P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Grotesque
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Grotesque Reply with quote

How's the Ripped from the Cross demo?
The Black Gate Is Closed is a good demo, even though the band got better with the following releases. One of the few bands which got more deadly over time, despite of increased technicality when it comes to the songwriting.
Incantation; Discussed here before, but as I could not find the thread, here it goes again: Black & lilac vinyls. Metal- Archives claims that the black was pressed in 100 handnumbered copies. Was there another black vinyl pressing later or is it wrong info? Mine isn't handnumbered and the 100 copies sounds too small... What about the lilac, which to me seems to be the elusive one?
Were the In The Embrace Of Evil (unreleased) demo tracks available through tapetrading, or was the album release the first time those tracks were released?
Did anyone see their gig at the release party of the Swedish Death Metal book? They mentioned in an interview that a television crew filmed the gig, is it uploaded anywhere?
Any live tracks from 89-90 era on tape/cdr? I would like to hear their live rendition of Bathory's The Return.
Fans of Liers in Wait or Decollation in here?
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only answer two of those questions...

Yes, the Swedish Death Metal book gig was filmed, and I know at least a couple songs were put up on youtube.

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Liars In Wait.
0%cured

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neseblod records has all three versions of the Incantation album.

Grotesque-"Incantation" Original numbered copy (no. 21/100)!!
Grotesque-"Incantation" Mega rare Swedish original vinyl w/insert!!!
Grotesque-"Incantation" Red splatter vinyl issue 2002

As it seems the one limited to 100 and the red splatter has no lyric sheet. I think that the one which is limited to 100 is the 2nd press
Albin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ,

I'm a fan of Grotesque / Liers in wait but never heard any Decollation 's tunes .

I have the black Incantation LP too , without insert . it seems it's the most common Lp , and not that limited . Anyway , I can have some very precise informations because I'm in contact with one of the Dolores records guy , so I'll drop him an Email in a few minutes concerning limitation , lilac vinyl , insert etc ...

I don't think those tracks of In the embrace of Evil were available in the tape trade circuit but am not sure though ...

You can see some songs of their last gig in Café 44 in youtube .
Don't know if the show was filmed entirely but think I can have informations as well .

Concerning old live show , I have 2 shows in DvD . One in Gothenburg with the Bathory cover song and the police story etc .. and the other one in Upsalla . No problems for trade !

Never heard ripped from the cross demo ! But I would like to !

Recently I've bought two official grotesque patches , here comes one ( I have to find agin the other one ) :

Albin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red splatter vinyl is In the embrace of Evil Lp and have an insert .
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Albin & 0%cured.
Mine doesn't have any insert either, and yes, it really seems to be by far the most common version. If you find out more from the Dolores guy, appreciated!
I don't have any live DVDs, so can't offer those in trade. If you would be willing to copy them (I guess you don't want to sell them heh), let me know what you are looking for at the moment, maybe I could find something for you in return.
Have to check out the live gig just to satisfy curiosity, even though reunions usually sucks...
Albin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no problems I can dub them for you against a demo or two . Pm sent .
I have sent the email to Mr Dolores Records and will let you know when I'll get an answer .
i think I have some pics of the reunion gig as well but I have to check out .
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Liars In Wait.

Too bad they did not manage to release other albums than Spiritually Uncontrolled Art, even though they wrote many songs after the release of Spiritually.
Never bothered to check out Diabolique
Albin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not some gothic metal something ?
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diabolique suck, simply said.
And yes, it is an immense loss that the Liers In Wait material written after "Spiritually..." has never been recorded.
Albin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the email the guy of Dolores records gave me doesn't work anymore ...
Ichor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albin: Where did you get that cool GROTESQUE patch?
Albin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 2 official at Dolores records guy .
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There once was a thread at FMP with all the correct pressing information directly from the label. There were like 6 or 7 pressings if I remember correct, and only one (black) vinyl version contained an insert. Coloured versions were later pressings. And that limited 100 version wasn't even mentioned there, first time I hear about this. All this information subject to fuck-ups in my memory.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
There once was a thread at FMP with all the correct pressing information directly from the label. There were like 6 or 7 pressings if I remember correct, and only one (black) vinyl version contained an insert. Coloured versions were later pressings. And that limited 100 version wasn't even mentioned there, first time I hear about this. All this information subject to fuck-ups in my memory.

I have the black without Insert, too. Never saw a Colour Vinyl on Incantation ! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: