P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Hell's Headbangers fucked a $216.55 order
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5809

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You threw them out ? I need to ask...

Were the actual vinyls fucked somehow ? ...or is it just knocked out edges on the jackets ? Cause I am sure everyone here has recieved albums with the edge of the jacket punched out from shipping vinyl inside the jacket. Throwing out the entire album seems a little excessive in such a case. Or were the actual vinyls snapped in half and unplayable ?

I like to have my albums in 'new' looking shape as well, however I do realize I will eventually die between 60 and 80 years old probably and give a fuck really what happens to these albums past that point, thus I realize trying to maintain perfection on an item is pointless as well. Shit wears out in the world, and some stuff has minor surface damage. Play and enjoy and so to speak. Attaching too much interest in material possessions is pointless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carnal sadist



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 221
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:


I like to have my albums in 'new' looking shape as well, however I do realize I will eventually die between 60 and 80 years old probably and give a fuck really what happens to these albums past that point, thus I realize trying to maintain perfection on an item is pointless as well. Shit wears out in the world, and some stuff has minor surface damage. Play and enjoy and so to speak. Attaching too much interest in material possessions is pointless.


You know...that is one of the most intelligent things I have ever heard any metal fan, collector, musician say. I salute you for being one of the few who realizes this concept. When all the dust has cleared, it's just stuff.
_________________
http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
Carnal Sadist Productions

http://malignstudios.circleofdestruction.net
Malign Studios (Artwork and Layouts)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hellfire Commando



Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 2233
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always try to think about it this way too. People freak out when they see I use real CD's or valuable LP's for DJ'ing... in the long run, they need to be used and enjoyed!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Evil Fifi



Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 401

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

I like to have my albums in 'new' looking shape as well, however I do realize I will eventually die between 60 and 80 years old probably and give a fuck really what happens to these albums past that point, thus I realize trying to maintain perfection on an item is pointless as well. Shit wears out in the world, and some stuff has minor surface damage. Play and enjoy and so to speak. Attaching too much interest in material possessions is pointless.


Thumbs up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erkekjetter



Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like something that happened in the mail. I have never had trouble with HH, and I think Ive ordered close to 100 times from them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathcrush



Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 16
Location: Athens, Greece

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
You threw them out ? I need to ask...

Were the actual vinyls fucked somehow ? ...or is it just knocked out edges on the jackets ? Cause I am sure everyone here has recieved albums with the edge of the jacket punched out from shipping vinyl inside the jacket. Throwing out the entire album seems a little excessive in such a case. Or were the actual vinyls snapped in half and unplayable ?

I like to have my albums in 'new' looking shape as well, however I do realize I will eventually die between 60 and 80 years old probably and give a fuck really what happens to these albums past that point, thus I realize trying to maintain perfection on an item is pointless as well. Shit wears out in the world, and some stuff has minor surface damage. Play and enjoy and so to speak. Attaching too much interest in material possessions is pointless.


the sleeves of these 3 LP's ware very much destroyed. They ware for gift so it was pointless to give them in this condition. The vinyls ware OK. The rest with the minor damages I kept them. I agree with you 100% but the point is that if you go and buy an item you expect to receive it as described or atleast you expect the seller to do it's best to pack them well. I'm a seller too, and I've sent many heavy packages and all went ok because I followed some simple rules. It's common logic man, if you throw a stone into a glass window it will break, if you ship 8 LP's with no protection they will receive damages. Ask Yosuke. It's so simple, that's why many people complain about bad packagings even in this forum. It sucks. As I said if the seller does his/her job well even if the package arrives damaged there's nothing you can say because shit happens. I can't really follow the materialism concept and it's limits. If you buy something and arrives damaged you get pissed off, is this materialism? I don't follow. I know that my collection will eventualy get damaged from the use and this is ok, it will get damaged by the USE and not by poor packaging.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathcrush



Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 16
Location: Athens, Greece

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erkekjetter wrote:
This sounds like something that happened in the mail. I have never had trouble with HH, and I think Ive ordered close to 100 times from them.


I know that, that's what people say, I had ordered a couple of times but ware single LP orders and came very fast and no problem. As I say again and again it's NOT the post it's the packaging. OK it may never happent to any of you and I believe that that's not regular situation but... happent to me. Heavy packages are very tricky so see.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodens Grav



Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 1601

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathcrush wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
You threw them out ? I need to ask...

Were the actual vinyls fucked somehow ? ...or is it just knocked out edges on the jackets ? Cause I am sure everyone here has recieved albums with the edge of the jacket punched out from shipping vinyl inside the jacket. Throwing out the entire album seems a little excessive in such a case. Or were the actual vinyls snapped in half and unplayable ?

I like to have my albums in 'new' looking shape as well, however I do realize I will eventually die between 60 and 80 years old probably and give a fuck really what happens to these albums past that point, thus I realize trying to maintain perfection on an item is pointless as well. Shit wears out in the world, and some stuff has minor surface damage. Play and enjoy and so to speak. Attaching too much interest in material possessions is pointless.


the sleeves of these 3 LP's ware very much destroyed. They ware for gift so it was pointless to give them in this condition. The vinyls ware OK. The rest with the minor damages I kept them. I agree with you 100% but the point is that if you go and buy an item you expect to receive it as described or atleast you expect the seller to do it's best to pack them well. I'm a seller too, and I've sent many heavy packages and all went ok because I followed some simple rules. It's common logic man, if you throw a stone into a glass window it will break, if you ship 8 LP's with no protection they will receive damages. Ask Yosuke. It's so simple, that's why many people complain about bad packagings even in this forum. It sucks. As I said if the seller does his/her job well even if the package arrives damaged there's nothing you can say because shit happens. I can't really follow the materialism concept and it's limits. If you buy something and arrives damaged you get pissed off, is this materialism? I don't follow. I know that my collection will eventualy get damaged from the use and this is ok, it will get damaged by the USE and not by poor packaging.


The point is that you threw away LPs that played. Even if you intended to repurchase the damaged LPs, throwing a record away because the sleeve was destroyed definitely sounds like a materialistic quality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KRSTFR



Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had problems with HHR at anything, I guess they did not fuck the pack, the post office did in the meantime of sending or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9617
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHR were always alright in terms of packaging in my experience

I'm not anal for conditions at all. The only thing I hate is skipping.

Of course if you buy new releases you expect them to be new. If not it's a shit but if they're not broken, why not keeping it for playing? They might not be usable for a gift but a record is a record
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathcrush



Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 16
Location: Athens, Greece

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:

The point is that you threw away LPs that played.


No, I threw them because they ware for gift. I kept the other LP's as I normaly do with damaged stuff.

Dodens Grav wrote:

Even if you intended to repurchase the damaged LPs, throwing a record away because the sleeve was destroyed definitely sounds like a materialistic quality.


Definition of materialism: preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.

In way though it actualy has to do with materialism. If music itself is the non-material "object" in this conversation, then the medium in which the music is recorded is. All these die-hards or fancy releases or even the "regular" ones aren't a kind of materialism too? For how many of us, simple mp3's or CD-R's could be enough? We could support the band anyway with a direct donation the same way we purchase their music. All I'm saying is that yes it may have a relation to materialism but after all everything besides the purest form of a release, (aka CD-R or tape or mp3) is a kind of materialism. We all like nice things, useless to anything but their beauty; how cool the new x-band t-shirt is etc etc. If this is what you mean by materialism? If yes then you are right, but this aply to all Smile

sorry for the long text...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2928
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fucked yourself over. I'm sure they would have worked something out with you if you'd kept the damaged LPs and contacted them about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlackMinion



Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 1228
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i believe he only used a layer of bubble because he believe that the 8 LP together would stay tight and comapct so any damage wouldnt affect any of them.i hope someone understands what im saying
_________________
Sellers:Vega360,markos,GoabX2,sehaitt,IXTAB,Kuravilu,Lucko,Junky,bMz,Descension,Primitivehatemagick

Trade- CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathcrush



Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 16
Location: Athens, Greece

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
You fucked yourself over. I'm sure they would have worked something out with you if you'd kept the damaged LPs and contacted them about it.


yes I partially agree, I fucked my self by getting so pissed off and not handling it better. This does not change the fact that in my case they did a poor job in packaging in the first place and this is the point of what I said. I say again and again that if they packed well I would not have said anything, no complain and not even a paypal claim because shit happens, post workers sucks sometimes and there are risks in mailorders.

all of you say that HH is very much OK, I have no reason to disagree, all I'm saying is what happent to me, and I have nothing against them, I don't even know them and my experience is a souple of single LP orders and this one here.

I ask again, is a layer of bubbles and a normal box only sufficient for 8 LP's shipped overseas? A tight box wouldn't prevent corner damages. Even if he did think it would be ok what about the "special instructions" box if he doesn't follow them or atleast not letting me know if he couldn't or didn't want?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodens Grav



Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 1601

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anybody's disagreeing with you on that point. I wonder if anybody else here would have actually thrown working vinyls away though just because the sleeve got mangled. I would still get in touch with the label though, and point them to this conversation as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group