P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Project Turntables
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bjorn



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 301
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
best designed Heavy Metal turntable e.v.e.r.



Haha wtf? Thats awesome!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Endless Morbidity



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 2108
Location: New York

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
peterott wrote:
best designed Heavy Metal turntable e.v.e.r.



Haha wtf? Thats awesome!


I would be concerned with the Wow and Flutter, adjustment of azimuth,
Vertical tracing angle, center of gravity, Effective tonearm mass and many other things. This is clearly dangerous and abusive to our vinyl collections. This person should be reported to authorities for LP abuse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monsterSquad



Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Posts: 704

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for years i listened to my dad's records on his belt drive turntable. i dislike belt. i'm all about direct drive right now. i got it really cheap when i worked at sam ash, It's a stanton and it works awesome, i just make sure i change the cartridge regularly and treat it good...and it treats me good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Too Dark Park



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Posts: 1023
Location: Uppa Slutt NZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project make a quality product I've had my one for approx. 8 years, I've moved countries and it has never let me down.
_________________
DOOMLORD wrote: ...22 min track and it just fucking crawls like a dying sloth through vomit = PURE EVIL !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Dark Park wrote:
Project make a quality product I've had my one for approx. 8 years, I've moved countries and it has never let me down.


The first thing I noticed when unpacking was how heavy the platter was.
The whole thing seems well made.
They are very simple in setup and use, and although they are completly
manual, that means less parts that break down.
I keep a few belts handy as well as an ortofon cartridge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:


That is classic and a nice one to boot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Endless Morbidity



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 2108
Location: New York

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of maintenance though. Maybe too much considering the fact my receiver isn't all that great. A turntable is only as good as what it's powered through, I think.

I've actually considered selling it off and getting something more modest. But I don't think know. One of those newer ones that you can rip vinyl with. Along with a new receiver and speakers. The receivers they made today are total and complete shit. Nothing like what they had in the 70's and 80's.

WORST thing I've ever done in my life is sell the McIntosh solid state pre-amps and power-amps I got from my grandfather. I got good cash for them, but I was a fool for doing that. Those were no fucking joke. Seriously, I've done some stupid shit in my life, but that ranks in at #1.

When I really realized what a mistake I made, I pretty much lost my passion for all things audiophile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Lot of maintenance though. Maybe too much considering the fact my receiver isn't all that great. A turntable is only as good as what it's powered through, I think.

I've actually considered selling it off and getting something more modest. But I don't think know. One of those newer ones that you can rip vinyl with. Along with a new receiver and speakers. The receivers they made today are total and complete shit. Nothing like what they had in the 70's and 80's.

WORST thing I've ever done in my life is sell the McIntosh solid state pre-amps and power-amps I got from my grandfather. I got good cash for them, but I was a fool for doing that. Those were no fucking joke. Seriously, I've done some stupid shit in my life, but that ranks in at #1.

When I really realized what a mistake I made, I pretty much lost my passion for all things audiophile.



I got a JVC px-318 reciever with built in phono preamp for about 300.00 new. I got it for the Project. I have no equalizer and just run everything into some mid-priced
acoustic research speakers. It sounds good to these ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 11
Location: AU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have a Project III -- fucking great turntables for the money. mine came with a Morboso slipmat:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group