P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Proscriptor not joining Slayer

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Erilaz



Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 57

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Proscriptor not joining Slayer Reply with quote

Apparently there's a part in the new book "The Bloody Reign of Slayer" (http://www.joelmciver.co.uk/) with Proscriptor interviewed. I'd be interested to see that bit to see why he didn't join Slayer. Does anyone know? Or if someone has this book, can they scan in that bit?

I don't know if I give a shit enough about the other interviews in there to buy it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Endless Morbidity



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 2108
Location: New York

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was because they did like his funny outfits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Karan



Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 1355

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that they find a bit strange his "Paranormal contour" or something...
_________________
Unbound celestial assassins...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dodens Grav



Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 1601

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.metalreview.com/Interviews/30105/Proscriptor---Equitant-of-Absu.aspx

PR: I understand that at one point you were rehearsing with the noted metal band Slayer but, I read somewhere that you left due to your, “occult beliefs” could you elaborate on this story for me?

P: I auditioned for them but that is not true whatsoever. I auditioned with several other drummers. According to Slayer’s management I was the third pick. As far as my Thelemic, occult, and esoteric beliefs; that didn’t have anything to do with the consideration of me playing with Slayer. I truly believe that all the drummers that auditioned for the band were not going to get the position to begin with. I think it was just a ploy to bring Lombardo back into Slayer full-time.

PR: How was the experience of rehearsing with them?

P: Fantastic. It was outstanding, astounding. I can honestly say that it was a once in a lifetime experience. It has been documented on video and it was pretty amazing.

PR: Is this video online? Is there anyplace we could see it?

P: No. The thing is I’m the only one who has it. I would like to release it but I would probably get into some legal disputes if I were to release that online.

PR: Do you think that maybe somewhere down the road you could throw that on a DVD or something?

P: Yeah, possibly. I was actually thinking about including it on this anthology but there were just too many legal hassles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erilaz



Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 57

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
It has been documented on video and it was pretty amazing.

Would love to see that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pazuzu



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Proscriptor not too long after he auditioned for Slayer and he told me he and Kerry played "Chemical Warfare" but Proscriptor purposely sped up the pace of the song just to see if King could keep up. Smile
_________________
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Devoured Death



Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 1833

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procipitor pisses on Lombardo, they were stupid not to take him. On the other hand, I'll take Absu over anything post-Seasons... Slayer!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmdk666



Joined: 07 Jun 2007
Posts: 1060

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Procipitor pisses on Lombardo, they were stupid not to take him. On the other hand, I'll take Absu over anything post-Seasons... Slayer!


Proscriptor is certainly more creative than Lombardo on recordings, but I would bet Lombardo could play anything Proscriptor could. Don't get me wrong, I love Absu/Proscriptor, but there is a reason Lombardo gets so much respect. Plus I have doubts about the some of the double-bass being legitimate on Tara.[/code]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erilaz



Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 57

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:
...but there is a reason Lombardo gets so much respect. Plus I have doubts about the some of the double-bass being legitimate on Tara.[/code]

Yeah, agree here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Devoured Death



Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 1833

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Bostaph was better than Lombardo, it's just that Lombardo gets the respect because he played on the classic Slayer releases. Not that I'm saying either are bad! I'm pretty sure that the double bass on Tara is real, obviously there will be fixed beats here and there (when isn't there?) but I doubt there's too much dirty cheating going on. Like you say, Procipitor is respected for a reason Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1077
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
Procipitor pisses on Lombardo, they were stupid not to take him. On the other hand, I'll take Absu over anything post-Seasons... Slayer!


Proscriptor is certainly more creative than Lombardo on recordings, but I would bet Lombardo could play anything Proscriptor could. Don't get me wrong, I love Absu/Proscriptor, but there is a reason Lombardo gets so much respect. Plus I have doubts about the some of the double-bass being legitimate on Tara.[/code]


I agree, if you have seen the Melvins/Fantomas big band DVD, or listened to his works with John Zorn, Slayer is just a day job for him.
His drumming on these releases is out of control with inovation that just blows the mind. Check out Zu Feng with Zorn. If we could go back in the past and get the great a Jazz guy like Billy Cobham to play with absu, that would be some mind blowing shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group