P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lords of Chaos movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philemon Siclone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldburialsystem wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38 pages in, and I am still slowly trying to get over myself with the fact that this movie is an actual thing.

passetiermes wrote:
My advice is this: take a vacation from metal, there's more to life than that.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:
Nothing wrong with making a movie about that whole 90s drama but why even consider naming it after that book is a mystery. The book covers a ton of stuff outside of the Mayhem story...indeed the actual book title referes to some american jerks who commited crimes that had nothing to do with black metal...
Seems like they cut Feral House in for fuck all..... those donkeys are hopeless anyway... a movie is on its way and those dumb cunts have not updated that book in over 15 years....

Well, I can just imagine that some Hollywood studio (don't know who's behind this movie but someone can surely elaborate) bought the rights, for a movie based on the book, off Feral House / Michael Moynihan some years ago. That's also the main reason, I reckon, why this whole project moved on regardless of almost everyone, who's supposed to be in that movie, being opposed to it. It's not a (documentary) movie about the life of certain Norwegian individuals, it's a (fictional) movie based on a book. Or so is the reasoning behind it, I guess?
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Deathwish wrote:
Nothing wrong with making a movie about that whole 90s drama but why even consider naming it after that book is a mystery. The book covers a ton of stuff outside of the Mayhem story...indeed the actual book title referes to some american jerks who commited crimes that had nothing to do with black metal...
Seems like they cut Feral House in for fuck all..... those donkeys are hopeless anyway... a movie is on its way and those dumb cunts have not updated that book in over 15 years....

Well, I can just imagine that some Hollywood studio (don't know who's behind this movie but someone can surely elaborate) bought the rights, for a movie based on the book, off Feral House / Michael Moynihan some years ago. That's also the main reason, I reckon, why this whole project moved on regardless of almost everyone, who's supposed to be in that movie, being opposed to it. It's not a (documentary) movie about the life of certain Norwegian individuals, it's a (fictional) movie based on a book. Or so is the reasoning behind it, I guess?

From what I gathered, it indeed is. It's pretty much 1/4 of the book turned into an Hollywood drama / crime fiction. Nothing wrong with that from my side, even though I guess those who were involved in the scene back in those days might still have something to say in regard...
Hopefully, people won't see Black Metal as just that, a bunch of weirdos killing each other and burning down churches, but I'm sure some shitheels will eventually start the same "metal is satanist music" circle of spoken idiocies all over.

On the more legal side, I guess you've pretty mich said how it went on. It seems like all the people mentioned in that part of the book have no rights to oppose it at all, which is something I find quite common to happen in the US.
Deathwish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/truemayhemcollection/

Seems the movie was screened in Norway on Wednesday
As usual the comments are a total black metal happy bus sing-a-long.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/oboy-det-er-mange-som-kommer-til-a-mislike-lords-of-chaos/70259918 Review from Dagbladet
Warcrust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/truemayhemcollection/

Seems the movie was screened in Norway on Wednesday
As usual the comments are a total black metal happy bus sing-a-long.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/oboy-det-er-mange-som-kommer-til-a-mislike-lords-of-chaos/70259918 Review from Dagbladet

I would kill the guy who commented first under the post with the hammer of satan in 10000 different ways, look at his fucking irritating face and if that's not enough he is writing he hopes it gets a wide release, tragic fucker, 2018 black metal fan.

You don't have to dress like and act like Vikernes 1992 but seriously a Oxford medical student look alike shitface listens to black metal posting about black metal and hoping this black metal movie will be a (commercial) success is just beyond acceptable.
Deathwish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefere to mock the ones who scream.

THIS IS A SELL OUT AND I WILL HATE IT WHEN I WATCH IT!

This is not good for Euronymous family! Please stop this!

The guy who plays Dead is not as handsome as Pelle Crying or Very sad

Fenriz and Varg do not approve of this movie and so I am boycotting it!

Arrgghh! Im fuckin gonna kill that Akerlund for destroying my scene! Fuckin Pop bastard!Fuck off with Madonna Evil or Very Mad
Warcrust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:

Arrgghh! Im fuckin gonna kill that Akerlund for destroying my scene! Fuckin Pop bastard!Fuck off with Madonna Evil or Very Mad

True, same shit, but that guy who commented has one of the most irritating face I have ever seen plus he is jerking on this movie makes me super angry.
Deathwish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.instagram.com/jonasakerlund

some screening dates and other stuff on his instragrams.
joyless

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:

I would kill the guy who commented first under the post with the hammer of satan in 10000 different ways, look at his fucking irritating face and if that's not enough he is writing he hopes it gets a wide release, tragic fucker, 2018 black metal fan.

You don't have to dress like and act like Vikernes 1992 but seriously a Oxford medical student look alike shitface listens to black metal posting about black metal and hoping this black metal movie will be a (commercial) success is just beyond acceptable.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Captain Retard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson Gonzales Ochsenknecht as Snorre. Lol.
Philemon Siclone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:

I don't think many people hate this movie. I think, those few who take notice of it (because still in BM), mostly will find it ridiculous. Others will watch it and forget it while they're watching it watching their smartphones instead.

I mean, the world has changed. If all this norwegian stuff would occur today, nobody would care. Back then you could shock someone with burning a few churches and 2-3 murders. But that was a different world. If it had been made into a movie around 1997/98, when the book came out, it might have been something still. But not in today's world, where everyone can watch as much carnage, rape and bloodshed as he wants daily... It's just ridiculous.

Last edited by Philemon Siclone on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
deveneror

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:

The Deadsturbation needs to stop, really.

Nerdy things tend to get mocked and black metal is perfect to get nerdies on their nerves. I won't probably see the movie on cinema, but I'll get a nice download from torrent and have a laugh.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:

Allow me here to add a cat-yawn, my Brother - though mr. Ixtab might ban me out

Laughing
"What's with the girly screams? We are not The Beatles" - Black Winds / “The earth has a skin and that skin has diseases; one of its diseases is called man.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche. / STOP USING PVC PROTECTING SLEEVES ON YOUR VINYL ALBUMS
posthuman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seeing the movie next weekend (the only screening in the DMV area, as far as I know). No real expectations, just a fun night out without the wife and the kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: