P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Barathrum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dies Irae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Barathrum Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
2. Has there ever been any rumor of Barbarian Wrath or anyone else reissuing their first three albums officially? I know Spinefarm did that 2CD version but I also know the band considers it a bootleg.

It's Barbarian Wrath who considers that Spinefarm 2CD-version is a bootleg, not the band/Sova. Anyway, Spinefarm version is 100% offical version, says BW whatever he wants.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
First 3 are the best, Legions.. is OK and afterwards it's getting shittier and more clean and melodic each album..
Indeed, it's a shame the biggest crap get's released on vinyl and stuff like Countess and Barathrum have NOTHING on vinyl. Anyway, also the old labelboss is to blame for that!

We are in the middle of working out some new killer plans for COUNTESS on vinyl. I am pretty sure it will happen sooner or later Cool

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Barathrum Reply with quote

Dies Irae wrote:

It's Barbarian Wrath who considers that Spinefarm 2CD-version is a bootleg, not the band/Sova. Anyway, Spinefarm version is 100% offical version, says BW whatever he wants.

Ah, didn't realize that.
vorfeed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Barathrum Reply with quote

Dies Irae wrote:

There is quite obviously more to "is it a bootleg" than "did the band give permission", particularly if the band signed a contract with another label. I don't know the whole story, here, but just because the band says this release is in the clear doesn't necessarily make it so, depending on what they did/didn't agree to when the original label released it.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what was said on the Barathrum forum (by the Barbarian Wrath guy):

"The Spinefarm things are bootlegs. They were never authorized by me. That piece of shit in England who was my distributor (and ripped me off for 12000 EUR in the process) passed himself off as the owner of NEP and sold them rights he never had."

If that's to be believed, it sounds like Spinefarm thought they were doing a legitimate reissue, but they weren't talking to the right person. Wouldn't be the first time this happened.
Cross of Donar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I don't know the full stories, but this must have been 4th, 5th time the BW guy is accusing people who re-released his releases, of being rippoff? While I think he himself should run his label more active and more logical. If there's demand for such re-releases, why doesn't he do it himself, instead of pointing the finger, accusing and complaing AFTERWARDS? Ok I understand his anti-internet attitude, I have the same, but I don't receive his newsletter by snail mail either, it seems he's just not actively running his label. But again I don't know the full stories, it could be a clear choice he made for himself to do it this way...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude from NEP/Barbarian Wrath is an honest dude. I think his focus is on releasing new material by newer bands.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

passetiermes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already mentioned somewhere else on this forum, but I asked from Sova sometime ago about releasing the demos on vinyl. He replied that if some label would be interested, why not.
Also mentioned before, but Infernal should be reissued. The best Barathrum material for sure.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really would release them on vinyl immediately, but this would be a fist in the face of our club...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard the demos before... I'd be really curious to hear them, as I am fucking crazy about their early stuff!
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the demos more than the full lengths

Unfortunately I only own a strange version of Sanctus Satanas
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to hear them, personally... can somebody upload them, or better - release them on vinyl? Hehe

Also - does somebody here have pictures of BARATHRUM on their '97 tour?
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
I'd love to hear them, personally... can somebody upload them, or better - release them on vinyl? Hehe

Also - does somebody here have pictures of BARATHRUM on their '97 tour?

I have a few pictures in some zines, but it would take hours to search them.

I also have a video tape of the whole Barathrum/Countess Gig (+ third band which I cannot remember right now)...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, is the quality of this tape good? I would actually kill to see a video of COUNTESS live... I have a cool old BARATHRUM tape too - but it's of shitty quality... do you think you could copy me the tape? I could send you some money + a super cool photocopy of an old Danish BLACKTHORN mag or some hard to find gig DVD-R's?
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
Wow, is the quality of this tape good? I would actually kill to see a video of COUNTESS live... I have a cool old BARATHRUM tape too - but it's of shitty quality... do you think you could copy me the tape? I could send you some money + a super cool photocopy of an old Danish BLACKTHORN mag or some hard to find gig DVD-R's?

There is a live DVDr from '95 in Stetten, from their tour with Mortuary Drape/Mayhemic Truth/Drowned if you are interested. Sound and film-quality are pretty decent. It is still available from Bloody Necromancer Records/Germany. Price is 8 Euros if I am not mistaken. I am somewhere in the first row by the way. "Fuck Rock Hard", legendary sentence during this concert, after that mag gave a very negative review to Countess a month prior to the concert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: