm starting to get sick of them. Morrigan was good but not really the best material for a live setting I'm expecting Mayhemic truth to be much better today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9725
Location: The Temple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
rthdx wrote:

Well, luggage examination, personal inspection, questions about the purpose of visit and demands for proofs of it - that's legitimate. But searching through mobile phone, reading e-mails etc. is a fucking bespredel. Fortunately I do not use gadgets for ideological reasons, and my most simple mobile phone has no internet access, the most neutral integrated display background & ring sound, and phone book entries like: "Mom, Autoservice, Postoffice, Vasya, Petya, Masha, Dasha..." Smile Plus I clear messages and history regularly. Makes much more sense then being 24/7 on-line, while being signed-in into shadow internet forum under nick Rapist88 discussing details of medieval tortures towards infants your interlocutor just kidnapped from a shelter for abandoned children with disabilities. Very Happy


Very Happy Truth be told, you can't look and behave casual enough when crossing any border (or frequenting a public hot spot like airports and train stations) nowadays, because anyone looking "out of the ordinary" (and this includes people with tattoos and subcultural appearance) is likely to get singled out and examined by the cops there. I am baffled time and again when I read of people who got stopped at the airport because they really badly needed to bring bullet belts to some festival, for instance.


Those who feel the need to express every notion of their belief on their sleeve... well, you invite the attention... I mean why else display it all anyways other than for the very point of seeking the attention. ...and mission accomplished, extra special attention given at borders and by the enforcement agencies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
God Slayer



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 1364

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
rthdx wrote:

Well, luggage examination, personal inspection, questions about the purpose of visit and demands for proofs of it - that's legitimate. But searching through mobile phone, reading e-mails etc. is a fucking bespredel. Fortunately I do not use gadgets for ideological reasons, and my most simple mobile phone has no internet access, the most neutral integrated display background & ring sound, and phone book entries like: "Mom, Autoservice, Postoffice, Vasya, Petya, Masha, Dasha..." Smile Plus I clear messages and history regularly. Makes much more sense then being 24/7 on-line, while being signed-in into shadow internet forum under nick Rapist88 discussing details of medieval tortures towards infants your interlocutor just kidnapped from a shelter for abandoned children with disabilities. Very Happy


Very Happy Truth be told, you can't look and behave casual enough when crossing any border (or frequenting a public hot spot like airports and train stations) nowadays, because anyone looking "out of the ordinary" (and this includes people with tattoos and subcultural appearance) is likely to get singled out and examined by the cops there. I am baffled time and again when I read of people who got stopped at the airport because they really badly needed to bring bullet belts to some festival, for instance.


Those who feel the need to express every notion of their belief on their sleeve... well, you invite the attention... I mean why else display it all anyways other than for the very point of seeking the attention. ...and mission accomplished, extra special attention given at borders and by the enforcement agencies.


I was wearing a nice button down shirt and had nothing of interest anywhere on my person. My vest was buried at the bottom of my suitcase, which thy found while going through my personal belongings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mortado



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 1212
Location: Seattle area, USA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After weed was legalized in Washington state crossing the border became a bigger pain in the ass than ever. They used to grill me about guns every time (I assume they can see that I have a concealed pistol permit) but now it's all about the weed. The last few times I have gone up they have pulled us aside and had us wait inside customs while giving my car a thorough search. I don't look like a stereotypical metalhead, nor do I dress the part when crossing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WhoreChurch



Joined: 16 Oct 2014
Posts: 382
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the event page, and it sounds like antifa are causing a lot of problems right now. Fires, blocking the entrance, etc.... Cops everywhere, no one is allowed in.
_________________
The Whore Church - Video Mixtape Hell
Never Stop The Madness - Black Metal Radio
Archives: https://soundcloud.com/neverstopthemadness
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ashmonger



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 967

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went to the last NWN fest I was travelling alone by plane, wearing a jeans jacket with some patches on, amongs others a Nordwind sigil patch on left shoulder. Didn't encounter any problems, only in Berlin airport one guy did a rather thorough feel on my clothes, shoes... But I saw him do that with every second guy coming through...
So, yeah, I guess that looking strange might make the chance of encountering certain attention bigger, but I guess that's far from being the only factor, such as how you behave aside from that...
_________________
Iron Scourge: Black/Death/Doom... Metal distro
http://ironscourge.blogspot.be/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group