P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Paranormal events, cryptoid encounters?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Snake



Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Paranormal events, cryptoid encounters? Reply with quote

These days in the US cable television is infested with these paranormal shows about ghosts, demons, UFOs, Bigfoot, jewish conspiracies, moth-man, etc. I haven't found any of these shows to be believable except for when Paranormal Witness first come out. Season 1 seemed like it could be on the up and up but by season 2 and now 3 it's obvious this show is fake.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone here has true experience, or proof of the paranormal.

I had only one experience that I can attest to.
It was the early 90's and my mother had a first cousin who had a wife(not blood related to me) who's sister was murdered by her ex-boyfriend. While she was still alive she would always come to the big family events even though she wasn't blood related, (to the graduations, etc, etc.) I really didn't know her personally, but I knew who she was, met her lots of times, knew what she looked like, saw her a couple times a year. So, come to find out her ex-boyfriend flipped out and murdered her with an axe, quite gruesomely. A few months go by and another family event comes up, in fact it was one of the very last ones since the grandmothers starting dying off after it. Anyway, I show up with my father (who incidentally died this past February) and we walk in this back yard where all the chairs and tables are set up. We were a bit early since we wanted to leave early, no one had really arrived yet. So, there's someone sitting at one of the tables by herself, we walk by she looks at us and says hello as we pass. We say hello back, or at least I did, we walk over to the other side of the yard and I turn to my father and say, isn't that "", I thought she was dead? He responded, I thought she was dead too. We look across and she was gone. I know what I (we) saw. No reason to bullshit here. I brought up this story a few times to my father over the years(before he died) to prove to myself that it really happened and that he remembered it too.

Does anyone have any real stories to share? They usually only seem to happen once in a lifetime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feuersturm



Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 622
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a hardboiled skeptic and realist, I'm still, albeit purely scientifically, fascinated by the subject. While most cases can easily be attributed to misconceptions, exaggerations, fraud or the combination of all three, I have no reason to question your sincerity here, but perhaps there simply was a person who looked a lot like the one you knew there and she left right before you could take another look. Yes, you could have sworn it was the very lifelike image of a dead person (with audio!), but there's still like a hundred possible explanations, a visitation from beyond the grave being merely one.

Paranormal studies have always been linked with pseudo science. Perhaps the subject is simply too elusive to study, making documentations and gathering of information nearly impossible. Maybe there's nothing to study there in the first place. It has been suggested that the way to learn about paranormal phenomena could be in quantum physics. That sounds tricky because they say that in quantum physics, logic does not always apply.

In the last century or two, no proof of the paranormal has been presented, yet the cases and experiences seem too universal, uniform and frequent to be dismissed entirely. If we were to learn something about ghosts, poltergeists and whatever, they would no longer be paranormal, but instead normal, yet highly irregular. Everything that takes place must be of the natural world, no matter how strange. Could be there's a perfectly logical reason why these things happen, we simply don't know the matter well enough yet.

I've never seen anything out of the ordinary, but I used to have dreams which would then be "realized" in one form or another in waking state. I can't be sure if it's just the mind playing some incomprehensible tricks on me. For example - I had a dream about a cylinder, rising from the bottom of the ocean. The next day, I stumble on a documentary about deep sea exploration on TV and they were using a robot to take cylindrical samples from the ocean floor. Smaller things similar to that happened all the time, but that was a proper wtf-moment. I could say that was just another coincidence among many, but yeah, it's difficult to belittle when it's that accurate. We still have to remember that the human brain, trying to make as much sense out of random chaos as possible, is incredibly susceptible to misunderstanding and even hallucination.

I did once hear something out of the ordinary though. I guess it's the only legitimate mystery I've encountered. I was about 14 and we were in the woods with my friend and a few of his relatives. At one point I heard a faint whistling, waving, chirping, electronic type of sound. All that at once, what's that supposed to be, robo-bird? Being in the woods, I thought well it must indeed be some animal, but it did stop me because I had never heard anything like it. I was about 50 met... wait.... 54.6806649 yards away from my friend and asked him a while later if he had heard anything. "Yeah I heard that, wonder what it was". We decided to head back to the others.

Then this whistling waving chirping electronic type of sound came back with a mighty vengeance. I mean this sound was LOUD AS HELL, effectively scaring me and my friend shitless and made the two of us run down a slippery rocky hill as if our lives were on the line. For this brief moment I was experiencing sheer, unadulterated panic. Do you have any idea what that feels like? The sound could not have lasted longer than 5-8 seconds, but I've never been more afraid in my life. The sound was moving since it came from behind us and went over us. Then faded. We never saw anything, even when it was right above our heads. When it stopped my pulse was somewhere in the range of 350 (in your face, Setherial!).

No one else had heard it, I guess were were too far away from them. I don't know how anyone could have missed it since it was so loud. Of course later that day we were already joking about what we heard, but to this day I would like to know what the fuck that was about. We even went back there but never heard it again.

I happen to know there's a bird that makes a gentle whistling sound when it takes off. But this... a fleet of a thousand birds could not have made that noise. It almost sounded like the weirdest alarm siren ever. I don't know. Can hardly describe it.

WIUWIUWIUWIUWIWIWWUIWUIUWIIWU!!!! No, I can't.
_________________
§:-«l
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 561

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:

Paranormal studies have always been linked with pseudo science. Perhaps the subject is simply too elusive to study, making documentations and gathering of information nearly impossible. Maybe there's nothing to study there in the first place. It has been suggested that the way to learn about paranormal phenomena could be in quantum physics. That sounds tricky because they say that in quantum physics, logic does not always apply.

In the last century or two, no proof of the paranormal has been presented, yet the cases and experiences seem too universal, uniform and frequent to be dismissed entirely. If we were to learn something about ghosts, poltergeists and whatever, they would no longer be paranormal, but instead normal, yet highly irregular. Everything that takes place must be of the natural world, no matter how strange. Could be there's a perfectly logical reason why these things happen, we simply don't know the matter well enough yet.


Thats pretty much how I feel.

I only have one story and it's definitely easily debunked. But it doesn't take away from "this happened, and I can't readily explain what it was" type of factor. I was 17-18 I think hanging out in a graveyard with my girlfriend at the time, her friend, and one of my friends. My girlfriend and I were walking around the graveyard while her friend and mine were sitting in the car, which was parked at the end of a small field in the back of the graveyard. We decide to start walking back to the car through the field when off to our left we see a shadowy thing moving 'irreguarly'. It looked like it was moving forward but in a pretty un-natural way, like it wasn't the normal walk or gait of an animal of some kind. It looked bi-pedal, like it wasn't on 4 legs or crouched over, but it was also pretty short, like maybe 3.5 feet tall. We're both looking at it and my GF is like, "what the hell is that"? and I'm like "Uh, I'm not sure" .. and about a second later .. BAM .. it fucking JETS off very very very fucking fast. Faster than I've seen a dog, or animal or whatever move. We get back to the car and before we can even open our mouths her friend and mine are like "Uhh did you guys fucking see that thing?" .. they described the same thing. Small, moving slowly and strangely and then BLAM .. jets off at inhuman insane speed.

So could it have been a animal or something? Oh yeah most definitely. It was dark as fuck. It could have been anything I guess. But I can't say it was this or that specifically. Only that it was shaped weirdly, not like an animal, and moved at insane speeds faster than any animal I can cite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snake



Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
Feuersturm wrote:

Paranormal studies have always been linked with pseudo science. Perhaps the subject is simply too elusive to study, making documentations and gathering of information nearly impossible. Maybe there's nothing to study there in the first place. It has been suggested that the way to learn about paranormal phenomena could be in quantum physics. That sounds tricky because they say that in quantum physics, logic does not always apply.

In the last century or two, no proof of the paranormal has been presented, yet the cases and experiences seem too universal, uniform and frequent to be dismissed entirely. If we were to learn something about ghosts, poltergeists and whatever, they would no longer be paranormal, but instead normal, yet highly irregular. Everything that takes place must be of the natural world, no matter how strange. Could be there's a perfectly logical reason why these things happen, we simply don't know the matter well enough yet.


Thats pretty much how I feel.

I only have one story and it's definitely easily debunked. But it doesn't take away from "this happened, and I can't readily explain what it was" type of factor. I was 17-18 I think hanging out in a graveyard with my girlfriend at the time, her friend, and one of my friends. My girlfriend and I were walking around the graveyard while her friend and mine were sitting in the car, which was parked at the end of a small field in the back of the graveyard. We decide to start walking back to the car through the field when off to our left we see a shadowy thing moving 'irreguarly'. It looked like it was moving forward but in a pretty un-natural way, like it wasn't the normal walk or gait of an animal of some kind. It looked bi-pedal, like it wasn't on 4 legs or crouched over, but it was also pretty short, like maybe 3.5 feet tall. We're both looking at it and my GF is like, "what the hell is that"? and I'm like "Uh, I'm not sure" .. and about a second later .. BAM .. it fucking JETS off very very very fucking fast. Faster than I've seen a dog, or animal or whatever move. We get back to the car and before we can even open our mouths her friend and mine are like "Uhh did you guys fucking see that thing?" .. they described the same thing. Small, moving slowly and strangely and then BLAM .. jets off at inhuman insane speed.

So could it have been a animal or something? Oh yeah most definitely. It was dark as fuck. It could have been anything I guess. But I can't say it was this or that specifically. Only that it was shaped weirdly, not like an animal, and moved at insane speeds faster than any animal I can cite.


This sounds like an episode of A Haunting(I'm almost embarrassed to say I've seen every single episode) which is described as shadow people. Yes, there could have been another explanation for it, but most people who believe in this sort of thing would categorize the experience as an encounter with a shadow person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

EDIT: Of course the wiki link I provided debunks it right away, but it wasn't an experience while you were sleeping. Many of these encounters happen in graveyards. It can be our minds playing tricks on us as well, of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeKay



Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 536
Location: Down There...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
Feuersturm wrote:

Paranormal studies have always been linked with pseudo science. Perhaps the subject is simply too elusive to study, making documentations and gathering of information nearly impossible. Maybe there's nothing to study there in the first place. It has been suggested that the way to learn about paranormal phenomena could be in quantum physics. That sounds tricky because they say that in quantum physics, logic does not always apply.

In the last century or two, no proof of the paranormal has been presented, yet the cases and experiences seem too universal, uniform and frequent to be dismissed entirely. If we were to learn something about ghosts, poltergeists and whatever, they would no longer be paranormal, but instead normal, yet highly irregular. Everything that takes place must be of the natural world, no matter how strange. Could be there's a perfectly logical reason why these things happen, we simply don't know the matter well enough yet.


Thats pretty much how I feel.

I only have one story and it's definitely easily debunked. But it doesn't take away from "this happened, and I can't readily explain what it was" type of factor. I was 17-18 I think hanging out in a graveyard with my girlfriend at the time, her friend, and one of my friends. My girlfriend and I were walking around the graveyard while her friend and mine were sitting in the car, which was parked at the end of a small field in the back of the graveyard. We decide to start walking back to the car through the field when off to our left we see a shadowy thing moving 'irreguarly'. It looked like it was moving forward but in a pretty un-natural way, like it wasn't the normal walk or gait of an animal of some kind. It looked bi-pedal, like it wasn't on 4 legs or crouched over, but it was also pretty short, like maybe 3.5 feet tall. We're both looking at it and my GF is like, "what the hell is that"? and I'm like "Uh, I'm not sure" .. and about a second later .. BAM .. it fucking JETS off very very very fucking fast. Faster than I've seen a dog, or animal or whatever move. We get back to the car and before we can even open our mouths her friend and mine are like "Uhh did you guys fucking see that thing?" .. they described the same thing. Small, moving slowly and strangely and then BLAM .. jets off at inhuman insane speed.

So could it have been a animal or something? Oh yeah most definitely. It was dark as fuck. It could have been anything I guess. But I can't say it was this or that specifically. Only that it was shaped weirdly, not like an animal, and moved at insane speeds faster than any animal I can cite.


Even though you say it didn't look crouched, it could be a person hanging around the graveyard too, but afraid of your presence?
_________________
PeterVenkman wrote:
the Internet is the best invention ever if only for music and porn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snake



Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% sure this is fake, cause it's too good to be true. Still, I love it.

Question
"Is that true that you're out here Belial? Cause if you are I'd like to hear"
Answer
"Asmodeus, Belial, you know me from far away..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAyclE_P1yw

starts at: 0:20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaos



Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 442
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is real.

However, the assumption that quantum physics may be to "blame" is viable as well, because as said, logic in its current understanding is not necessarily utilized. Schrödinger's cat and Many-worlds theory could potentially come into play and cause branches of reality, whether defined as spiritual or not, to overlap infinitely. It is a fascinating subject.
_________________
     3         3         3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ADK



Joined: 05 Oct 2012
Posts: 1031

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a real mysteriis here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steken



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
This is a real mysteriis here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident


Don't mean to be a spoilsport, but that one, specifically, has been pretty thoroughly debunked.

There are crazier "cases" out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hallucinogen



Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 597

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mind is mysterious. Hallucinations, false memories etc. are all valid explanations aside from the more obvious "animal in the dark" etc. Of course, it gets more mysterious when several people attest to witnessing the same event/creature.

When I was 12 or something I was exploring the woods with a cousin, when he suddenly stops abruptly and asks me "what the fuck is that?". About 30 meters in front of us, something very tall and white is striding through the trees. We look at each other and bolt off simultaneously.

Kaos wrote:
It is real.

However, the assumption that quantum physics may be to "blame" is viable as well, because as said, logic in its current understanding is not necessarily utilized. Schrödinger's cat and Many-worlds theory could potentially come into play and cause branches of reality, whether defined as spiritual or not, to overlap infinitely. It is a fascinating subject.
No offense, but you probably know nothing about quantum mechanics, just like every other person who claims that quantum mechanics somehow explain the pseudoscientific bullshit they believe in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 4885
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
ADK wrote:
This is a real mysteriis here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident


Don't mean to be a spoilsport, but that one, specifically, has been pretty thoroughly debunked.

There are crazier "cases" out there.


Just read about this today after seeing this thread. I'm a very skeptical person, but I didn't notice any 'debunking' of this, just lots of questions and no answers one way or another. What are the debunking theories you speak of ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timon



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Posts: 663
Location: Italia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw a ufo many years ago, it was a big green sphere with a nice trail.
_________________
NK7 wrote:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Squatz_n_oatz



Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Steken wrote:
ADK wrote:
This is a real mysteriis here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident


Don't mean to be a spoilsport, but that one, specifically, has been pretty thoroughly debunked.

There are crazier "cases" out there.


Just read about this today after seeing this thread. I'm a very skeptical person, but I didn't notice any 'debunking' of this, just lots of questions and no answers one way or another. What are the debunking theories you speak of ?

It mostly involves the people catching hypothermia and after the accompanying madness set in they did stuff like remove clothing. Then after they froze to death, animals mutilated the bodies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Travis N.



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 1391
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has the potential to be the best thread on the board. I hadn't heard about the Dyatlov Pass until this thread, but I sort of agree Blodhemn. When I read they were found without their clothes, I immediately thought hypothermia, which was most likely the case, but that doesn't explain the radiation. Also, the animal mutilation may not be as likely because the mountain is/was named for not having any game on it. I love this type of shit.
_________________
A TERRE RECORDS

http://www.aterrerecords.blogspot.com

http://aterre.bigcartel.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaos



Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 442
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
...

Incorrect. But it is irrelevant as I do not respect you.
_________________
     3         3         3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group