P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Watain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Watain Reply with quote

watain is heavily influenced in mayhem, as stated before.personally i really think that casus luciferi is one hell of a god album, and the latest shit is somewhat ok.it's not half as good as casus luciferi though.
Mikael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Watain and I think get better and better on every album, but live they're even better. I haven't seen them live after the latest album though, but that will change tomorrow when they're here with Nifelheim and Impiety.

Btw. If anyone has the 7" for trade, PM.
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
here's a hilarious interview,

http://www.globaldomination.se/interviews/watain-erik-danielsson

Hah that WAS funny, you weren't lying.

Best part -

Final question: how do you feel about NSBM bands? Do you think they’re a cancer on the face of metal or do you support them? Possibly indifferent?

They mean as much to me as your questions. Irritating but still irrelevant enough to not give a fuck about.

- When comes the vinyl??

- Who is stocking the vinyl in Europe???

- What distros have the vinyl in North America????

- Looks like the vinyl is sold out everywhere.
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erkekjetter wrote:
The_Elite wrote:
Watain are not an "orthodox" band.

Oki, I like them anyways.

Bah Venom isn't black metal
Opolus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WATAIN is a prime example of seriously silly scene police bollocks!!
1. "Oh, they incorporating melodies, for fuck's sake, sorry, this is gay!" Yeah, sure, why not listen to the next couple of mistuned gasmask-goat-bulletbelt-talentless average band. Don't get me wrong, I also dig shit like BLASPHEMY, CONQUEROR and PROCLAMATION, not the least because they do their thing, and are also good at it, but eventually I think it takes a lot of guts and songmanship, to come up with decent melodies, that don't sound corny and still work out as a whole within a song. That's a quality they have, only very few bands within Black/Death Metal contained!
2. "Buhhhh, they're getting too popular for their own good!" Yeah, that makes the music far worse, does it? Any random dude with Down-Syndrom can wisthle along to "Freezing Moon" and "Witching Hour" by now, does that make those songs any worse? FUKK NO!! Black Metal ain't your precious hidden secret anymore, how much you, me or anyone else wishes it to be! The most important thing is, that you still do it on your own terms! Everything else is irrelevant! And I'm a 100 % sure, that WATAIN do just this, meaning, that they wouldn't sound any different, if they'd sell far less records, or to quote the late, great Cliff Burton from one of his rare TV interviews:"We do what we wanna do. If they consider that selling out, whatever!"!! To me personally, they're the perfect culmination of classic MAYHEM & DISSECTION!! Anyone who doesn't hear that is a bloody fool!! Twisted Evil
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very hard to have appreciation for modern-day Watain. Back when Rabid death's curse was released, there was an interview with Erik where he told that Drakkar had only pressed 1000 copies of the debut CD because that way it would limit the amount of people who 'wouldn't appreciate it like it should' getting hold of it.
Now compare with Watain 6/7 years later. International deals, reissues, definately a very different outlook on the commercial aspect has developed within these years. Not that I have a problem with bands who do that, but bands going from one extreme to another, well...
Also musically, personally speaking, it's been going downhill. I didn't even bother to pick up the new album after hearing it. Same for the concerts, I've seen them a number of times over the years and the best time was definately in the RDC-era. Maybe it was because I was just a young teen and seeing such a show, which definately has some theatrical aspects, impressed me more than nowadays.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with whoever said that Watain have lost any touch of obscurity that they possessed on the killer first album, but the new album is a real grower; very powerful songs and very intense performance I think. Plenty of Dissection worship for sure though!

Casus Luciferi is REALLY tedious.
Ninkaszi187

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are ok. Thats about it. To say they are the nowadays CF, Mercyful Fate, Venom, etc is a bunch of bullshit though. Just another bm band from Sweden to me.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erkekjetter wrote:
I like Casus Lucifieri alot, nearly played it to death. I kind of like the kind of orthodox blackmetal that sweden has produced alot of lately. Ondskapt, Watain, Ofermod, all among my favorite bands.

I agree with you on Ondskapt. those records are killer.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't what the whole deal is with this band....it just seems like another trendy band that everyone whores out....just another White Metal band....
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two lps and the 7"/demos. That last release, however, was bollocks! Over produced, boring songs, way too melodic........
RS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sworn to the Dark was the album Dissection should've release..... Razz
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first 2 as well, and bits of Sworn To the Dark. The latter is not so much "too melodic" as it is too groovy. live, they were tight, and dramatic, but i never got the feeling they're feeling up on the big stage.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best comments ever:

"Much better than being another "Nuclear War Goat Sodomizing the Virgins" joke that only record collector fetishists and scene queen losers go for"

"Oh, they incorporating melodies, for fuck's sake, sorry, this is gay!" Yeah, sure, why not listen to the next couple of mistuned gasmask-goat-bulletbelt-talentless average band"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: