P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Grotesque
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two versions of the Incantation MLP. Black vinyl and lilac vinyl, both withouit inserts, both unnumbered.

Liers In Wait (spelling schmelling) should have recorded their 666 CD as announced by Necropolis Rec. in 1998/1999. They are thrashing everything away with their Angel Of Death Cover on Black Sun's Tribute To Slayer II CD. A full-length in the same style would have been absolutely awesome.

Decollation is extremely technical Thrash Metal. One has to get into the vocals, and then this bands rules extremely well. Like a technical Thrash Metal version of the first Liers In Wait CD with a different style of vocals.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my grotesque, black vinyl with insert
any other got the same plastic inner sleeve?

I got the liliac vinyl too years ago but after discovering it was a later press I gave it to a friend.
the thing about the limited 100 came form swedish death metal book, the author said in the book that he got the first copy, here the picture of the page

about decollation... I really like them but I admit that the particularity of the vocals and the sloppy drumming can bother someone
about diabolique, first 2 releases (the diabolique and wedding the grotesque) are very good creepy/horror metal. I enjoy later stuff too that is very different (cheesy goth rock) and not metal at all... but that's another story Cool

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Albin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... only played once ?

Why ???? This MLP is so damn good !
zbielak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lilac version of Incantation would most likely be a 1995-96 pirate (retaining the original Dolores layout) that probably surfaced parallel to At The Gates' Gardens Of grief MLP pirate vinyl - pressed on lilac vinyl, and sold back then by Nuclear Blast as a limited edition of 300 copies, if memory serves me well.
anotherdeadhero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Incantation the same day it came out from Dolores. Never heard that there were any other pressings then the normal black vinyl with insert back then. Found out about the others years later.

I only knew that the insert was missing in some copies. So my guess would be that Dolores made a ltd amount of inserts.
Lukcifer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vinyl version of the Liers In Wait MCD would be most welcome...
sztorm75

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukcifer wrote:
A vinyl version of the Liers In Wait MCD would be most welcome...

this is my xmas wish:P
Reed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grotesque is the shit. I'm going to have to get in a time machine and move to 1991 Sweden.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Grotesque Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:

Incantation; Discussed here before, but as I could not find the thread, here it goes again: Black & lilac vinyls. Metal- Archives claims that the black was pressed in 100 handnumbered copies.

finally the truth could be revealed! Laughing
last friday at obscene extreme I asked to mr tomas lindberg about incantation presses
he told me that this infamous limited 100 copies is the very first press! it's handnumbered and got the insert with lyrics printed in thicker paper (he used the term "hardcover") than the other black wax pressing.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
adrian5118

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought one of those patches from an eBay seller, and he said he sent multiples but I never got any... Mad Mad Mad
HotBlack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Grotesque Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
How's the Ripped from the Cross demo?
The Black Gate Is Closed is a good demo, even though the band got better with the following releases. One of the few bands which got more deadly over time, despite of increased technicality when it comes to the songwriting.
Incantation; Discussed here before, but as I could not find the thread, here it goes again: Black & lilac vinyls. Metal- Archives claims that the black was pressed in 100 handnumbered copies. Was there another black vinyl pressing later or is it wrong info? Mine isn't handnumbered and the 100 copies sounds too small... What about the lilac, which to me seems to be the elusive one?
Were the In The Embrace Of Evil (unreleased) demo tracks available through tapetrading, or was the album release the first time those tracks were released?
Did anyone see their gig at the release party of the Swedish Death Metal book? They mentioned in an interview that a television crew filmed the gig, is it uploaded anywhere?
Any live tracks from 89-90 era on tape/cdr? I would like to hear their live rendition of Bathory's The Return.
Fans of Liers in Wait or Decollation in here?

I have the Grotesque - Incantation LP DOL004 on black vinyl, it has the lyric sheet and is not hand numbered.

I too am a huge Lier in Wait fan also...one of my favorites

I am also a fan of Decollation and have my copy ripped to V0 VBR mp3 if your interested in a good quality copy to listen too.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of metal's greatest tragedies is that Liers in Wait released one ep and At the Gates, well I don't care for them whatsoever, released how many albums?. Where's the justice?
HotBlack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
One of metal's greatest tragedies is that Liers in Wait released one ep and At the Gates, well I don't care for them whatsoever, released how many albums?. Where's the justice?

Terrible tragedie indeed!!

Not to be compared to LiW, but you should give the 1st two At The Gaytes a listen again.. they are great... after those two though.. total shit.

Edit: No one has mentioned Crystal Age in this thread yet. They are worth checking out too.. the lyrics are so fucking retardedly stoopid they will make your sides ache with laughter and/or disbelief.. but the music is killer, fortunately the lyrics arn't really understandable in their delivery Wink
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread, I've often wondered about the pressings of Incantation...my copy is black w/insert, but I have seen the lilac and numbered versions on ebay before if memory serves correctly.

Since I am no authority on all things metal I won't say this is the greatest album in the history of Sweden, but I WILL say that it is, without a doubt my favorite all time death metal recording.

Twisted Evil
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Grotesque Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
passetiermes wrote:

Incantation; Discussed here before, but as I could not find the thread, here it goes again: Black & lilac vinyls. Metal- Archives claims that the black was pressed in 100 handnumbered copies.

finally the truth could be revealed! Laughing
last friday at obscene extreme I asked to mr tomas lindberg about incantation presses
he told me that this infamous limited 100 copies is the very first press! it's handnumbered and got the insert with lyrics printed in thicker paper (he used the term "hardcover") than the other black wax pressing.

Thanks for the info.
I think Neseblod already knew this, as they have raised the price of the numbered edition since the last time I checked.Wink
Quote:
Grotesque-"Incantation" Original numbered copy (no. 21/100)!!
NOK: 750
Grotesque-"Incantation" Mega rare Swedish original vinyl w/insert EX
NOK: 499
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: