P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Book collections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
Emile Cioran-> The one from the iron Guard?

Im not sure was he in Iron Guard...
But I think we think on same one,great Cioran,romanian philosopher.
- LEGION -

Location: - Somewhere Within The Fuckin Space / Time Continuum -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
I think you have the Bad Luck thats quiet much more than
only 60 Dollars Wink

Last time i see this for over 250 gone

- fuck... that shits crazy -

Mz412 wrote:
i will make some pictures from the Book next time. It has 313
Pages and is in a Slipcase

- ahh, its cool. obviously i dont need all 313 pages. just the lyrics would be cool... if you dont mind of course / hahaha -

Mz412 wrote:
http://www.fluxeuropa.com/mn0006-tmlhbac.htm

here is a review about it Very Happy

- thanks for the link -

- [ BLASPHEMY / http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/ ] -

- [ UNHOLY ARCHANGEL / http://unholyarchangelworship.webs.com/ ] -
mindlock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
I couldnt read Zarathustra through. It's bullshit from a fucked up syphillis brain

nietzsche didn't start exhibiting any symptoms of mental deterioration until 4 years after that book was written....
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
Mz412 wrote:
Emile Cioran-> The one from the iron Guard?

Im not sure was he in Iron Guard...
But I think we think on same one,great Cioran,romanian philosopher.

Only read 'On the Heights of Despair' but it has some really interesting thoughts in.

I read plenty, but what I really enjoy is Schopenhauer, Bukowski, Kundera, Sartre, etc.
Iscariah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy to read over watching TV for example. I would say I watch TV about 30 mins a week, which includes weather forecast and main news.
Lately I have been reading the books of DuQuette. I like the way he visualises his point of Quabalistic teachings in writing.
Also, I bought some 2£ books in Virgin while in England on evil dictators in history which was a great entertaining read Smile
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a lot of history books, and a lot on old English customs and traditions.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindlock wrote:
CR99 wrote:
I couldnt read Zarathustra through. It's bullshit from a fucked up syphillis brain

nietzsche didn't start exhibiting any symptoms of mental deterioration until 4 years after that book was written....

VERY true!!!!!! the work of nietzsche is by far among the most inspiring and important treasures in modern thinking & philosophy

Modern and political history (WWII specificaly) is what I read as well as a few greek writers
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every day without reading some lines from a book is a wasted one. I wish I would be able to read and study
on such every day. It is not all about to just read a book, but also to get into it, consume it, UNDERSTAND it
and afterwards to love or hate it (well not all books of course, the simple effect of entertaining shouldn't be missed, too).
Unfortunately time is getting fewer from day to day to read/study books, but thanks to the thread I will try to read more as of now Wink
I do not have a specific genre that I like more than others. Everything that is of my interested will get my attention.
I love to scroll inside illustrated books about horror movies, especially inside encyclopaedias like these ones:

I already bought these books when they came out in 1988/1989 for its original price like 19.90/29.90 DM
(better said my parents paid for these). During these years they got lost, damaged or I cut the pictures out of these.
Few years ago I was fortunate to buy these for something like 2.00/4.00 Euro again. And I am still amazed
of these featured pictures inside. All these A4 pictures from old Horror Movies from the 20ies, 30ies and such. GREAT!!

Of course, I am heavily into Nietzsche (he is indeed not a philosopher in the right sense of understanding, more a poet, still I consider him a great pilosopher).
Nevermind, I love to read his ressentiments, aphorisms and polemics against everything and all. Still, no one
should dare to touch his books without enough background information (you need to read a lot of other books first to get
a clue what is going on at all - very helpful are some biographies - my fave still to date is the one of Walter Kaufmann). Still no one should say that he did understand that crazy guy at all, if so I would conisder him a liar.

I also had good luck in the past to get for just 1 Euro in a second hand book shop a biography that included some
newspaper cuts from the original owner, and they are really great. One is from 1980 and the other one from 1950 (!!)...

Other books which I like and appreciate are these (but I still have to tell that I didn't understand anything at all
from Blavatsky's "Secret Doctrines" so far - I think YOU HAVE to read a lot of different books before to understand
it for 100%. Too many unknown names, rites, cults of older civilisations and such. Until now I didn't manage to go
through the whole book as it is nothing but annoying if you have no clue about the stuff she is telling (de facto I love/prefer
to read more about her than her book(s) itself, hehe. The same with "Mallevs Maleficarvm" - which has a
complicated writing style and the often use of latin doensn't make the things easier - but still both will be a task for future...

The book of Philipp Mainländer is my most preferred one in recent years. His book "Philosophy of Redemption" really is
a magnum opus - even if I do not have the original one (1200 pages) but a cut one (300 pages).

As I have told, there are simply so many books outthere which I want to read, but it happens that I only read books in the meantime
whilst driving to rehearsals - but I have to stop that soon. At least 30 minutes each day to read in a book is a must!
I also downloaded about 200-300 e-books and I still have them all on my laptop - but this is simply too much and also annoying to read...

Preferred writers are also Gustav Meyrink (the best writing style possible), Thomas Bernhard (very, very inspiring and great and unbeatable character-
THANKS, without him (and also Piotr Sargnagel from this board here) our album "IN HORA MORTIS" wouldn't be the same as it is now Rolling Eyes
Historical romans are also a fave of mine (like "Las bas"/"Down There" - which is pretty great to read)

At the end I am really happy to be a german and to be able to read (and speak) that language. Writings of some books are so beautiful (sounding) and if you compare it to other languages (like english i.e.) I am even more glad...

Edit: did some edits, I am too tired...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

Last edited by masters_throne on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Iscariah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I must add that I do indeed have a total love for 1920-30s art deco. Any pictures of how they pictured it to be and any vision of alien destruction of this planet in example the classic War of the Worlds.
I have loads of books on this which I have had awesome nights with my daughter flicking through...cant beat the magic! Smile

Last edited by Iscariah on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Albin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emil Cioran , Albert caraco and Georges bataille rules .
rolland villeneuve too .
s.charlach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Every day without reading some lines from a book is a wasted one.

Exactly, to a T.

Might be a good opportunity to ask you for help. I'm desperately searching for this book

The Living Dead: Inside the Palermo Crypt
Lanza/Facchi
Westzone Publishing Ltd
Oct. 2000

Tried it in second hand bookshops, to get it back-ordered from big stores like Hugendubel and lately with ads on notice boards at online book seller pools like ZVAB, but no fucking way. Well, I got offers to buy it for about 250 to 300 Euro, but there has to be a reasonably priced copy somewhere.

So if anyone wants to part with his copy or just came back from a raid through local book stores seeing that book, please drop me a line.

THANK YOU!
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't not know that book at all - but immediately caught my attention. Anja and I are still planning to visit these catacombs until Spring 2009. Actually I still have that idea in mind to use one of these pictures for our upcoming 7" single, but the layout still is not done (you maybe know the picture from my OMC gallery)...

A book which I really would like to own is "Atlas der gerichtlichen Medizin" by Otto Prokop. I have seen it a a friends home (the guy is working in a sanatorium and therfore has access to that book). It's a super huge illistrated book. The amazing thing is that not only hundrets of pictures are to be found (some of these got used in the debut of INFAUST (GER)), but also stories to all cases and all the fascinating ways to end ones life (suicides, lustmord, murder, heart-diseases, normal death). It's an very old book from GDR times and Homosexuality got also a chapter back then, because it was stated not only as abnormal, but as illness)
There are so unbelivable great b/w pictures besides the usual gore-like ones. Last time that book was bought at ebay for about 300 Euro, one guy at Amazon is selling it for 350 Euro. This book will be a must to have for me sooner but probable later.

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Germans, there you can already see the fascinating content of that book:

http://www.sudmed.ru/index.php?showtopic=7704

There are so many great pictures inside which you will not forget. Like a son hanged by his father in his wifes closet (a revenge for breaking the relationship). Or a women that suddenly died, was falling ahread but stopped still standing with the head at the closet and such. Fascinating pictures and they are especially great because they all are b/w...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a really great book called 'Bonfire Of The Brands'. It's about a person who decides to rid themselves of anything branded. Philosophical, yes, and quite a poignant insight into contemporary consumerism etc. Really powerful stuff, but not heavy at all.

Now that I am almost finished Uni for the year, I'm gonna start reading Mein Kampf. Been waiting to do this for ages... since March in fact. It's just text books for me most of the time now ha ha.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:

Of course, I am heavily into Nietzsche (he is indeed not a philosopher in the right sense of understanding, more a poet, still I consider him a great pilosopher).
Nevermind, I love to read his ressentiments, aphorisms and polemics against everything and all. Still, no one
should dare to touch his books without enough background information (you need to read a lot of other books first to get
a clue what is going on at all - very helpful are some biographies - my fave still to date is the one of Walter Kaufmann). Still no one should say that he did understand that crazy guy at all, if so I would conisder him a liar.

I also had good luck in the past to get for just 1 Euro in a second hand book shop a biography that included some
newspaper cuts from the original owner, and they are really great. One is from 1980 and the other one from 1950 (!!)...

Nietczsche was great!Philospophy in the verses!One of biggest German philosophers(We should never forget the importance oh Kant or Heidegger,if I write the names correctly)..
Its nice collection of his works masters_throne!Ill post mine one later,but mine one is in Serbian translation.I suppose original writtings in German are better.
Btw can you scan that newspaper cuts?I need that shit as hell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: