P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Zero Telerance Magazine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Opolus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imposter wrote:
I buy ZT every now and then. The underground BM section is often good, and they sometimes feature decent bands.

They have some fucking awful writers though, and considering the magazine is called 'zero tolerance' they rarely ever give anything a bad review, including shit like Job For A Cowboy.

Sometimes worth the money, sometimes not. I bought the last one on the strength of Nemtheanga's article.

Yes, Alan's column in the latest issue was spot fucking on! Couldn't agree more on what he wrote!! Bought some issues in the last couple of years, whenever I've been to Dublin. Was actually a nice coinicidence, that I've been there again last week, while being very keen anyway on getting the "Warrior speaks to Giger" issue! Too bad I didn't run into Darragh/"Invictus" for a few pints, though...
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:
Too bad I didn't run into Darragh/"Invictus" for a few pints, though...

Been laying low recently. Up to my ass with work right now! When were you here....?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benhogg wrote:
to be a high circulation, bookstore type mag is a delicate balancing act, as you almost have to cover Cradle or Kamelot to some extent, but the tricky part is including enough content to turn those same people onto the lesser known acts. It's impossible to be tightly focused and appeal, for example, only to crusty kids but there are plenty of fanzines that can do just that. The Barnes and Nobles mags are great introductory tools and it's up to the consumer to dig deeper.

What he said.
Infestation_Of_Evil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a decent mag, far better than any other mainstream metal rag you find in newsagents. Theres always lots of shite mainstream bands and modern arty farty bullshit, but they also always feature some good and deserving underground bands. I enjoyed Alans article in the latest issue and look forward to reading what he writes in the future.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy responsible for the 'arty' stuff in Terrorizer (Boris etc.) now no longer works there...

ZT is good but like any mainstream magazine, only periodically has stuff I'm interested in.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
ZT is good but like any mainstream magazine, only periodically has stuff I'm interested in.

Ditto. I've only ever bought 2 issues and one of those was merely for the Sadomator interview. Other than that, most of the time I can't really be bothered with ZT.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:
Plus, when they do actually feature good bands, is this even a good thing? I know there's an age old argument for and against this, but I really don't think that the majority readership of ZT should have decent stuff like the aforementioned NWN bands handed to them on a plate!

I disagree. More exposure to good metal the better. Less Cradle of Filth and more Ignivomous to the masses.

I'm not saying that exposure is such a bad thing in itself, rather than should it be exposed to poseurs like the majority of ZT's readership? From what a friend who works in a newsagents told me, it's mostly emo kids and hipsters who buy ZT in England.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. My impression is that they probably just read the Gojira or Blow Job For a Cowboy interviews, maybe listen to some Morbosidad and in my experience, often deduct its shit and move on. I have encountered such sorts before mainly through sixth form and art college so for the most part I don't see it as under threat for the most part.

Besides if you talk to these people, you can normally figure out if they're fakes in 5 minutes, if not less.
Grief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:
Plus, when they do actually feature good bands, is this even a good thing? I know there's an age old argument for and against this, but I really don't think that the majority readership of ZT should have decent stuff like the aforementioned NWN bands handed to them on a plate!

I disagree. More exposure to good metal the better. Less Cradle of Filth and more Ignivomous to the masses.

I'm not saying that exposure is such a bad thing in itself, rather than should it be exposed to poseurs like the majority of ZT's readership? From what a friend who works in a newsagents told me, it's mostly emo kids and hipsters who buy ZT in England.

Pretty silly to judge the majority of a magazines readership based on the 2nd-hand account of I person that works in a newsagent dontcha think?

I still don't know who these poseurs are that some of you UK folk speak of - have you been listening to too much Strikemaster?
Professor Black

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. How could this possibly concern you? What are you afraid of? Do you really think that if a band like Morbosidad gets more popular that it will affect the characteristics of their music?

I really don't get it.

Anyway, my question about the meaning of the magazine's name stands.
Azmoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe related to Death's song ? or Massacra's one but this one was lame.

Anyway, I didn't subscribe again for this mag as first this looked really great, compared to the french press, but finally I got bored by the fashion/trendy side, not by praising Electric Wizard or such, but the arty side of the mag, and this idea "we love Metal but we look like NY artists (with horrible haircuts)", interviews not question/answer but more articles with extracts of interviews so it's more about the editor's view than the band's. At least Nathan T Birk gets real UG bands in the mag to save it.
I prefer Metal Maniacs which sounds more Metal, looks more dumb metalhead compared to the intellectual side of ZT, but sound far more honest.
My point of view.
Caina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
I don't get it. How could this possibly concern you? What are you afraid of? Do you really think that if a band like Morbosidad gets more popular that it will affect the characteristics of their music?

I really don't get it.

Anyway, my question about the meaning of the magazine's name stands.

I'm probably public enemy number one for this guy, as I'm would he would a "trendy-art-fag-metaller" pictured in a Morbosidad t shirt in my interview with "trendy, ironic fag mag" Zero Tolerance. I guess we should all leave metal alone because of this one dude's opinion.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Opolus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus Productions wrote:
Opolus wrote:
Too bad I didn't run into Darragh/"Invictus" for a few pints, though...

Been laying low recently. Up to my ass with work right now! When were you here....?

Been there from Sunday 23.11. to the following Thursday. Had my fair share of "Guinness" and even moreso "Beamish", while visiting the usual recordstores e. g. "Sentinel Records" or "Borderline". Got MERCILESS' "Unbound" vinyl version in the former and a great MAIDEN bootleg from the "Somewhere In Time" tour in the latter, just to name a few of my recent vinyl/CD scores from Dublin. It's also great to have HELLHAMMER's "Triumph Of Death" blasting out in the "Bruxelles" juke box! Very Happy Will most probably be there again in May next year to see PAGAN ALTAR!
Imposter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Guinness in Dublin is second to none.

Back on topic, regardless of my misgivings about ZT, I doubt that many emos or hipsters buy it. Why wouldn't they buy one of the magazines that feature loads more of their bands?
goatfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe mags like ZT would be less pricey if they cooled it with the "free" CDs... 95% crap + two good cuts you already have...

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
VILLAINS WILL BE IN THE NEW ZERO TOLERANCE AS WELL AS THE NEW METAL MANIACS... Laughing

HELL YEAH!!!- spread the disease!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: