P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Aleister Crowley
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maranatha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not heard about that Way of Wyrd you mentioned but -yes- I am referring to the Tree of Wyrd which is not that metaphorical but a system of personal evolution when the person imbibes the kala of the planets(from the lower sphere of the Moon til the final dissolution of Saturn) in order to become one with Chaos. ONA is a satanic organisation whereas Crowley's based on Right Hand Path practices. In a way Crowley's work had Left Hand Path connections though, sexual tantra is certainly Vama Marg.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabbat's (UK) album, Dreamweaver was inspired by 'The Way of Wyrd', in case you're interested.

Also Crowley is an author I've been meaning to read for a while along with Austin Osman Spare and Kenneth Grant. Both the former have been featured in Fortean Times at least once. I know there was a Spare article online, but maybe either me or Andy (aka Caina) can scan them in if we can find them.
Caina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Sabbat's (UK) album, Dreamweaver was inspired by 'The Way of Wyrd', in case you're interested.

Also Crowley is an author I've been meaning to read for a while along with Austin Osman Spare and Kenneth Grant. Both the former have been featured in Fortean Times at least once. I know there was a Spare article online, but maybe either me or Andy (aka Caina) can scan them in if we can find them.

The Crowley FT articles aren't worth scanning, probably the worst issue of FT ever! I'll have to hunt around, I know they did a Spare article that was really good, and I definately have it - just no idea where!

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the infamous 'do what thou wilt....' stuff, I believe this does not mean to do whatever the hell you want to all the time, but to use your 'will' as a guiding variable in your strive towards a higher magickal potential individually (to be part of the new magickal aeon). Honestly though, I'm not extremly familiar with Crowley's work, and I could be wrong and if corrected it would be greatly appreciated.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: al Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
In regards to the infamous 'do what thou wilt....' stuff, I believe this does not mean to do whatever the hell you want to all the time, but to use your 'will' as a guiding variable in your strive towards a higher magickal potential individually (to be part of the new magickal aeon). Honestly though, I'm not extremly familiar with Crowley's work, and I could be wrong and if corrected it would be greatly appreciated.

You are correct. I made a post stating the opposite, but it is easy
to take that quote and make it seem a little ridiculous. I read his books for fun and take them for what they are worth. I'm not trying to obtain
mad magikal skillz, But some may look at the Buddhist phillosophy I try (but fail miserably) to follow and think of it as a joke. Many more would say the teachings of Buddha are those of an arrogant asshole. Check out Bill Maher's Religilous. Great film
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caina wrote:
Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:

The Crowley FT articles aren't worth scanning, probably the worst issue of FT ever! I'll have to hunt around, I know they did a Spare article that was really good, and I definately have it - just no idea where!

Well my brother has a load of copies, may be able to scan it in if I find it around Christmas.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a big ringbinder full of the ONA materiels somewhere.....I have a bit of a conflicted relationship with that stuff. On one hand its interesting (to me) as a study about what tips the balance as far as history goes Aeonics etc), then there is a lot of bullshit pseudo-quabalah elements, which are somewhat out of place for such an ostensibly anti-christian/Judaic organistaion.

Ultimately, who knows. I think there are only 100-200 people worldwide who have the bloody-mindedness to to the ONA initiation cycle. And even then I take anything said about that organisation with a grain of salt.

Anyway, on the subject of Occultism, anyone familiar with the strange story of JackParsons? Apparently there is a biography out through Feral House now, which I have yet to read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: