P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Rip offs... Why?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brown growth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Rip offs... Why? Reply with quote

Why has metal been plagued for all these years by pathetic rip offs and shitty bootleggers? Are there other genres with scum who act in a similar fashion? Have these people completely lost sight of what metal is about?

But of course thank the Dark Lord for hardworking and dedicated labels/distros. If only all labels and distros could do the same.
Chit019

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Rip offs... Why? Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
Are there other genres with scum who act in a similar fashion?

yes, Hardcore / Punk.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy buck. I could cruise over to the trade forum, say I've got Hell - Save Us 7" and will sell it for the bargain price of $150, someone will pay me and I need not send anything.
derelict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opportunism, and yes, it does extend way further than black metal. And before this age of mp3s, people found it perfectly acceptable to charge and pay $20-$25 for a rare bootleg cdr. In fact there is a record store in my town that still pulls this shit, $20 for some shitty Dave Matthews Band live show on cd-r, bootleg dvdr of all kinds of shit. Old punk was, and still is, ridded with bootleging. The bottom line is that if there is money to be made, someone will cash in.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Rip offs... Why? Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
Why has metal been plagued for all these years by pathetic rip offs and shitty bootleggers? Are there other genres with scum who act in a similar fashion? Have these people completely lost sight of what metal is about?

But of course thank the Dark Lord for hardworking and dedicated labels/distros. If only all labels and distros could do the same.

Glad you brought that up. I need some help. All I want is a copy of Mayhem's deathcrush as I seem to have lost mine years ago.
I don't want to spend 50.00 for a copy. All I'm looking for is a reissue etc.
Nothing fancy or collectible.

I mainly get stuff from Moribund, NWN, Aural Exploits, etc. I would like to learn more about bootlegs and how to trust sellers. THis may be a stupid question, but...
Does this seem like a bootleg?

The "8 available" creeped me out

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAYHEM-DEATHCRUSH-CD-NEW_W0QQitemZ120346255627QQihZ002QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
Morbid69

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confident I could make a thousand dollars or so at least simply by taking a few photos of some albums, posting them for sale on some forums, and getting people to pay their "rare" price, without sending any goods.

For a bunch of devil worshipers and scumbags, we're pretty honorable.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Rip offs... Why? Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
brown growth wrote:

Glad you brought that up. I need some help. All I want is a copy of Mayhem's deathcrush as I seem to have lost mine years ago.

I mainly get stuff from Moribund, NWN, Aural Exploits, etc. I would like to learn more about bootlegs and how to trust sellers. THis may be a stupid question, but...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAYHEM-DEATHCRUSH-CD-NEW_W0QQitemZ120346255627QQihZ002QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

There's always the re-issue of Mayhem's Deathcrush LP from Back on Black. They're legit and pretty easy to find although much of BoB are generally crap compared to the original pressings.

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rip offs... Why? Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
brown growth wrote:

There's always the re-issue of Mayhem's Deathcrush LP from Back on Black. They're legit and pretty easy to find although much of BoB are generally crap compared to the original pressings.

Thanks Man Appreciate it!
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because people need easy cash or ever worse, people need to have something to be "proud" of, like the typical "haha I fucked him/her" type of attitude which is a pathetic motherfucking behavior, or they really want the money and this is the best way they can think. Rip-offs exist in virtualy anything! We live in the rip-off century and as the years passing things are getting really fucked up.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the person who made that Mayhem CD bootlegged it, but Red Tag Market is a reliable place to buy from. I've purchased a lot of things from them and they never let me down.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrdenSatani wrote:
Not sure if the person who made that Mayhem CD bootlegged it, but Red Tag Market is a reliable place to buy from. I've purchased a lot of things from them and they never let me down.

I'm going to go ahead and get it from them. As long as it's not some CDR
with a photo copied cover I dont care, and that does not appear to be the case. I am just pissed that I lost my copy and want another.

Thanks for all the tips people!!!
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In last time I was ripped of by this guy: www.myspace.com/pure_metal_vlad Most interesing thing is fact that we are friends since an concert in 2004, and vist together some concerts (last time about 1,5 month ago, few days later I gave him some cash - not too much about 15-20USD, to do something for me, and soon all contat with this guy is impossible for me, including calling, when in same time he live as usual, vist other concerts, log into myspace etc). I just cant understound how someone can rip off any from his friends without any reason?
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
In last time I was ripped of by this guy: www.myspace.com/pure_metal_vlad Most interesing thing is fact that we are friends since an concert in 2004, and vist together some concerts (last time about 1,5 month ago, few days later I gave him some cash - not too much about 15-20USD, to do something for me, and soon all contat with this guy is impossible for me, including calling, when in same time he live as usual, vist other concerts, log into myspace etc). I just cant understound how someone can rip off any from his friends without any reason?

Drugs or something shameful...? Some guy which I knew for quite a while ripped me off 200$ when I was about 15 years old and really needed the money. Turns out he was a blow addict.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back in the day I was ripped off not much fortunately. the few I remember was turbo music and shiver records (sent both cash and never see anything)

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: