P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

WORSHIP (ger)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: WORSHIP (ger) Reply with quote

Just curious what other fans of this great band think of the newest release, Dooom. I have not yet been able to purchase this album, but I have high expectations even without Fucked Up Mad Max being a part of the band.

The Last Demo Before Doomsday is one of the greatest manifestations of nihilism I've ever heard in my miserable existence! Does the new album evoke the same atmosphere?
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing near it! It still has it's moments, and it's taken me ever since it came out until quite recently to make the judgement. It's not bad as such, but certainly can't be hailed as a classic of the genre like Last... is. It's certainly worth getting though!

Avoid at all costs their split with Persistance in Mourning though! That is a total piece of shit! Awful songs, badly recorded, worst pressed vinyl I've ever bought, shit artwork... the whole package!
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame. I had a feeling though. I'll still purchase it and see for myself, atleast it won't be a total waste.

What version of Last... do you have? I believe a CD version was recently reissued. I have the old CD version (Weird Truth Productions from Japan), would like to find 'The Last VINYL Before Doomsday' but it seems impossible to track down.
Chit019

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the actual last tape before doomsday from that mad max guy, It's a great demo for sure, Dooom on the other hand is just a lame attempt to copy the formula of Last... IMO
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the original version of last CD. Ended up paying quite a lot for it and then about six months later it got bloody reissued! Last Tape and Vinyl were on ebay recently, if memory serves me right the tape went for 100+ and the vinyl for 200+ - I wish I had that kind of money! I've got Dooom on vinyl though, as well as the split with Wither, and they've already started selling for silly prices!
Ykh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Worship song on the split 12" with Wither is killer, it's quite short but for some reason I just love it. Didn't pay much attention to the Wither part.

"Dooom" was very disappointing and boring imo, I have the DLP for trade in case anyone's interested...
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Wither track was killer, as was the Worship one! Shame about Wither's other releases!
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer "Dooom" to "Last Tape..", it has a 'bigger' production and a more dynamic atmosphere to my ears. Has some cool bell knells, dissonant choirs and a few more clean passages, as well as clean guitar over distorted guitar. If anything, "Last tape.." is the more boring of the two. The Solitude Aeternus cover was not so great though;(
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemy! Laughing

I think one of the big things that makes Last Format stand above Dooom is the vocals, I think although the addition of the clean vocals etc is cool, Daniel has a really boring growl! Whereas Max had a pretty special growl! Also, I think Max was a lot more genuine about it (obviously), Dooom seems to have a much more theatrical approach to it.
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One band with a big fuzz around them and I didnt came around to check them out yet. Are there any samples?
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dooom" is in fact a very good album, actually featuring FUMM on a couple of songs doing drums and vocals, so... Eventually it's not as utterly killer as the stuff prior to that, but eventually when it comes to that style, what is anyway? Didn't expcect a lot when "Dooom" came out, and was pleasantly surprised! One should also keep in mind, that the Doommonger nearly wrote all of WORSHIP's music in the first place, yet still I agree/think, that it was the chemistry of the both of them, that made it extra special, to put it like that. He should bury WORSHIP after "Dooom" for good now, though...
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
One band with a big fuzz around them and I didnt came around to check them out yet. Are there any samples?

I don't think there are. I could tape you the two albums if you want?
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
CR99 wrote:

I don't think there are. I could tape you the two albums if you want?

Oh yes that would be very kind
tom245

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
if memory serves me right the tape went for 100+ !

Don't suppose you have a link to this? I'm shocked it sold for anything like this. I bought my copy for 4.20 about 18 months ago. I know I got it cheap because the seller listed it as 'Worship - demo 99' (The original didn't say 'last tape...' anywhere except in small text in the notes) so not many people would have come across the auction.

Anyone want this tape, let me know. It's the origional Impaler of Trendies version. Got this from a member of Esoteric (Aesthetic Death - ebay) so can be sure it's genuine.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
if memory serves me right the tape went for 100+ !

Don't suppose you have a link to this? I'm shocked it sold for anything like this. I bought my copy for 4.20 about 18 months ago. I know I got it cheap because the seller listed it as 'Worship - demo 99' (The original didn't say 'last tape...' anywhere except in small text in the notes) so not many people would have come across the auction.

Anyone want this tape, let me know. It's the origional Impaler of Trendies version. Got this from a member of Esoteric (Aesthetic Death - ebay) so can be sure it's genuine.

I don't have it anymore I'm afraid! If I can find it, I'll post it up here!

I'd love to buy the tape off you, but at the moment my financial situation can be described as "shit" at best, so I wouldn't be able to make you a decent offer Sad

Stu isn't a member of Esoteric (not sure if he is the Stu who played for them in the early 90s though), he just runs the label that put out a lot of their earlier releases. He's a top bloke though, there's been a few times when I've bought stuff from him and he's sent me freebies too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: