P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

deserted buldings, factories, churches, places
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SixCurses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live about five minutes away from what used to be the Woodlands mental institution. It opened as the Provincial Asylum for the Insane in 1878 and operated until 1996. Over the past five years it's been systematically demolished and redeveloped into condominiums and apartments, but about three months ago the remaining buildings burnt to the ground in a suspicious fire.

Anyway, back when I was in secondary school my friends and I spent many a Friday and Saturday night exploring the grounds and buildings.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in Golden BC. There were a few cabins we stumbled upon waaaaaaaaay out in the woods, probably about a 5 hr hike into this canyon. Too far to be destroyed by weekend teen parties. Creepy place, literally close enough to being maintained that someone may actually still have been living there. Some old gold panning trays and shit were around. Maybe hunters used that place in the season. I was too young then to really look for sure-fire indicators that someone was recently there like a fire pit remains etc etc

Where I live now the woods are scattered with cabins, however they are trap line trappers cabins and are all in maintained conditions. They are also all accessable by quads here.

Golden also had this large concrete frame shell of what my grandfather said was a old saw mill down by the river, this was a teen party place judging by all the spray paint graffiti. It was about 20 minutes from the town. Cool place for kids to explore.
Törrmentor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:
In the town I grew up in they have an old mental hospital complex that many claim to be haunted. Sadly the town is now starting to tear down the buildings and make the place a park or something like that. I remember going into a few of the buildings and some of them were pretty creepy. They even had underground tunnels that connected the buildings which were really awesome. My friend took a ton of pictures of that place, I'll see if I can get some. I'm sure there's a few websites dedicated to it as well. I'll post some if I can find them.

http://www.dobi.nu/fairfield/interior/
Not my friend's pictures but some person he did go with to take pictures.

Ahh, reminds me of the movie Session 9.
Ichor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any links with haunted places etc?
Reed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure most of you Europeans already know about this place, but I don't. I've heard stories and seen photos of a church that entirely made of skulls/bones within the Czech Republic. Does anyone know the name/location?
SixCurses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed wrote:
I'm sure most of you Europeans already know about this place, but I don't. I've heard stories and seen photos of a church that entirely made of skulls/bones within the Czech Republic. Does anyone know the name/location?

That would be the Sedlic Ossuary in Kutna Hora. There was a discussion about it on here just yesterday, iirc.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SixCurses wrote:
Reed wrote:

That would be the Sedlic Ossuary in Kutna Hora. There was a discussion about it on here just yesterday, iirc.

Oh yes! That is one of the highest (if not the) priorities on my list of stuff to see before I die!
SixCurses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
SixCurses wrote:
Reed wrote:

Oh yes! That is one of the highest (if not the) priorities on my list of stuff to see before I die!

I was planning to go in summer '06, but I ended up only having three days in the Czech Republic and only made it as far Cesky Krumlov before I had to head back to Germany.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: deserted buldings, factories, places Reply with quote

This thread is fantastic. I bookmarked all of the sites mentiond.
There is a fantastic DVD of the Architect Antonio Gaudi. The film was produced and filmed by Hiroshi Teshigahari (woman in the dunes, pitfalll)
These places are not abandoned but the architecture is unreal.
The film has a psychedelic feel and a kick ass ambient score with little to no dialogue.
A lot of his structures remind me of Dan Seagrave's worlds.
His crowning achievment the Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona.
It is as metal as you can get. Go to the criterion website if you want the DVD or just google the guy to see some of his works. Amazing
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:
In the town I grew up in they have an old mental hospital complex that many claim to be haunted. Sadly the town is now starting to tear down the buildings and make the place a park or something like that. I remember going into a few of the buildings and some of them were pretty creepy. They even had underground tunnels that connected the buildings which were really awesome. My friend took a ton of pictures of that place, I'll see if I can get some. I'm sure there's a few websites dedicated to it as well. I'll post some if I can find them.

It reminds me a my trip to an deserted army hospital in Torun city. I visit a few basements and buldings of this fucking place and just few days later whole place was destroyed. Now ther's only rubbles. Where I have photos from this trip???

Devoured Death wrote:
SixCurses wrote:
Reed wrote:

If I good remeber thers also an ossuary in south Poland.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you want to explore for yourself

http://www.uer.ca/locations/newlist.asp?n=1&statfilter=160
darkthrash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to visit the abandoned hospitals in our area (seaview/farm colony).... supposedly, there was a tuburculosis raid in the 40's or 50's and the ghosts of all these people still hang around the buildings... if you walk around it, you'll still see remnants like nurses shoes and other creepy shit, but mostly its just graffiti from over the years, and paint-ball markings....

the architecture in these buildings is beautiful, one of a kind.. but some of the community is trying to tear them down as much as possible... a little league had 3 tore down without permit, and somehow got away with it .. so now kids can play baseball with all these spooky buildings in the backround haha

link - http://www.forgotten-ny.com/STREET%20SCENES/Seaview/seaview.html

almost forgot.. some scenes from 'jacobs ladder' was filmed there

Last edited by darkthrash on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkthrash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1349 wrote:
and if you want to explore for yourself

http://www.uer.ca/locations/newlist.asp?n=1&statfilter=160

great site!
kjs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:

http://www.dobi.nu/fairfield/interior/
Not my friend's pictures but some person he did go with to take pictures.

Very Happy
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a fairly deserted area, in the outskirts of town there is an old mental hospital that burned down and is supposedly a severely haunted area. This hospital had a history of the staff abusing and torturing patients. After the fire, the police found some human remains (NOT from the fire!), and even evidence/tools of human sacrifice. It sounds like some cliche horror film, but it's true.

My good friend who is a schizophrenic (and also the one who first introduced me to Bestial Warlust) got the idea to go to the site to see if it was just a myth and was chased off the property with a shotgun by a guy who lives in a trailer there guarding it. Maybe if this asshole dies someday we can get some photos Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: