P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Return of Autopsy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Mine just arrived this morning! Absolutely killer tracks, not a dissapointment at all! They made me think of a cross between Severed Survival and Acts of the Unspeakable, and definetly the best production they have had! However, the packaging is totally dissapointing, crap artwork that looks like it was thrown together in 10 minutes on photoshop, and the thing that infuriated my the most... no protective sleeve! Peaceville certain didn't have these made with the intention of them lasting in mind, and for the price they were charging I would have expected a fucking gatefold with lyrics and stuff!

So to summerise:

Still a great band
Still a shit label

Aren't these new 7" tracks also going to appear on the upcoming re-release of Severed Survival? Maybe with this in mind Peaceville couldn't be arsed to make a nice 7" knowing people would buy it anyway.

I haven't ordered this, so when the re-issue of Severed Survival comes out I may just get that and get rid of the one I've already got.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware of that! It wouldn't suprise me since it IS Peaceville and their shady marketing tactics. NOTHING will go re-released 1000 times!
Wayne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my favourite music of all time has been released by Peaceville but they really know how to milk it don't they!?
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne wrote:
Some of my favourite music of all time has been released by Peaceville but they really know how to milk it don't they!?

Totally! Some of my favourites came from that label in the early days, Anathema, the EARLY MDB recordings, Autopsy etc, but I think "milking it" is an understatement when describing the bunch of money grabbing scumbags that run the label. I've heard stories of how they treat bands that aren't Darkthrone or My Dying Bride that you wouldn't believe.
BestialLust

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EP also arrived here this morning. Both tracks drip with morbidity that I wouldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams. 'Feast of the Graveworm' is a magnificent track.

EDIT: Yes, the presentation is very poor, but who cares when the tracks are this good?
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acid_orgy wrote:
Humus wrote:
Do they only accept credit card orders? Cause I haven't found any other option. Paypal, even cash in a letter, would do for me...

I think that I paid via PayPal.

It's not even listed on their site anymore, dammit. Anybody with a spare copy he would sell for a non-flipper price?
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:

It's not even listed on their site anymore, dammit. Anybody with a spare copy he would sell for a non-flipper price?

same here unfortunatly
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM uncolored. In the recent vinyl hunt thread, he has like 5 copies there. Maybe there are some left for trade/sale.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its gone already!? Fukk!!! Laughing
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BestialLust wrote:
The EP also arrived here this morning. Both tracks drip with morbidity that I wouldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams. 'Feast of the Graveworm' is a magnificent track.

EDIT: Yes, the presentation is very poor, but who cares when the tracks are this good?

I agree. I thought it wouldn't bear much difference to Abscess (absolutely killer band in its own right) but you can instantly tell it's AUTOPSY and no one else. The title track covers all that was good about Autopsy, and Feast of the Graveworm is just fucking DARK. Superb! I just want more... oh well, back to the old albums, eh?
dronevil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just wait for the Severed Survival reissue, I usually cant be bothered to spin my 7"s anyway...
samuxul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
BestialLust wrote:

I agree. I thought it wouldn't bear much difference to Abscess (absolutely killer band in its own right) but you can instantly tell it's AUTOPSY and no one else. The title track covers all that was good about Autopsy, and Feast of the Graveworm is just fucking DARK. Superb! I just want more... oh well, back to the old albums, eh?

Yes this is AUTOPSY. Definitely not Abscess under the name of Autopsy. The tracks are sick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: