P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paul Ledney is now a hated man at SOTNCF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vorfeed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BestialNecromancer wrote:

Black metal has nothing to do with alcohol,drugs and that kind of shit.Strong individuals are not addicted to something and of course ancient black/death metal is about occult studies and apocryphal practise

Sure, and sex, alcohol, and/or drugs have never had any connection to occult studies, right? Come on.

I LIKE sex,i just think its STUPID and LOW MENTALITY to SING about it.I prefer more occult lyrics like Acheron

You mean like "Satanic Erotica"? "Seven Deadly Sins"? Or maybe "The Entity"? Or "Bow Before Me"? I find it pretty funny that you're listing ACHERON, of all bands, as an example of how you think it's lame to sing about personal indulgence and pleasure. Sorry, but if lyrics are so damn important to you, you probably should have noticed that this band is NOT on your side with the whole "straight and narrow" thing... Oh, but maybe they meant to say "Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence... Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification! Except for 'alcohol,drugs and that kind of shit'!" Rolling Eyes

You also mentioned Necros Christos, and they've got a song or two about sex magic as well. "Curse of the Necromantical Sabbath" comes to mind.

At any rate, I'm with Endless Morbidity. There's obviously a place for decadent lyrics in black and death metal. For one thing, they're a strike against Christian morality; for another, they're a celebration of personal power and prideful indulgence, and that's always been central to metal, especially black metal...
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to stop whining on messageboards. Either hit him or shut up.
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
People need to stop whining on messageboards. Either hit him or shut up.

I like this post.

That being said, I have no problem with Mr. Ledney.
BestialNecromancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:

Black metal has nothing to do with alcohol,drugs and that kind of shit.Strong individuals are not addicted to something and of course ancient black/death metal is about occult studies and apocryphal practise

Sure, and sex, alcohol, and/or drugs have never had any connection to occult studies, right? Come on.

I LIKE sex,i just think its STUPID and LOW MENTALITY to SING about it.I prefer more occult lyrics like Acheron

You mean like "Satanic Erotica"? "Seven Deadly Sins"? Or maybe "The Entity"? Or "Bow Before Me"? I find it pretty funny that you're listing ACHERON, of all bands, as an example of how you think it's lame to sing about personal indulgence and pleasure. Sorry, but if lyrics are so damn important to you, you probably should have noticed that this band is NOT on your side with the whole "straight and narrow" thing... Oh, but maybe they meant to say "Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence... Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification! Except for 'alcohol,drugs and that kind of shit'!" Rolling Eyes

You also mentioned Necros Christos, and they've got a song or two about sex magic as well. "Curse of the Necromantical Sabbath" comes to mind.

At any rate, I'm with Endless Morbidity. There's obviously a place for decadent lyrics in black and death metal. For one thing, they're a strike against Christian morality; for another, they're a celebration of personal power and prideful indulgence, and that's always been central to metal, especially black metal...

Of course sex is connected with magick(satanism,hinduism,babylonian/sumerian religion etc) but it has a ritualistic purpose.Songs of Acheron you ve mentioned are fucking great (the lyric part) and HAVE this ritualistic purpose of sex.If you compare for example these songs with Tracy of Sarcofago you will see the difference..In general i think you will agree and at least you can say your opinion decent.

And i think its better discuss topics like this than posting pics of our new patch/records/playlist(this goes for previous posts)
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am going to go out on a limb here and say ideologically I don't like Orthodox, White, NS, or DS black metal. They all are an embarassment to BM and go against the ideals. Musically I can listen to all but NS or White, as I boycott those altogether.

As for taking BM seriously, there are some bands that should be taken seriously and some that should not. I can leave it at that.

As for women and black metal, it goes more with the first wave or thrash/black in some cases. I just don't like women who have no respect for themselves, and thus I view them as objects. I cannot have respect for any woman who does not have respect for herself. There are some respectable female metal fans, but far and few between.

When bands talk about women, usually it is in a negative connotation. I have tons of examples if anyone contests this....

I also concur with another poster that said we should have more topics like this.
vorfeed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course sex is connected with magick(satanism,hinduism,babylonian/sumerian religion etc) but it has a ritualistic purpose.Songs of Acheron you ve mentioned are fucking great (the lyric part) and HAVE this ritualistic purpose of sex.If you compare for example these songs with Tracy of Sarcofago you will see the difference..In general i think you will agree and at least you can say your opinion decent.

I agree that there's a difference, but I don't agree that this difference should matter one whit as to whether a band's lyrics are appropriate to black or death metal. As I said before, I think decadent lyrics fit this kind of music AND its ideology just fine, which is why they've been a part of it since the beginning.

"Tracy" is a great example -- if it weren't for songs about fucking and killing, death metal would be a very empty genre...
dronevil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont give a shit about lyrics
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most "occult" black metal lyrics I've read have been just as immature and unintelligent as anything else, so the whole intelligence issue isn't a very good argument.
HisEmissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigga, please! The only "rituals" 99% of you morbid fruits perform ends with a money shot in a dirty gym sock.

P.S. - Fight him or you are a pussy.
Towelripper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-EAiIwhSg

pure beherit shirt goat cult!
dronevil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Towelripper wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-EAiIwhSg

pure beherit shirt goat cult!

it's actually a hoodie, i've seen him wearing that when they came to auckland last year.
horrificus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No man.I am good looking i have a girlfriend etc.Of course she is not into metal cause first i dont like ugly fat women(see metalgirls),girls without personality just loving long haired dudes/sheep attitude and of course i am not homosexual(i like femine girls not "shaved" men with metal shirts and long filthy shirts.ha!)

Pretty much how I view it as well.
Goat.Pestilence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:
If you're within the Black Metal microcosm merely to get laid, you might as well FUKK OFF!!

i agree. but i dont see the problem in getting laid because of your music as long as the ultimate intention of your music was something more respectable. most people looking to use music to get laid wouldn't waste their 'creative' energy on black metal. its only repulsively ugly people like Paul Ledney who tap into the 'scene' for this reason as there are many girls in this 'scene' who are on his level
Towelripper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also well known knowledge that if you're into black metal, you will get laid! Girls just love it and will kneel before your cock!
Goat.Pestilence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Towelripper wrote:
It's also well known knowledge that if you're into black metal, you will get laid! Girls just love it and will kneel before your cock!

i would love that, really Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: