P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Irkallian Oracle “Apollyon” CD Out Now
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacknuclearhellstorm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Irkallian Oracle “Apollyon” CD Out Now Reply with quote

Irkallian Oracle “Apollyon” CD
ANTI-GOTH 313

"… And the burning I ascended unto a burning throne
From where my lidless eye beheld a burning world
As the flames sang in unison a single terrible word
And nothing else was heard."

(Description by C. Conrad)
Upon offering its initial prophecy, “Grave Ekstasis,” in March 2013, Irkallian Oracle immediately left an indelible impression on its audience that was commensurate with the obscure oppressiveness of the music itself. Originally released as a limited cassette edition by Bolvärk Productions, this first album’s supply of copies was quickly outgrown by the demand that it had rightfully garnered. In response, Nuclear War Now! began its relationship with the band by offering to make the album more widely available on LP and CD formats.
Shortly thereafter, and like any band that truly deserves such a level of admiration in the wake of just a single recording, this Swedish death cult dedicated itself to surpassing its own highly-set standard in composing and eventually recording its second full-length album. “Apollyon,” the fruit of this endeavor hereby presented by Nuclear War Now!, has met and exceeded the lofty expectations resulting from the acclaim of “Grave Ekstasis.” In the same fashion as the first album, “Apollyon” achieves its effect by dragging the listener down into the most abysmal depths of subconscious oblivion. This descent is blanketed in a palpably dark atmosphere and primarily driven by a unique array of percussive patterns and instrumentation, all of which is complemented by the alternating swelling and contraction of the guitar riffs.
It is, however, with perhaps a hint of irony that this second album eclipses its predecessor in terms of its darkness, given the obvious solar reference in the title “Apollyon” and the previous album’s lunar association. On the other hand, the even more pronounced density of “Apollyon” is appropriate when one recognizes the sun’s role as an active generator of light, an agent of revelation and prophecy, and the absolute state of Being, which are the dominant themes explored in the album’s lyrics and other accompanying texts. Further distinguishing “Apollyon” from “Grave Ekstasis” is the greater degree of focus in its compositions. “Grave Ekstasis,” with its more open approach to the songs’ arrangements, was reflective of a band in its early development, firmly in possession of an unbridled potency but with a somewhat lesser capability to optimally channel this potential. “Apollyon,” on the other hand, demonstrates a musical maturation evidenced by its greater level of systemization and technical advancement, which results in a more cohesive effort overall.
The differences between the two albums notwithstanding, “Apollyon” serves as a natural progression of the meditations begun on “Grave Ekstasis,” and this continuity is further exemplified by having once again chosen artist David Herrerias to visually manifest the band’s aural discourse. Behold the six-fold secret sung by the Abysmal Angel in dedication to the mysteries of the Infernal Sun.

CD first press with slipcase.

Click here to order.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Breach - It's Me God (Vinyl Reissue) Reply with quote

I listened to the song that went up earlier. Sounds like they have kicked their sound up a gear.

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
Crasse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the sound of the first album.
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the preview song be put up on bandcamp it won't play for me from the Facebook page?
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33D7ON5Mj3Y

I uhh.. have a slight problem with that sound to be honest. It has no crunch, but instead this thick, muffled blur. There's also the death metal St. Anger snare.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halfway through..I've no special comments other than it's fucking heavy and I'm enjoying it Razz
valgalder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grave Ekstasis is so incredible, I don't even need a sample of the new one to know i'm going to order this immediately.
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Here's a song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33D7ON5Mj3Y

I uhh.. have a slight problem with that sound to be honest. It has no crunch, but instead this thick, muffled blur. There's also the death metal St. Anger snare.

Thanks.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valgalder wrote:
Grave Ekstasis is so incredible, I don't even need a sample of the new one to know i'm going to order this immediately.

Exactly my thoughts. Ordered this, and The Fog CD the other day.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:
valgalder wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. Ordered this, and The Fog CD the other day.

If you like the first IO album, it's hard to imagine why you would not like this one.
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grave Ekstasis is so phenomenal that I cannot imagine the new one being any better. High as fvck expectations, will listen to the bandcamp properly later tonight

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did the artwork, Denis Forkas?
STRANGUL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Grave Ekstasis was a bunch of prehistoric serpent-worshipping proto-humans severing your flesh with a hand ax, Apollyon is a highly refined, ritualistic bunch of acolytes doing unspeakable things to your mind… and bowels.

Definitely not a "love at first sight"-affair like Grave Ekstasis was, but all the more rewarding after you give it a couple of listenings, especially the final track "At the Graveyard of Gods"… clocking in at twenty minutes, the last eight of which being a low frequency rumble you wish was twice as long.

Not sure if this will be my number one for 2016 (it is only February after all), but most likely a long-time favorite. Will go for the vinyl (and probably the CD, too).

For IOs next release I'm hoping for a plunge back into darkness, maybe some kind of ergotic medieval madness… Razz
VomitingChoir

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This production is god-awful. That low-end sounds like it's inside an intense pipe-and-water system and the guitars sound like they were mic'd backwards. It's creative and I can tell I'm listening to IO, but that engineer fucked up. Hoping the vinyl is remastered.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Who did the artwork, Denis Forkas?

David Herrerias. Same as on the first album.
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: