P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

- please fuckin stop / same covers -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gospel of the Horns use to cover Black Arts about 2 years ago, seen em do it maybe 4 or 5 times. Went down well live, even though they played it a little more upbeat than the original, still it was cool
- LEGION -

Location: - Somewhere Within The Fuckin Space / Time Continuum -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraiGORE wrote:
Has anyone covered BLACK ARTS by Beherit?

GOATLUST (brazil)
HELLCHASM (egypt)
KULT OV AZAZEL (usa)
LEICHENGOTT (poland)
MALVENTO (italy)

- [ BLASPHEMY / http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/ ] -

- [ UNHOLY ARCHANGEL / http://unholyarchangelworship.webs.com/ ] -
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtomicDesolator wrote:
What do you guys think of Black Witchery's cover of Ritual by Blasphemy? I thought that was a good cover by Black Witchery.

I think it is a pretty damned good cover. Also, the cover of Demoniac is also pretty damned good.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covers are boring...
deathster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covers can be very good.... Benediction "Forged in fire"... heavy as anvil falling down.
Mastubator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- LEGION - wrote:
- plus, BLASPHEMY doesnt have a large body of work to choose from. i think bands have covered "Atomic Nuclear Desolation" the most -

That probably only gets covered because its so fukkin easy to play. It'd be interesting if someone started out playing Atomic Nuclear Desolation, then changed to Slaughter's One foot in the Grave, it's more or less the same riff.
There's been an increase in bad Von covers recently, again because there's only 1 or 2 riffs to learn for the entire song. Even then, some bands manage to play them wrong.
CR99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the covers by Maniac Butcher of their native bands Assesor and Torr
Theyre pretty awesome. I would like to see more bands from more or less exotic countries covering local stuff
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Angel Witch cover on the latest Faustcoven...
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: - please fuckin stop / same covers - Reply with quote

- LEGION - wrote:
- please fuckin stop doing covers of "Countess Bathory", "Deathcrush", "Gate Of Nanna", etc... & a long list of others -

- these songs have been covered WAY too many fuckin times & most likely, your band will NOT do anything special with the cover to make it stand out from the rest. besides, these bands have various other songs to choose from [ although i would suggest doing a cover of a song / band that hasnt been done to death ] -

- if you want to do a BURZUM, DARKTHRONE or MAYHEM cover, please shoot yourself in the head right now -

- although if a band was to pull off a GREAT cover of "Sempiternal Past / Presence View Sepulchrality" [ the best DARKTHRONE song ever ] or "Grave With A View", that would be fine. everything else, put the gun to your head & pull the fuckin trigger -

- if you want to do a BEHERIT cover, do NOT do "Gate Of Nanna" or "Sadomatic Rites" -

- there are WAY too many songs / bands out there that you can cover that havent been done yet. stop doing the same fuckin songs that have been done 100s of times -

i dont think bands give a fuck what you think and if they did we should all be worried

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
The Krusher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hate bands that cover the same damn songs over and over.

I like playing covers myself. Some of which are Enjoy the Violence (Massacra), M.S. Bismarck (Asphyx), Charred Remains (Autopsy), The Truth (Deathstrike)... There's so much great music to cover if you want to do that, so then why pick Transilvanian Hunger or Countess Bathory? Mad
- LEGION -

Location: - Somewhere Within The Fuckin Space / Time Continuum -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: - please fuckin stop / same covers - Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:
- please fuckin stop doing covers of "Countess Bathory", "Deathcrush", "Gate Of Nanna", etc... & a long list of others -

- these songs have been covered WAY too many fuckin times & most likely, your band will NOT do anything special with the cover to make it stand out from the rest. besides, these bands have various other songs to choose from [ although i would suggest doing a cover of a song / band that hasnt been done to death ] -

- if you want to do a BURZUM, DARKTHRONE or MAYHEM cover, please shoot yourself in the head right now -

- although if a band was to pull off a GREAT cover of "Sempiternal Past / Presence View Sepulchrality" [ the best DARKTHRONE song ever ] or "Grave With A View", that would be fine. everything else, put the gun to your head & pull the fuckin trigger -

- if you want to do a BEHERIT cover, do NOT do "Gate Of Nanna" or "Sadomatic Rites" -

- there are WAY too many songs / bands out there that you can cover that havent been done yet. stop doing the same fuckin songs that have been done 100s of times -

i dont think bands give a fuck what you think and if they did we should all be worried

- yeah, im sure they dont care what i think. its just something that i felt like ranting about -

- kinda sad though that they do the same thing thats been done over & over again instead of trying something new & different -

- [ BLASPHEMY / http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/ ] -

- [ UNHOLY ARCHANGEL / http://unholyarchangelworship.webs.com/ ] -
ennemi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: - please fuckin stop / same covers - Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

thanks
what a fucking tragedy
vugelnox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw Deceased recently, they finished out their set with covers of Kreator's Tormentor and with Black Metal. Obvious songs but great for getting the whole crowd riled up and finishing the set off with a lot of energy. That I'm in favor of. Tacking cover songs onto albums though which I believe is what you're describing I agree, serves little purpose and results in the skip button being used.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: - please fuckin stop / same covers - Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:

Not to start some gay argument but I do agree.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some covers are cool as Hell, like this one Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: