P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MARTIRE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexBlume

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
That's Blasphemous! I think the EP is the best recording to come out of Australia. Yes I said it!

Actually, SLAUGHTER LORD's "Taste of Blood" demo from 1986 has been scientifically proven to be the best recording to come out of Australia.

Not that I don't love that Martire stuff, can't wait to hear the full album!!!
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
That's Blasphemous! I think the EP is the best recording to come out of Australia. Yes I said it!

The MLP has a better sound, but the other is just a bit harsher and smashes my ears in. Anyway, full length should be skull crushing...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had MP3s of the full length for about a year now. I wish Don would hurry up and get it mastered because it kills. It's a lot more technical compared to the early stuff. It's like old Martire meets old Stargazer or something.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Nosliw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for their new full-length. Their MLP is just great stuff, straightforward and straight brutality. Yosuke's presentation for the album is also fucking sweet and simple. I love the production and the sound on that mini LP. But what I cannot fathom is that the die hard edition has yet to be sold out from the NWN store as this album is further proof that it's criminally overrated.

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I've had MP3s of the full length for about a year now. I wish Don would hurry up and get it mastered because it kills. It's a lot more technical compared to the early stuff. It's like old Martire meets old Stargazer or something.
that was my feeling after hearing it
Mastubator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
It's a lot more technical compared to the early stuff.

More technical, but still sounding like a steamroller strapped to a rocket being fired through the desert?

Quote:
Actually, SLAUGHTER LORD's "Taste of Blood" demo from 1986 has been scientifically proven to be the best recording to come out of Australia.

DIE BY FUCKIN'
POWAAAARGH!
At the Gates should have covered this one instead of Legion.
krawling kaos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastubator wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

More technical, but still sounding like a steamroller strapped to a rocket being fired through the desert?

Like a steamroller strapped to a well calibrated rocket. The earlier Martire is to Vomitor as later Martire is to Portal. Well, sorta.

And I might be the only one who actually likes the Throneum side of that split lp.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
The 12" has much better sound than the 7". It was originally released in 1991 on CD format by Dominator records.

I'm searching for the demos compilation tape released only in Australia. I can't seem to find anyone who actually owns a copy. Please post a photo if anyone here has it.

I gave this to a guy in Holland a few years back. I never thought it was so great personally... lots of cover tunes and the like from memory. If Don knows where Kelly or Aaron who used to run Dominator are maybe they can help. Last I heard Aaron was still in Adelaide.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
brown growth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krawling kaos wrote:
Mastubator wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

Like a steamroller strapped to a well calibrated rocket. The earlier Martire is to Vomitor as later Martire is to Portal. Well, sorta.

And I might be the only one who actually likes the Throneum side of that split lp.

It's that god damn snare drum on the Throneum side that really makes me cringe.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I gave this to a guy in Holland a few years back. I never thought it was so great personally... lots of cover tunes and the like from memory. If Don knows where Kelly or Aaron who used to run Dominator are maybe they can help. Last I heard Aaron was still in Adelaide.

Let me know if you ever see those guys or the tape. I'm really in need of that damn thing.

Btw, do you know if the MCD actually came out in 1991? Most people I know got their copy in the late 90's. I suspect that they sat on them for a long time before starting to distribute them.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:

Let me know if you ever see those guys or the tape. I'm really in need of that damn thing.

Btw, do you know if the MCD actually came out in 1991? Most people I know got their copy in the late 90's. I suspect that they sat on them for a long time before starting to distribute them.

I never see these guys. They live 800 kms from me ha ha. Yes the MCD came out in '91. The sad reality was that there was little interest in Martire during that post '92 to '97 period. The split wth Angel Corpse and some renewed shows around '98 sparked a bit for them, but they play so little and rarely outside Adelaide that I can tell.

As you're aware the line up that comprises the band now and for the last 10 years I guess is not the same as that from the mini album and that '88-'92 period. I'm sure things were happening for them during that time, but they were somewhat inactive for a few years from memory before picking up with Don etc. Bands from Adelaide also had a more centralised following relative to their city. Always plugging away at their musical excellence. The players from that state are among the best in this country for sure.

I would suggest that the greatest degree of interest in the band ever is now.

And sorry, none of this shinfo provides you with your tape ha ha.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: