P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metal where you least expect it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joyless

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix`s very good show DARK and a guy with Morbid shirt.
Jorm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyless wrote:
Netflix`s very good show DARK and a guy with Morbid shirt.

LuiSlayer wrote:
Jorm wrote:
AncientSlumber wrote:
A kid is blasting Kreator's Pleasure to Kill and wearing a Morbid shirt in that new Netflix show Dark.
Not totally unexpected, but pretty cool.

Yes, although it might be a bit anachronic.

Part of the story takes place on November 1986. The Kreator LP is fine, but the Morbid t-shirt looks far-fetched...
Still, the show is fantastic, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy who was sitting in front of me in church had a Ride the Lightning iPhone wallpaper, and tonight's sermon was about how present-day christian youth needs to get rid of things in life that does not pleases God.

Definitely a place where I least expect it, but it is an Evangelical church after all, so it is not a massive surprise, no wonder why many young people leave Evangelicalism early in life.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pastor behaves like an imam, which isn't a surprise since evangelical christianity is as poisounous as islam to our societies.

Finding people into extreme Metal following a sermon in such a church fits the topic though.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this church thing reminded me, in my late teens I was once at a funeral wearing a Dark Funeral shirt. I was wearing something more formal as well, so that the funeral wouldn't be too dark. I used to wear stuff like that whenever visiting some of our christian as heck relatives.
Snih

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3XdA7EGZ5Y

Presenter in a Mayhem t-shirt. Interesting subjest as well.
Hidden38

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention metalhead in photos, may want to cut your hair, change your image. Police are onto you bro!

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/photos-person-of-interest-in-attacks-on-north-austin-mosque/1457556563
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A skater front and center on the cover of a Kamloops tourist brochure wearing a Begrime Exemious shirt.
Blasphemetic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few minutes before halftime of the Jets v. Browns game I see a guy with a Malignancy shirt. Not unexpected but easy to spot in a sea of black and vomit-orange.
lifeless

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden38 wrote:
Attention metalhead in photos, may want to cut your hair, change your image. Police are onto you bro!

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/photos-person-of-interest-in-attacks-on-north-austin-mosque/1457556563

"Syed also says he recognizes the man in the photos APD released. He believes the man was in the store a few days prior to the attack and cut open a bag of rice."

black metal berserker for sure
Humus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was visiting my aunt and uncle last afternoon. They're elderly people (70 years old) and they listen to the "family radio station" which is the most listened to in Belgium. They play whatever is popular, and a lot of Dutch sung music. So in between songs like Eminem and Ed Sheeran I suddenly recognize something. Turns out they were playing the latest Ghost single.
After the song even the radio host said that 'normally Ghost plays heavy metal. But this song has very little to do with heavy metal'. It's some kind of crappy hair metal as far as I'm concerned, but it must be the first time that a band that released something on Iron pegasus gets airtime on the national radio station that is being played in almost every retirement home around the country...
Usurperofthetyrants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
I was visiting my aunt and uncle last afternoon. They're elderly people (70 years old) and they listen to the "family radio station" which is the most listened to in Belgium. They play whatever is popular, and a lot of Dutch sung music. So in between songs like Eminem and Ed Sheeran I suddenly recognize something. Turns out they were playing the latest Ghost single.
After the song even the radio host said that 'normally Ghost plays heavy metal. But this song has very little to do with heavy metal'. It's some kind of crappy hair metal as far as I'm concerned, but it must be the first time that a band that released something on Iron pegasus gets airtime on the national radio station that is being played in almost every retirement home around the country...

Haha, this is gold.
quillotine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:

Laughing

The radio we listened to at my job played this song too the other day. It didn't sound so bad between all those usual dull songs.
Never knew Ghost was that popular (at least in Belgium)!.... I wonder what Costa feels about this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:

I always wonder what most underground metal musicians are going to listen to at a retirement home when they become old.
candlesmoke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the Finnish metal film Hevi reissu (Heavy Trip) a few months back during an outdoor film cinema, with several thousand people attending. Metal blasting around midnight in the centre of the town, literally at the town square. Quite funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 51 of 58

Jump to: