P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Economic Crisis? Metal Crisis?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Economic Crisis? Metal Crisis? Reply with quote

How's the current economic crisis influencing your metal buying habits? I'm probably going to save a bit more than I usually do. I'll probably hold back on buying another Flames of Hell LP.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's seriously affected what I can/can't get- I'm having to make a lot of choices in what I buy nowadays. The Euro is so strong against the pound that postage charges are starting to get ridiculous. It's still quite good against the dollar though.

It was really noticeable for me at Wacken this year in terms of how much I bought compared to usual. But hey- I suppose it's good in that I only buy one shitty record instead of two at a time now!
minge-eater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no buying from me, going down the trading route.

but least my grans ass still fetches a high price

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a matter of focusing on something you actually will listen to instead of just collecting for collecting's sake. i completely stopped purchasing "new band" releases. my focus is only to complete my collection of old stuff that i only have a dub, cdr or a really shitty copy of. which when it comes down to finance, is unfortunatley for me really expensive. overall i just trade stuff off to either people or shops to get rid of something that's just sitting around collecting dust and/or just plain old sucks. Laughing
Karan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I will have just to slow down a bit on what I buy...the thing is it will soon affect postage rates...and then it goes upwards...now, to buy, you must do it wisely...
greenmonster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with DESECRATOR. Although there's still a few releases coming out on HHR (New Atomizer and Destruktor LPs, specifically), I'm beginning to focus more on old stuff that I've been meaning to get but never got around to. I'm finding myself selling a lot of my old collection nowadays too.
Ichor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I avoid buying stuff from ebay. Prices have become ridiculously high these days.
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine we'll see a lot of gradual changes in the coming 12 months. Things have been slowing economy wise for about 12 months and the changes are quite noticeable right now so I'm guessing in the next 12 months consumer trends will have changed again to reflect a more frugal lifestyle (in some quarters).

I don't spend a lot on buying different releases anyway so it's had fuck all effect on my spending so far Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can only get like 1 release a month cause i have yet to find a job Sad

Trade- CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM
Funerape

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Metal spending habits died down a few years ago. My spending habits in general are worse than ever. Most of it probably goes to beer and food. So in return... the CD, record and demo collection don't grow that much these days. My gut is a different story.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reducing my payment for various stuff, mostly luxaries such as music, games, DVD's, etc for the past while. After getting the Mystifier boxset, I'll be further reducing my spending and also getting rid of some records I don't listen to anymore or care for.

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barely buy anything these days cause I have been out of work too much (I do construction/carpentry) as homeowners have been delaying work as they reassess their finances.
brown growth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to buy a single record since I lost my job 3 weeks ago due to paying for my amp to get repaired, buying new skins for my drums and buying a new microphone. I don't really even have time for a job right now due to college application bullshit and AP classes. So it looks like I won't be buying any records for a little while. It's kind of depressing to think about.

The economy hasn't effected me yet but it will when I'm older, and there isn't a god damn thing I can do about it. I'm about 20 days too young to vote.
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't affect me much. I have extra cash since I have cut back on pricy food and have been eating Cup Ramen for the past couple months, and when I get sick of Ramen I eat Pasta. I would love to buy a Flames Of Hell LP, but I don't know anyone that is selling....
Kuravilu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today the US dolar reach the strongest price on the last 3 years in Chile... so, speaks for it self that I am fucked up to get into a frenzy record buying-mania for some time... Crying or Very sad

Oh well.... the 3 past years were of pure glory!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: