P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

PayPal claim again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutterofgums wrote:
CR99 wrote:

just hope this scam trick wont get too popular

I sadly predict this to be a much bigger problem come 2009. Especially for sellers on egay, wich luckily is not a problem for me.

Well, we better stop focusing on it then, or more people will get inspired.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got hit with the same shit yesterday. I sent some LP's off via Media Mail on the 16th and now this guy opened a dispute and claim. Of course, my PayPal account is now fucked.

Just how slow has mail been due to the Holidays? I haven't really been doing any trades or ordering anything this month, so I really don't know how much of an effect it has.

I really hope this guy is not a little weasel who's just trying to get his money back. He was a fucking pain-in-the-ass from the get go. Wanted pictures of everything, then told me he didn't want half of them. Then he was trying to talk me down on the price and making a fuss about the shipping cost. Then he tries to educate me on how to pack them properly.

I knew he would be trouble, but I need the cash.
locustfurnace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I got hit with the same shit yesterday. I sent some LP's off via Media Mail on the 16th and now this guy opened a dispute and claim. Of course, my PayPal account is now fucked.

Just how slow has mail been due to the Holidays? I haven't really been doing any trades or ordering anything this month, so I really don't know how much of an effect it has.

I really hope this guy is not a little weasel who's just trying to get his money back. He was a fucking pain-in-the-ass from the get go. Wanted pictures of everything, then told me he didn't want half of them. Then he was trying to talk me down on the price and making a fuss about the shipping cost. Then he tries to educate me on how to pack them properly.

I knew he would be trouble, but I need the cash.

You could just clean out your balance in your paypal account and if they side with him there's no money to give him (as afar as I know paypal can't actually take money from your credit card only your balance???)

But I've been getting mail non stop over christmas....6-7 days max for australia and usa to ireland...3-4 days max europe to ireland...maybe i've been lucky....

now my problem, bought 2 shirts ($36 - christmas presents for others) on ebay on 16th nov...got a message with a tracking no. on 2nd dec to say item was shipped...kept checking the tracking no. and the message i would get every time was this:

Quote:
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 2, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item

well, christmas has been and gone and no sign of the shirts....contacted seller a week before xmas and his responce was the typical post office fault not mine, be there soon, hang tough... but his tracking no. can't even prove it was posted...
Messaged him again today to see maybe he forgot to post it or just got put to the side by accident as if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, thats my last day to file a paypal claim....he has perfect feedback and i bough off him last year no problems so should i claim back (for item no proof exists was posted by it's own tracking no.) or take a hit....
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locustfurnace wrote:

You could just clean out your balance in your paypal account and if they side with him there's no money to give him (as afar as I know paypal can't actually take money from your credit card only your balance???)

There was no money in my PayPal at the time. However, PayPal now automatically grants refunds so it seems. Then, when you receive a payment from somebody, they automatically swipe it. Not cool, since I make a lot of my money selling things that the buyer receives an invoice for and then they automatically pay. That could really be devastating to a business.

Both PayPal and eBay (FeePay) must have gotten so much shit over people being ripped off by sellers, they now have a system where it's now the buyer you have to worry about. Eventually it will catch on among rip-off's and they are going to start buying hundreds of dollars worth of shit with Paypal, only to open up and claim and get it all back later.

Because of this, FUCK Media Mail. You can't track it and pretty soon I'm going to be paranoid that anyone that specifically requests that, is a rip off that knows it.

People will either have to pay for Priority w/ delivery confirmation or they can fuck off.
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
People will either have to pay for Priority w/ delivery confirmation or they can fuck off.

That's something I am thinking heavily as well. I sold some stuff and a couple of people from strange countries won some of them (South Africa, also Russia...) without paying for registration. So I did register the shit for fucks sake not having hassle afterwards. That I will change in the future for sure.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

since a couple of years I sell on ebay with registered shipping only!
never lost a claim with a tracking number, then if the package is really lost I can get a refund from italian postal service

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:

That's something I am thinking heavily as well. I sold some stuff and a couple of people from strange countries won some of them (South Africa, also Russia...) without paying for registration. So I did register the shit for fucks sake not having hassle afterwards. That I will change in the future for sure.

This is my next worry. I sold a CD to somebody in Slovenia. Another pay in the ass. I dropped $5 off the price of the CD I sold them. Then he turns around AFTER he pays to tell me to make sure I sent it registered. So that "he can get his money back through paypal in case I rip him off".

Instead of just sending me the cash, he busted my balls even more to make out some bullshit invoice listing every fucking detail about the CD from the band, title, cat #, label and condition.

NOW I am nervous as I type that out. I didn't sent it registered. It's $16 to send anything registered here and I know he would of hassled me even more.

I don't sweat it not getting to him, because I've send shit to Slovenia and all over the world and never had any problems.

I actually have more faith in the postal service than dishonest ball busters and rip-off's.

Am I a sucker? If I see a person has a few good references, I just send the guy the cash. I don't put people through shit and question them.
- LEGION -

Location: - Somewhere Within The Fuckin Space / Time Continuum -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

- delivery confirmation is the best bet for sending within the US -

- [ BLASPHEMY / http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/ ] -

- [ UNHOLY ARCHANGEL / http://unholyarchangelworship.webs.com/ ] -
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do media mail with delivery confirmation as well.
3. Memes
4. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delivery confirmation doesn't count for much against paypal claims. there is no way for the seller to win.

Web: nwnprod.com

- LEGION -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
delivery confirmation doesn't count for much against paypal claims. there is no way for the seller to win.

- how can you NOT win if you have CONFIRMATION that the fuckin package was delivered?!?!? -

Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- LEGION - wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

- how can you NOT win if you have CONFIRMATION that the fuckin package was delivered?!?!? -

That has explained before a few times. Paypal accept the delivery confirmation ONLY if the item was sold through Ebay. If we´re talking about non Ebay goods, Paypal gives a shit.
- LEGION -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

That has explained before a few times. Paypal accept the delivery confirmation ONLY if the item was sold through Ebay. If we´re talking about non Ebay goods, Paypal gives a shit.

- really?!?!? so, people could always claim to not receive their packages then & paypal will give them their $$$ back?!?!? with no proof or whatever?!?!? -

Chit019

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- LEGION - wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

- really?!?!? so, people could always claim to not receive their packages then & paypal will give them their $$$ back?!?!? with no proof or whatever?!?!? -

That's pretty much the whole point of this thread so far, paypal can be a tool for scammers etc.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- LEGION - wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

That´s what the whole topic is about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: