P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Hark! New Ofermod interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about band's ideologies for the most part. Taking the lyrics too seriously in metal is a sure road to no longer liking or respecting metal at all. Many bands are just having a laugh with their "ideologies" anyway, and the ones that take it deadly serious generally come off like surly high school kids scrawling on notebooks. I'm in it for the music, not the lame-brained "what is the true meaning of Satan" arguments.

The question Ofermod really should have answered in this interview is "why is your new album so fucking boring?". Their old songs were all better and more energetic than this new stuff.
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just don't have the music to back up their talk with whatsoever. Their stance and talk is very heavy-handed, yet their music is the complete opposite and last time I checked they release albums and not books. It's the new mode of operation, bands try to talk themselves out of their music feeling empty and devoid of what they're trying to portray in interviews.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
The fact they have done more interviews than created music is a fair point, but I don't see anything wrong with Michayah's attitude.

Michayah is this Nefandus guy the Lords of Chaos authors wrote a few phrases about (and we shall not forget this book is rather dubious), right? Do you have any further information about how he thinks about that nowadays, or about the attack itself (yes, you all know I am interested in all this crime shit et cetera, as you have all noticed the other topics I started or contributed postings to)?
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering how the Nefandus demo is. I have the Secula Delenda pressing of the album, but I was wondering if it was worth it to buy the reissue for the demo as well.
nexxxion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Slightly off topic, but I was wondering how the Nefandus demo is. I have the Secula Delenda pressing of the album, but I was wondering if it was worth it to buy the reissue for the demo as well.

I'd say if you're into that album, you'll dig the demo too.
I have a few original covers (2nd version, the black one). €5 + postage if interested -> PM
nexxxion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:
They just don't have the music to back up their talk with whatsoever. Their stance and talk is very heavy-handed, yet their music is the complete opposite and last time I checked they release albums and not books. It's the new mode of operation, bands try to talk themselves out of their music feeling empty and devoid of what they're trying to portray in interviews.

So a band must come up with a recording that you like - just to back up their talk. No offense but that's just retarded.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nexxxion wrote:
Voodoo Idol wrote:

So a band must come up with a recording that you like - just to back up their talk. No offense but that's just retarded.

Isn't the whole point of forums to share our "stupid" opinions? Not everyone can be satisfied. To me though, I don't care... Let bands do what they want to do, they obviously don't care what others think heheh...
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nexxxion wrote:
Voodoo Idol wrote:

This is a fair point.

However I will also point out that if a band knows their stuff idealogically and can't back it up with quality music, that is something they should sort out.

It is also worth noting that many bands of this nature aren't interested in pleasing everyone and if you don't like it then tough titty. I have never really written or recorded music of any sort yet (I intend to sometime, I'm just mucking about alone on my guitar right now. Razz ) I would be far more concerned with am I satisfied with it at the end of the day. I am beyond any doubt that Ofermod are the same.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree buddy! I think more people need to be like this today, why should it matter if someone likes your music or not? If it really matters, than obviously you are not doing it for yourself.

I can care less if anyone likes my music or not, wants to release it or not. I am still writing and recording this shit because I have a passion for it. Definitely I am not worried about getting a 0% "Metal Archives" review! Laughing
Iscariah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do get annoyed, even though I should not care, by persons claiming to be into black metal only for the music alone and takes a stand against the "lame" ideology of it at the same time. Ofermod is a breath of fresh air in the otherwise "we hate religion because its the root of all evil and wars" attitude of the bigger Black Metal masses. Total support.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariah wrote:
I do get annoyed, even though I should not care, by persons claiming to be into black metal only for the music alone and takes a stand against the "lame" ideology of it at the same time. Ofermod is a breath of fresh air in the otherwise "we hate religion because its the root of all evil and wars" attitude of the bigger Black Metal masses. Total support.

I agree with this. For example, the reason I love Watain so much- they have a totality that incorporates music, lyrics (which actually have some thought behind them), and aesthetics- all of which combined make for something special.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distinguish to Kill wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
The fact they have done more interviews than created music is a fair point, but I don't see anything wrong with Michayah's attitude.

Michayah is this Nefandus guy the Lords of Chaos authors wrote a few phrases about (and we shall not forget this book is rather dubious), right? Do you have any further information about how he thinks about that nowadays, or about the attack itself (yes, you all know I am interested in all this crime shit et cetera, as you have all noticed the other topics I started or contributed postings to)?

I read Lord of Chaos 8 years ago and don't even remember mention of that.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Distinguish to Kill wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:

I read Lord of Chaos 8 years ago and don't even remember mention of that.

There is a chapter named “Lords of Chaos” in which the authors write about criminal Black Metallers outside Norway, including a so-called “niggerhunt“ (or something like that) with Belfagor participating, Linus Åkerlund’s attempt to stab an old man, Nödtveidt being involved in killing a man, some Death Metallers in America killing people, a group of Finnish Black Metallers torturing and killing one of their friends, and some other ones. Maybe it came with a later version of the book. And as many of those involved back in the old days have changed (I allow myself to refer to this hardline view), I asked for further information concerning his case.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be in the updated edition, the version I got (before the hype machine started) doesn't have that in.

Why don't you try talking to the bands yourself instead of making do with second-hand information, mostly from sources without a proper grasp of the English language?
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I am an interview/reading maniac (as you all have noticed) and always hope to get across some new interviews.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: