P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Lords of Chaos movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Deathwish



Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 514

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
Deathwish wrote:

As for why Mayhem were so oppossed to it at the start...its a mixture of not being asked beforehand ...but mainly its to do with a certain company not getting a lions share of the music,image copyright...


It was about being a part of the film as producers/directors and getting cash. When they knew it wouldn't be that way, they opposed. The Darkthrone guys were approached too and they declined for a real lack of interest. Varg already addressed the issue in one of his videos.


Darkthrone? They are hardly mentioned at all...and why should they be? They dont even say a word in the original movie manuscript...
The movie is about the crimes...not who made the best demo tape.... Fenriz the big enemy of everthing comercial who at the same time has a longer IMDB page than the entire cast put together since he is never off norwegian Tv. Nocturno Culto jumps on stage with anyone to do Darkthrone songs....their entire mistique died well over 20 years ago.
Why would any director approach Varg for his side of the story when that fuckin clown has contradicted himself so much already with his multiple versions of what was going on andindeed what happened on the night of the murder.....This hippy cunt even tried to deny he lit the church fires on his website......And I expect there are a ton of folk who actualy beleive him......cos hes such a wonderful father and all........ fuck off!!,,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deveneror



Joined: 11 Jul 2018
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:
deveneror wrote:
Deathwish wrote:

As for why Mayhem were so oppossed to it at the start...its a mixture of not being asked beforehand ...but mainly its to do with a certain company not getting a lions share of the music,image copyright...


It was about being a part of the film as producers/directors and getting cash. When they knew it wouldn't be that way, they opposed. The Darkthrone guys were approached too and they declined for a real lack of interest. Varg already addressed the issue in one of his videos.


Darkthrone? They are hardly mentioned at all...and why should they be? They dont even say a word in the original movie manuscript...
The movie is about the crimes...not who made the best demo tape.... Fenriz the big enemy of everthing comercial who at the same time has a longer IMDB page than the entire cast put together since he is never off norwegian Tv. Nocturno Culto jumps on stage with anyone to do Darkthrone songs....their entire mistique died well over 20 years ago.
Why would any director approach Varg for his side of the story when that fuckin clown has contradicted himself so much already with his multiple versions of what was going on andindeed what happened on the night of the murder.....This hippy cunt even tried to deny he lit the church fires on his website......And I expect there are a ton of folk who actualy beleive him......cos hes such a wonderful father and all........ fuck off!!,,


They wanted to feature Norwegian bm music on the movie, relevant/related to the plot/scene, that's why they approached Darkthrone, who said hell no. Varg was approached for the same reason and he sent them to hell. Mayhem was the same, excepting that the guys wanted a bigger share of the cake and also have some hand on the script, which wasn't a part of the deal, so they also said they would even sue them if any Mayhem track was performed on it.

I don't know if they tried to get someone else, but at the end they got Sigur Ros imitating 90's Norwegian black metal, which was another laughable feature of the movie.

Darkthrone's mystique? they are about the less interested on such ridiculous things, as they never had that attitude of being kvlt. Fenriz' denial on playing live never had to do with kvltness or "mystique" at all. Nocturno doing 4 songs live in 2004 with Satyricon or doing some Celtic Frost songs live with Tom G Warrior doesn't change a bit what he accomplished and created with Fenriz back in the day. I guess they signing with Peaceville - of all labels that release extreme metal - was an anticommercial, trve kvlt move, right? haha.

All that kvltness crap some kids spit nowadays is just a glorified dick measure contest among metal nerds that have their asses just too much time glued to their comfy chairs on their bedrooms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mithrandir



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 2298

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:

I don't know if they tried to get someone else, but at the end they got Sigur Ros imitating 90's Norwegian black metal, which was another laughable feature of the movie.


this actually sounds awesome, I gotta hear it! Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5290
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
deveneror wrote:

I don't know if they tried to get someone else, but at the end they got Sigur Ros imitating 90's Norwegian black metal, which was another laughable feature of the movie.


this actually sounds awesome, I gotta hear it! Shocked

_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Psalmanazar



Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Posts: 534

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this shit out yet? i want youtube burzum music video of emory cohen guy stabbing home alone kid 23 times in the face
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihilist



Joined: 05 Aug 2009
Posts: 885
Location: In Limbo...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer I've seen online is for another film from Finland, it's a black metal comedy.
_________________
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
alex_korrozia1



Joined: 04 May 2014
Posts: 446

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:

On this forum....the sole reason people slate it is because one of the key figues in it is an active poster on here and has said he was miss-quoted etc etc. Why even bother to be interviewed in the first place if you are already assuming the authors to be morons and the finished product will be crap and full of miss-quotes?


Dude, Absurd is not a key figure in the book. The book heavily focuses on Varg and a few other key Norwegians - mainly because in 1998 it was embarrassing to admit that you are a fan of Absurd since their output to that date was THAT bad.
_________________
Beef tha remains!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathwish



Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 514

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some 30 pages on Absurd.Where else is there such a large peice on them?One that is as widely known? In the 90s there was the odd fanzine interview and thats all.
This book was the BEST promotion that band ever got....and it is the reason they are so well known today.

Or did they acheive such status on their musical output alone?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nolan_B



Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1034
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many things you can say about Absurd 1992-1999, but Facta Loquuntur is one of the few metal albums (especially black metal) where I can sing along to nearly the whole thing. The great songs outweigh the poor playing and production.
_________________
https://fervorblackmetal.bandcamp.com/album/fervor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6158
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:

On this forum....the sole reason people slate it is because one of the key figues in it is an active poster on here and has said he was miss-quoted etc etc. Why even bother to be interviewed in the first place if you are already assuming the authors to be morons and the finished product will be crap and full of miss-quotes?


No, I never said I was misquoted. I was not aware of the book being marketed as commercial "true crime"-bestseller and becoming the door-opener to Hollywood for Michael Moynihan, or else I'd reconsidered my contribution.
_________________
Horde Absurd: www.hordeabsurd.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-records.com (We accept credit cards! EUR/USD)
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Deathwish



Joined: 29 Dec 2016
Posts: 514

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But....the sole reason for giving ANY interview is promotion. If Varg is so BUMMED and PISSED about being miss-quoted by journalists why the hell did he give so many damn interviews over the years?
His first big front page interview by the way back in 92 was his own doing,he called the guy and basically told him "i know who did this and that...come to my place and I will tell you all about it"... This is one of the best comedy moments in all that circus... Confessing to crimes to get publicity... You could not make this shit up really!.....IT SO NEEDED A MOVIE

Cool

The bottom line is this.
Had it not been for the suicides,murders,fires etc...this whole scene would have gone nowhere. It would certainly not be being discussed daily by thousands some 25 years later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mutcernismrow



Joined: 18 Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Location: Castle Grayskull, Eternia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:
But....the sole reason for giving ANY interview is promotion. If Varg is so BUMMED and PISSED about being miss-quoted by journalists why the hell did he give so many damn interviews over the years?
His first big front page interview by the way back in 92 was his own doing,he called the guy and basically told him "i know who did this and that...come to my place and I will tell you all about it"... This is one of the best comedy moments in all that circus... Confessing to crimes to get publicity... You could not make this shit up really!.....IT SO NEEDED A MOVIE

Cool

The bottom line is this.
Had it not been for the suicides,murders,fires etc...this whole scene would have gone nowhere. It would certainly not be being discussed daily by thousands some 25 years later.


Hit the nail on the head Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Satanjugend



Joined: 26 Apr 2011
Posts: 493
Location: Norf Lahndahn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutcernismrow wrote:
Deathwish wrote:
But....the sole reason for giving ANY interview is promotion. If Varg is so BUMMED and PISSED about being miss-quoted by journalists why the hell did he give so many damn interviews over the years?
His first big front page interview by the way back in 92 was his own doing,he called the guy and basically told him "i know who did this and that...come to my place and I will tell you all about it"... This is one of the best comedy moments in all that circus... Confessing to crimes to get publicity... You could not make this shit up really!.....IT SO NEEDED A MOVIE

Cool

The bottom line is this.
Had it not been for the suicides,murders,fires etc...this whole scene would have gone nowhere. It would certainly not be being discussed daily by thousands some 25 years later.


Hit the nail on the head Smile


Death metal, goth rock and I don't know, New york hardcore for instance continue being discussed daily by thousands 25 years later without any non curricular boy scout activism...
_________________
A few records for sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60752
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deveneror



Joined: 11 Jul 2018
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:


Or did they acheive such status on their musical output alone?


Sometimes good songwriting is appreciated by the metal community, you know? Absurd 1995 onwards is at least, very well written material, reaching levels of excellence at times.

It's a similar case to Graveland. Performance and production of most of Darken's albums are deeply flawed, especially the 90's output which is considered the "classic" material of the band.

Regarding the impact of the Norwegian scene in black metal, I think it's not exactly as you say. It's true that the crimes and all that shit helped to make those bands better known, but the quality of the music made, especially the 1992-1997 period is unquestionable.

Now, black metal as a whole was developing before, at the same time and after the Norwegians in several other countries, but it's true that they brought some specific sounds and vibes that were heavily influential to the bands that came later.

Second wave black metal (fuck, I kinda hate this term, but I guess it applies here) was not created/developed solely by Norwegians or anything, but the reason they are still discussed is mostly the quality and number of great albums released in such a short period of time in a country that was never really known as a music export before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deveneror



Joined: 11 Jul 2018
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
Deathwish wrote:


Or did they acheive such status on their musical output alone?


Sometimes good songwriting is appreciated by the metal community, you know? Absurd 1995 onwards is at least, very well written material, reaching levels of excellence at times.

It's a similar case to Graveland. Performance and production of most of Darken's albums are deeply flawed, especially the 90's output which is considered the "classic" material of the band. To my knowledge, interviews had little to do with their appreciation and status, I believe.

Regarding the impact of the Norwegian scene in black metal, I think it's not exactly as you say. It's true that the crimes and all that shit helped to make those bands better known, but the quality of the music made, especially the 1992-1997 period is unquestionable.

Now, black metal as a whole was developing before, at the same time and after the Norwegians in several other countries, but it's true that they brought some specific sounds and vibes that were heavily influential to the bands that came later.

Second wave black metal (fuck, I kinda hate this term, but I guess it applies here) was not created/developed solely by Norwegians or anything, but the reason they are still discussed is mostly the quality and number of great albums released in such a short period of time in a country that was never really known as a music export before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 35 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group