P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Franang zine on line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franang

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Franang zine on line Reply with quote

Franang zine is on line with interviews and reviews at :

http://franang.sts.free.fr/

franang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interview with Swedish Gehennah on line
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a starting page, or is everything to be sought in the sub-directoires-browser-style ? The upper link only leads me to a directory, but no index.html-like file Sad

EDIT: link works now somehow, but still nothing visible
Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the English version of the interview I did with Ronnie Ripper in my Hebrew fanzine, which is also an appetizer for the next issue, which I'm planning to release in January, this time IN ENGLISH! It's gonna feature this one and the other 2 (Golgolot and Apokalyptic Raids) translated as well!

Enjoy...

"Hi Ronnie! How are you there? What are you doing lately?
Hey man! Well, I'm just chilling out and record some new stuff for Private War at the moment since I lost my job by New Years Eve, nothing much really.

You've been involved in many varied bands over the years, please describe the readers a bit about each. How were they formed? What were the inspirations? Which one is your favorite?
This might be the hardest question you can get after all these years, he he. I first started out in Vomitory back in October 1989 and for starters I handled bass and vocals but since I was piss poor at both I had to decide what to focus on, that's why I ended up just a vocalist in that band. The main object in forming Vomitory was that no one around here was playing the music we listened to and we knew that it was needed here to put some quality in our lives, nothing more, nothing less. I left the band in January 1997 due to personal differences, we had simply grown apart I guess. Due to the fact that I had put the bassguitar on the shelf I had to find another way to fulfill my needs and after a few lousy attempts Gehennah found the right lineup in December 1991 (first rehearsal actually took place in February 1992 so we count the days from that year though) and started our rocky way to the Hall of shame, ha ha! This story is still to be finished so the band is still around but not active, time shall tell what happens from here on. Since Gehennah sort of faded out somewhere along the way after we were stranded without a record deal back in 1998 and nothing much happened in any way I had to form a new project and during a really fucked up drunken binge Turbocharged was formed in March 2000. This is what I have put mostly all my efforts in the last 8 years and after some lineup changes and a shitload of recording sessions we unluckily lost our guitarist just before X-mas last year and since then things have moved really slow, this also due to the fact that we all have families by now and really struggle with having a schedule for the band that suits us all. The low season in Turbocharged again made me come up with another way to burn my bridges and one day I just sat down and recorded the first tracks with "Ronnie Ripper's Private War" – a bit cheesy putting your name in the bandname like that but at least I'm alone with a band called that, right? Wink I could probably go on forever with more details and such stuff but this is the story of my life if you cut some corners. I have no favourite among these bands, the only thing that makes any project closer to my heart is RRPW and that's simply because I can do whatever I want with it and I don't need to compromise in any way – but on the other hand: you can't go down to the rehearsal place and crank up the decibels and just blow out your thoughts with a solo project. All of the above has their own place in my golden book.

Are you married? Didn't know that... Do you have any kids? Are they already into Metal? Smile

Ha ha, me, married? That'll be the day! No, I'm not married but I do have a son who just turned 9. Unfortunately he's not into any kind of music yet, guess my burning interest has scared him off for now but of course I hope he'll pick up the flag one day.

Do you play all the instruments yourself in RRPW or do you have any guest musicians that take part in the recordings?
I play everything in the fashion that I do so until I have something in mind that I can't handle, like guitarsolos – there I have had help so far from Old Nick from Turbocharged but I slowly get there myself, some half assed solos has been recorded by yours truly and I hope they will do even the day when the final mix is set. And, I hate to admit this, the drums, piano, horns, etc, are computer based since I don't have the knowledge or the urge to learn how to play every instrument I decide to add on a recording. I can only handle vocals and guitar or bass guitar live so if I need to add those instruments on stage one day I'll just have to look up the right people to play it, right? Wink Since today's technology allows you to get the really dirty sound even with midi, why not use it as long as it sounds cool? Ha ha, I find myself defending my own stuff now but that's simply because I have always really hated fakes like drum machines and such crap – which I now have to admit comes in handy every now and then.

Well, I'm far from being an expert in sound, but the drums in RRPW sound way better than in many other bands that used drum machines and I wouldn't say that they sound FAKE! It's better in my opinion to have well done drums, rather than calling your one-man project BURZUM and playing stuff that really sucks monkey balls, even if it's all done with real instruments Smile
Well, that's true - but I have one foot in both camps when it comes to this question... I happen to like the first Burzum album and in musical terms it's no master piece but the album is good much because of the raw and unpolished aura around it... If I had pulled it off i that extent I would have gone for playing real drums myself but I never learned to play ANY drums what so ever so it's quickly out of the question. I know EXACTLY how it should sound and how I want the drums but I couldn't perform it even if my life depended on it..

Why didn't Osmose want to have another contract with Gehennah? And how come that you weren't able to find another label (like Necropolis for example) that would agree to release Gehennah's stuff? Is there any new stuff written by Gehennah, or does this band only play live from time to time lately?
The reason they gave us was that we didn't generate enough money for them to put any more time or cash in the band, just simply a matter of finance I guess. Why we didn't look for another label is a damn good question, I'm not sure if the reason was that we had a bad reputation and we knew it all too well and gave up or if we just were to lazy to get anything done… I don't have a proper answer for that, I only know that I really tried to get the band together for rehearsals for a few years but gave up when nothing happened…

Why did Gehennah change its name from Gehenna to GehennaH back in..... 1994?

We came across a copyright issue and rather than risking a court battle or changing our name totally we decided to spell it wrong instead - the fun part is that nowadays I see our mis-spelling everywhere so it seems that a lot of people out there think it's the right one, ha ha! We have made the scene just a little bit more ignorant Wink

Nocturnal Breed seems for to be just the perfect Norwegian parallel band to Gehennah, though their stuff started to be released around 1997, when you already had 2 albums and some demos and EP's. There were many good new Scandinavian bands that played great Oldschool Thrash those days, like Aura Noir, Infernö, Audiopain, Nifelheim, Bewitched, Guillotine etc... But fuck - even their original NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER... album cover art seems to be inspired by your song "Bombraid Over Paradise"!
What do you think about these similarities? Have you ever been in contact with the guys from NB by the way?

Hmm, could be influenced by us, sure, but it could also be a product of similar thinking and that we got our influences and ideas from the same bands you know. Sodom sure made the theme of war a part of the scene and posing like that with sunglasses and denim vests full of patches are a common thing though... I can see what you mean but I have no good answer, Nocturnal Breed released their stuff in the end of our official album career so they could easily have copied some details but I never speculate like that, you should ask them about it, he he... The only band we've been in touch with a lot is Nifelheim, they showed up on every gig for a while and we ended up on the floor together every now and then. Then we had some contact with Bewitched but that's another hostile episode and nothing good ever came out of it, just a minor detail in the old battle between bands trashing eachother - but they got off easy cause our drummer would have taken them apart if he got his hands on them back then, ha ha! We also had some contact with Infernö but I personally never had any real contact with them. Looking back at it I can't understand why there was never any tour/gigs played with our bands all together, Gehennah never fitted into any festival or gig (too much punk for metal gigs and too much metal for punk gigs) and putting the bands you mentioned together for a tour would have been really cool...

When did you start listening to Metal?

Hmm, hard to say really… I have older brothers who listened to Alice Cooper, Kiss and Black Sabbath when they released their first albums as well everything after that up until about 1983 when they lost their interest for music I guess, they "grew up" you know. I guess I first was on my own in metal around 1981 (8 years old) and kept it going for a few years until I lost the perspective and didn't listen to any music at all for a while, I watched old war movies instead. Then I guess it was around 1987 that I really found my place and I have listened ever since. It took me about a year before I played any instrument though.

War movies only, or are you also deeply into westerns? I'm asking it because of the song "Mr. Callahan told me", which's based on this cult movie, that features maybe the most cult Westerns' actor Clint Eastwood?

Well, of course I'm into westerns as well, especially the ones you're referring to! If you look back to the 60:es the war movies and the westerns were quite alike in the sense that the actors were often the same so there was no possibility to like one genre and not the other. The "Callahan" song is of course based on the old Clint Eastwood-classics just because there hasn't been enough tributes for them, just some wishful thinking that I one day can be as cool as Harry Callahan, he he…

Hehe, who needed more varied actors back then, if there were such actors as Clint and suсh directors as Leone? Very Happy
That's exactly the point - they didn't have the computer animations and all this shit to rely on back then and the actors had to do their part to 100% to pull the story off, now they have to put all their skills in fighting something that's not there in front of a green screen. I like a lot of the movies of today too, don't get me wrong, but there are no true heroes in cinema today - you know they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag but 30 years ago you really felt the possibility that Clint could shoot the legs of a mosquito flying in the horizon, ha ha!

Are you into any other musical genres? Have your musical tastes changed much over the years?
Not really, I like good music and I could listen to anything if it only "does it" for me but I must say that I'm quite old fashioned when it comes to the details that makes me tick. I listen to anything from old rock and roll to extreme metal but I prefer the kinds of bands that circle around the Motörhead-vein in some way, that's what really matters. My taste has only changed in the sense that new styles have come and I have broadened my horizon but when the day is over and I want something really close to home I always end up listening to something old and approved.

In Gehennah's song "We Love Alcohol" it was said "We won't get reach on Rock N' Roll, but we have fulfilled our dreams!". As a lifetime Metalhead who played in many bands who actually became famous (I'm talking about Gehennah and Vomitory, who are surealy not the most unknown Death Metal band nowadays) but never actually made a liveing from it - do you agree with this sentence?
Well, I'm actually the bastard who wrote those lyrics so I'd have to say that it's taken out of real life, the amonts of time and money I/we have put into metal can never be measured in money and if I ever got it all back I'd be a millionaire for sure! I've bought two studios, one for home and one for the rehearsal place, and on top f that we have a few bassguitars and a really expensive amplifier so the cash spent is quite much and counting all the hours I spend EVERY DAY, just imagine what a contractor would take for putting the same time in refurnishing your bathroom. But then again, I never got into this for the cash so it's not something I spend my days worrying about, it takes time and money to build yourself the world you really want. As for the albums I've been involved in releasing and the merchandise/royalties: they may have paid my first bass guitar but not a single penny more.

By the way, talking about alcohol and Gehennah - who's idea was to form the HOD campaign? Was it the band's idea, or Primitive Arts' kinda "commercial trick" in order to promote the HAD 7"'s series better (though they aren't sold out until today!) ?
That's a story no one knows what the hell happened I guess: I came up with the phrase on some party and I told the others that we should start this campaign called "Headbangers against disco". Nothing happened until Mr. Violence and Rob Stringburner had been drinking beer one evening and setting the rules for the membership issues a few months later, they started promoting it as a kind of Mafia movement and suddelny we had requests from all over the world. Somewhere along the way Paulo at Primitive Art had come up with the idea to put together the coolest bands from the scene and release a series of EP's that, put together, would form a short comic strip. It was all just another strange idea between drunken brothers and not a commercial stunt what so ever, the popularity it actually reached was nothing we would have guessed, we all did it because we thought it was a cool idea at the time.

What's your opinion about the mass-access to free music D/L?
This is the question that divides the scene in two categories: those who download and those who lie about NOT downloading. Face the fact, everyone who has a PC has in one way or another got their hands on music illegally, then if they complain about others doing the same thing with their stuff, that's their problem. I check for stuff to download on a more or less daily basis but at the same time I have everything I have ever done available for others to get at the same time. It's a blessing in the sense that your stuff spreads across the world in a way we've never seen before but it's also a curse for the professional musicians who depend on their sales. But if you think about it: metal has never been a genre you could live off so why should we even wonder about the do's and don't's in piracy, we're fucked anyway! If your stuff spreads better, then you should also be able to play more live and draw a bigger crowd than if everyone had to buy your CD for a huge amount, then you could sell T-shirts and other merchandise that could never be put out as a torrent – and I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I'd rather put money on a shirt that I can wear with pride than putting the same money on a CD just to hear something you only can talk about to a few metalheads in your town. I'd rather eat noodles and go on tour once a year than to eat roastbeef and just see a sheet of paper how many has bought the CD. I want it up front and intimate, numbers are for math-teachers.

I agree with you about that, though I'm not really glad to see that there're so many (if not most of them) metalheads that have NEVER bought any CD's. I think that it's better to buy CD's/Vinyls/Tapes/DVD's at least if not in order to support the artist financialy (it's well known that there are really FEW musicians in Metal who earn well from their CD's sales) - than at least to support good labels (like NWN!, Iron Pegasus etc.) so they could survive financially and release more good albums and re-release more forgotten classics... Do you agree with me about that?
Of course I agree to a hundred percent! The problem is that the scene and labels and bands needs to catch up on reality and the new generation metalheads will probably not even know what a vinyl is, they just haven't grown up with the same things we have and they're not to blame really. But of course we all should buy the albums and DVD's we like because someone has put a lot of money and time into producing it and they really deserve to get their hard earned cash back somehow – but since it's all oout in the open and just a click away for free it's hard to resist clicking that icon and take part of a new release the same day you hear about it, you know… I can only speak for myself and state the idiotic but all too true fact that if I had spent my money on buying CD's/DVD's we wouldn't have had this interview now, I could never have bought my studio and Private War had probably never even existed more than in my head until the day I die. I hope my contribution counts for some kind of balance in my piracy but I would never use it as an excuse, I'm killing the music industry just as much as the kid next door who will never pick up an instrument… The part I feel the most sorry for is that the whole magic around collecting vinyls and such is getting lost in a digital flash, you're never a true metalhead unless you have a few vinyls in your collection, right? Wink

Personally I think that it's just the perfect format for Metal, cuz analog sound and production fits this music much more than the modern digital production (think old classic Destruction's stuff VS "Thrash Anthems" and you get the point!). It's the format which all the best Metal albums we released on originally, and it also has the biggest cover art layots, so I prefer it over CD's for sure! But it's also great when utter posers have good Metal vinyls, since they usually sell them to me for rediculous prices when they decide to take off their disguise and get back to their roots of Rap and Trance!

Yep, you took the words right out of my brain there, mate! Metal is vinyl and vinyl is metal, that's all there is. The smell of a new vinyl could never be replaced by the shiny plastic box of a new CD and what should we say about MP3:s?? They don't smell, they don't shine - they just sound like shit if the rip is too poor - enough said Wink

So if it's not a secret, it seems that Gehennah didn't see much cash from their releases on Osmose, despite the fact that it's a pretty big and well known label, did you? And by the way - do you have any information about the Gehennah's albums print runs that Osose did (I'm not tlaking about the limited vinyl LP's, but the CD's)? Because this stuff is goddamn rare and pricy nowadays...
No, we didn't get much cash through that deal but we knew all along that the royalties weren't that big in their deal, the bigger part of it went to promotion and such (even though we never saw much promotion but it might have reached everywhere but here, who knows?). I have only a vague guess/memory in how many CD's they printed and I think there were 5000 each of our two releases there ("King of the sidewalk" and "Decibel Rebel"), then if they printed more than this afterwards I have no idea. I also had no idea that they have gone up in price, last time I saw our stuff it was on budgetsales and on fleamarkets, ha ha! Sorry to hear that you should pay a lot to get our stuff but still a quite good sign that there are people fighting eachother to get their hands on it.

What do you think about MySpace?
Myspace is as good as it is bad, just the same as the downloading: You can spread your music and get the reactions in no time and you can build the network you need to get around with a band but you can also get lost among all bands that are out there – hell, I have got 4 different space myself out there so I prove my own point right now! And, not trying to sound rude or ego, but there are a lot of bands out there that should have never been heard at all at the same time as the best are all out there. It's all a matter of good vs. bad but I think Myspace is a good forum for us metallers.

Are you planning to release (or re-release) any stuff by any of your current projects? If you are, then what can we expect for?
Yeah, I'm planning to release the whole works but I just don't know how or when though. I'm gonna send out some copies to labels but if I don't get any response I'll release it myself as a demos as soon as I can afford it – being unemployed in Sweden equals total poverty at the moment so I see no solution in the nearest future I'm sorry to say. What you can expect is hard to say, your guess is as good as mine, ha ha!

Well, I would recommend you that you contact NWN! Prod. or Osmose in order to negotiate a re-release of Gehennah's stuff, whether the rights belong to the band or to Osmose. NWN! make the greatest and most dedicated high quality vinyl releases nowadays and it's cooperation with Osmose brought to the killer re-release of BLASPHEMY (CAN)'s stuff last year. NWN! Also re-released the first 2 Nifelheim's albums on CD's a few months ago, so Yusuke (NWN!'s owner) might be interested...

The thought has never occurred to me that anyone wants to see a re-release with Gehennah so I don't know if this will happen but I sure thank you for the tip, maybe there could be something figured out among the two and someone out there might get their hands on the old stuff again… Time shall tell. Wink

If people are ready to cut one another's throats on eGay just in order to get this stuff for such prices as 40$ for a HARDROCKER's CD or 80$ for its vinyl version - it means that there's an interest in your stuff for sure! Even in IsraHell hehe...
I gotta check this out, it sounds totally sci-fi to me but if you say so I must believe you! Cool to know that our legacy lives on and that we have become collectors items but you should pay high prices for lowlife metal, he he.

Do you know any Israeli bands? (If you do - which ones and what do you think about them?)
I'm sorry to say that I don't know much about the Israeli scene, I guess I only know about Salem but they never caught my attention very much. Could you give me a few hints maybe? Something worth checking out?

Salem degradated a lot musically in my opinion. They did sign a contract with Season of Mist, but their new album features low-tuned sound in the MeshuggaY way and this stuff would make your oldschool ears bleed... There used to be some great Death Metal bands here in the early 90's, such as Scaffold for example, but these bands disbanded more than a decade ago, and most of them have never even released a single demo (though the demos that were released are totally impossible to find nowadays, so there's no big difference hehe). I could recommend you only that you give a listen to TANGORODRIM, who've been desecrating their listeners' years with great Darkthrone/Hellhammer influenced alcoholic Black Metal for more than a decade already. They're signed in Southern Lord records, so they're pretty famous worldwide, in terms of underground Black Metal of corpse Smile
There used to be also some killer Thrash Metal act named Hangman here between 2003-2006, they released to 2 demos and took participated in the Thrash MetalBlietzkrieg 7" compilation, with bands like Witchtrap (Col) and signed a contract with Witches Brew, but they split up. Hopefully their vokiller's new project's stuff will see the light of day soon, and as someone who heard some raw versions of this sruff - I can only tell you that it's gonna be REALLY worth to hear! Beside that - you can find only crappy Metalcore stuff, wannabe Norwegian 2nd wave BM rip-off projects and in the best case some Iron Maiden/Metallica cover bands that always come and go.

Seems like I have some catching up to do but also like you have the same 2:nd grade bands as any other country then, he he. I must say that black metal was watered out for me when the major wave came all those years ago and these days I just can't find the interest in giving such bands the time to even judge for myself, sorry to say though… I still hang on to some old stuff like Darkthrone and Mayhem and such but I'd rather fuck to the rhythm of Motörhead, if you know what I mean, he he.

Many Israeli former Metal bads members have changed their ways of life in many original and varied ways (some became religious, so gone crazy and went to an assylum, some started to sell vegitables on the market). Are you still in contact with members of once killer Swedish bands, who you played and got drunk with back in the early/mid 90's?
Sure, the whole internet thing has made it possible to get in touch with "the old gang" again and I have some of them in reach again but we don't talk on a daily basis though. I don't have any stories like the ones you just said though, here some of the people has dropped out and you never knew what happened to them, the rest are still in the scene and are still going strong. Sometimes I feel like I'm almost alone in the scene here but then I bump into a familiar face out on the web and it's clear that we are still here but we just don't meet up like before.

What's your opinion about the young bands that play retro-thrash? Do you think that these kiddies are just ripping off the old and good bands, or do you prefer their recycle of classic stuff over utter newschool crap?

Of course I prefer anything that has the intent to do it the old way, the new "metal" ain't worth shit if you ask me, they should stick to the hardcore scene or the rap scene. You can hear in 10 seconds or less if the band knows what they are doing and that's what I judge everything by. For me and the bands I've played in there has never been any "retro", we've listened to the same stuff since it was released and that's not really retro I think, it's just a late start in playing it yourself. We got a lot of shit from those "true" metal bands in the beginning since "we were copying the stuff that you listened to in first grade in school", then a few years later the same assholes showed up in bands that "had always listened to that stuff", quite pathetic really. Other than those stupid facts I prefer retro before new shit any time.

I agree about it... When a lifetime Metalhead plays oldschool stuff, it's absolutely natural. When young guys play Metal the old way - it's either because it's not their fault that they were born too late or they just wanna rip off some classic stuff. Do you listen to many new bands that keep the old traditions alive?
True, no one can be held responcible for being born too late, that's just bad luck. But it's also hard not to rip off something in 2008 since everything is more or less done already, there are only so many ways to play a guitar or drums and whatever you come up with is bound to sound like something else. I've been doing the same thing for about 19 years by now and everything I ever do is connected with either Venom or Motörhead, I just can't get away from it so I go for the winning line with these things I have picked up along the way – and if I make the first place or fall halfway through is not up to me to judge, that's for the scene to decide, I just make sure to have a damn good time while it lasts. About playing old school or whatever, there's one thing I would like to add though: If you're going for the old school, don't take your influences from the new bands doing the same thing, go back to THEIR influences and you'll find the TRUE origins!

I saw some pictures of your recording studio at home. Did you record/produce any other bands with it, or is it only for your projects' needs?
As I mentioned earlier, I've got two "studios": one full scale covering a whole room and one small computer based one at home, the bigger one is for anyone and any band who wants to record something and trusts me as a sound engineer and the smaller one is for me only so far, simply because I can only record two tracks at a time. I hope that one day these two quite primitive studios will somehow emerge into one proper full scale studio but due to lack of money I will have to take it day by day and see what opens up further along the road. I actually produced the "10 years of fucked up behavior" EP from Gehennah in my own studio as well as some THE COFFINSHAKERS-tracks released on some vinyl a while ago. Other than that there's not much produced there except for my own stuff. Both Turbocharged and Private war has been recorded on my gears though, Turbocharged on the big rig and Private War on the smaller one.

What are your favorite 10 Metal albums of all times?
Damn, you really like to see me sweat, don't you, ha ha?? My first thought is to say that it's too hard and too many albums to choose from but I'll give it a shot in no particular order spanning from pure metal to pure rock and roll:

1. Venom: "Welcome to hell"
2. Motörhead: "Ace of spades"
3. Sodom: "In the sign of evil"
4. Rose Tattoo: "Rock'n'roll outlaw"
5. Celtic Frost: "Morbid tales"
6. Bulldozer: "IX"
7. Slayer: "Reign in blood"
8. Mayhem: "De Mysteriis Dom Satanas"
9. Warfare: "Pure filth"
10. Macabre: "Gloom"
I have forgotten tons of albums and avoided a few to give a broad spectra of what I think are the best bands/albums now but I think I got it right.

I almost forgot to ask you to recommend some good alcohol as well! So what are you favorite drinks?
My absolute favorite is FREE BEER, ha ha! No, really, I don't have any specials like that, whatever tastes good and gets you drunk is the perfect drink. I have always wanted to be cool enough to drink whiskey but I just don't have it in me, sorry boys but I'm not a whiskey person. Wine makes me stupid and puking and champaign is awful - I guess there's only beer left then, huh? Oh, Alcohol and soft drinks works as well but then I get too drunk too early so I just stick with beer - it takes a while longer to pass out and behave like an asshole but I'm in no hurry, I always get there sooner or later...

What are the last words that you'd like to tell me and the readers?

Those famous last words, huh? Well, I used to have a lot of clichés to put here but I guess I'm getting old, I want these words to count these days, ha ha! The one thing I wanna tell all of you out there is: NEVER COUNT ME OUT - I'll always be here and play some dirty metal/rock and roll, no matter how many bands I have to form and watch'em burn I will never quit doing this. I just wouldn't know how to live my life without metal, this is the only thing I know and the only thing that matters. Other than that I don't have any cool statements or bombastic expressions so I use the old but oh so true phrase "...and remember: only death is real".
Thanks for the interview, man, I've had a blast answering it!"
Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it was the second interview I've EVER made, so looking back - I think I might doit even betetr, but I'm still pleased with the result. And it's one of the last interviews Ronie did prior to Gehennah's break up, if not the last.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't anyone like this interview? Sad
Kapalika

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interview is fine - but Gehennah were nothing more than a mildly amusing joke band to me., could be the case for others as well?
peterott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a very nice one, good work.

Sad to see that they split up. Their lyrics and bandpictures belong to some of the best.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter!
They never claimed to be a serious band, they just played what they wanted, instead of painting their faces like pandas and trying to pretend to be very serious as grim. Does that make GEHENNAH a joke?
franang

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview with RESISTANCE added
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franang wrote:
Interview with RESISTANCE added

read a couple of your online-interviews. Also very good and informative ones. It is just a bit hard to find the way through the webpage to these interviews Wink

http://franang.sts.free.fr/e-zine/pages%20e%20zine/interviews.htm

The Gehennah and the Iron Pegasus ones are really good.
Hallucinating Death

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
Didn't anyone like this interview? Sad

I liked it a good deal. Cheer up now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: