P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Zero Telerance Magazine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
Zero Tolerance blows but I support the knowledge Nathan T. Birk has for Metal. Very cool guy as well, a 30 year old that looks 18, Laughing .
\

Picture please.

Btw, anyone know how many copies they claim to distribute?

Sorry, I have none... I should have taken one with him in Texas, he was pretty trashed going crazy during most of the bands that played (Morbosidad, Necroholocaust etc.)
GHOAT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a pic of me and Nate in my SOTNC album on my Myspace page for you internet stalkers who need to know what people look like. Not going to post it here though.

@ BenHogg - ZT is imported, thus the price tag. It is also fuckign worth double that compared to that shit rag Terrorizer.

@ whomever wondered where to get it; I believe it is carried in Barnes and Noble, but do not hold me to that.

@ BenHog (again) - When comes new BBtP?
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
There is a pic of me and Nate in my SOTNC album on my Myspace page for you internet stalkers who need to know what people look like.

HA! Laughing
Grief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dhorshonkari wrote:
they are quick as fuck to deliver to the subscribers!

I've been a subscriber for the last 3 issues. The subscription deal was awesome: 20 for 6 x issues plus a free Mord - Imperium Magnum Infernalis LP. However, when i contacted them 4 days after the latest issue came out to politely enquire where my subscriber copy was they said 'that's because subscriber copies only went out yesterday.' A bit annoying to wait a week AFTER the damn thing comes out to get a copy.

All in all better than Terrorizer, but still at times not actually THAT great. I prefer MM but that's hardly distributed at all in the UK anymore.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/Grief_Foundation
Avaratoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinks its a great magazine; far superior to Terrorizer, which really went to ratshit.
Imposter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy ZT every now and then. The underground BM section is often good, and they sometimes feature decent bands.

They have some fucking awful writers though, and considering the magazine is called 'zero tolerance' they rarely ever give anything a bad review, including shit like Job For A Cowboy.

Sometimes worth the money, sometimes not. I bought the last one on the strength of Nemtheanga's article.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, despite the argument of "they're better than Terrorizer" (which really isn't hard) what are ZT's merits? Still few and far between I think. I can't see why anyone would buy this when there's plenty of good fanzines around that will actually point you to decent music rather than go "Ho, ho, metal is for children, I only listen to it to be iron. How I love Isis."

Plus, when they do actually feature good bands, is this even a good thing? I know there's an age old argument for and against this, but I really don't think that the majority readership of ZT should have decent stuff like the aforementioned NWN bands handed to them on a plate!
GriefAG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan T.Birk is a really cool guy. He wrote also a positive review for AFFLICTION GATE EP in ZT so, we can't complain ! Wink
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Plus, when they do actually feature good bands, is this even a good thing? I know there's an age old argument for and against this, but I really don't think that the majority readership of ZT should have decent stuff like the aforementioned NWN bands handed to them on a plate!

I disagree. More exposure to good metal the better. Less Cradle of Filth and more Ignivomous to the masses.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VILLAINS WILL BE IN THE NEW ZERO TOLERANCE AS WELL AS THE NEW METAL MANIACS... Laughing
msp666

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the biggest problems with Terrorizer and to a lesser extent ZT is that there are a number of contributors who wish they could write for THE WIRE etc. hence poncy reviews and the inclusion of hip-hop and experimental avant garde stuff in their end of year lists. I seriously doubt they are into metal at all.

ZT is the better of the two mags even if they do have weird background colour schemes i.e. yellow background with purple writing.

I wish someone would make a magazine like METAL FORCES again Sad
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...
Professor Black

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget Decibel comparing Nachtmystium to Missy Elliot in total seriousness.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering they've occaisionally covered neo-folk, noise and martial, I would like them to cover that more often, it would perhaps seperate them from most extreme music magazines on the shelf.

As for the exposure of bands such as Ignivomous, Dead Congregation, Pseudogod etc, does anyone here seriously think that most kiddies can really be bothered to seek these out? Most people I'm aware of just buy from their local store or at best go straight to amazon.
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Considering they've occaisionally covered neo-folk, noise and martial, I would like them to cover that more often, it would perhaps seperate them from most extreme music magazines on the shelf.

Exactly ... for example Of the Wand and the Moon is in the current issue
benhogg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be a high circulation, bookstore type mag is a delicate balancing act, as you almost have to cover Cradle or Kamelot to some extent, but the tricky part is including enough content to turn those same people onto the lesser known acts. It's impossible to be tightly focused and appeal, for example, only to crusty kids but there are plenty of fanzines that can do just that. The Barnes and Nobles mags are great introductory tools and it's up to the consumer to dig deeper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: