P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

EARLY "slam" Death Metal: looking for recommendati
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necrodeceitdoctrinator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, personally I found very disappointing the return of Vomit Remnants. The hype was high, considering their 90's and early 2000's top class stuff. Too much groovy tempos and riffs in a way useful only on Dying Fetus works, imho. The Afterbirth track is ok but already inside the homonym ep from two years ago (garbage in my opinion).
pooptastik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MezzoForte wrote:
I actually found a copy of the new Vomit Remnants at my local Rasputin recently and picked it up. I was also unsure of what to expect, and after initially being off put by the slick drum sound, I have to say I do enjoy the album a lot overall.

dude, it's vomit remnants. Keisuke doesn't credit himself as "drums" but TRIGGERS.

but that new VR is weak though, a total weaker Dying Fetus sounding release. The vocals def ruin it.
danofort

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pooptastik wrote:
MezzoForte wrote:
I actually found a copy of the new Vomit Remnants at my local Rasputin recently and picked it up. I was also unsure of what to expect, and after initially being off put by the slick drum sound, I have to say I do enjoy the album a lot overall.

dude, it's vomit remnants. Keisuke doesn't credit himself as "drums" but TRIGGERS.

but that new VR is weak though, a total weaker Dying Fetus sounding release. The vocals def ruin it.

Well put, but they still drop ridiculous mosh parts, or as I call them "parts where I can't stand people".

I won't break the balls of Dying Fetus, but I haven't cared since "Killing on Adrenaline".
MezzoForte

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's just the way they sound to me this time around. The other VR albums' drums were triggered as well, but they still had the charm of someone actually playing them whereas as the new one basically is like a MIDI track. The new album is definitely attempting Dying Fetus without the balance of more consistent technicality and wider range in tempos, but hey, I still enjoy it. I have to agree about the vocals though, wannabe Gallagher and it takes the album down a notch.
Ough

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOKED!

http://nghtrhthms.com
MezzoForte

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please come through the bay.
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, since the last 5 pages are polluted by new school crap, I would like to mention that this year the 2nd unreleased Malamor album will be released! They were formed in 1993 and their "Dead to the world" is killer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-Vx9bdi1c
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
the last 5 pages are polluted by new school crap

Yeah I opened the thread but lost interest in it since a while Sad
Roc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
So, since the last 5 pages are polluted by new school crap, I would like to mention that this year the 2nd unreleased Malamor album will be released! They were formed in 1993 and their "Dead to the world" is killer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-Vx9bdi1c

I enjoyed Malamor's Condemn the Rising tape a lot when it came out. They were always cool to write to and would always send lots of flyers with their letters. Took forever for the first album to finally be released and I wanted to like it so bad but it didn't do much for me. This new sample doesn't either. However I'll still check it out once it's released. Maybe it will be decent.
MezzoForte

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple more tracks have been released for the new Afterbirth. I'm getting really fucking hype for this. Friday!

https://uniqueleaderrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-time-travelers-dilemma
danofort

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unique Leader is re-releasing "Butcher the Weak" and "Unleash the Carnivore" by Devourment on vinyl. Someone really needs to put "1.3.8" already.
pooptastik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutal DM doesn't really do well in other formats besides CDs - since most of the market is in Indonesia and Russia. That's really oversimplifying it but it never really caught on.

There are still many unsold Devourment / Malignancy / Caligorge LPs in from their respective labels who released it.
danofort

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pooptastik wrote:
Brutal DM doesn't really do well in other formats besides CDs - since most of the market is in Indonesia and Russia. That's really oversimplifying it but it never really caught on.

There are still many unsold Devourment / Malignancy / Caligorge LPs in from their respective labels who released it.

Ja, you're right. I just mentioned it because one or two people in the thread had mentioned wanting slam albums on vinyl.

While I agree with you, I do like having slam on LP. I don't headbang or mosh to a good slam album, I've always found that they help me to focus. Maybe it's the blunt hammering, the repetition, I dunno... Whatever works, I reckon.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be not the typical brutal death format, but I'd like A LOT to get some old classic albums on vinyl. That Devourment "1.3.8" vinyl, limited to 500 copies, goes for insane prices, so there's definitely demand for it. If there are labels with many unsold copies of certain albums, maybe they pressed too many copies of not so mandatory stuff.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new Fetal Disgorge is some of the most violent grooves I've ever heard, only a 2-piece, no bass, brutal af!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: