P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Watain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
Watain are not an "orthodox" band.

I thought they were. But as I never really tried to follow this dividing into categories like “War Metal”, “Orthodox Black Metal” and so on, that has nothing to mean. Maybe you could tell me why Watain is not one of these so-called “orthodox” bands. And this “orthodox” arguing reminds me of this:

Xeniteia wrote:
I don't care of giving arguments. You just act like them that pretend that their opponents are idiots, etc. Arguments have been told many time before. Now there is only two words as an answer to this mascarade : fuck you !

Now if someone wants to try to be smart, do it in PM please !

To be found in the Ofermod interview thread.

s.charlach wrote:
Concerning Watain. An English version of the interview in MK 0.5. Maybe it's of interest...

MK? What publication is that?

Goab wrote:
Being influenced by Dissection and classic Mayhem can't be a bad thing nor a reason to stab this band to death. The're certainly melting a lot of classic metal infleunces these days and that's what makes of "Sworn to the dark" a milestone of an album, a "moment of history" as Costa Stoios very well stated on the description of the album on his mailorder list.

Whereas it would be a good reason if the band stood in “Grand Declaration of War”’s tradition.

Opolus wrote:
Hellfire Commando wrote:
Haha I was too lazy to write it out, but anyway, here is what happened:

When I arrived at the venue, the Katacombes, on Saturday night, there were a few rumors going around that there was supposed to be a second WATAIN gig. I asked the people at the door – which were the show organizers and they told me they have been trying to look for a last minute venue desperately but couldn’t find one. (There was a hole in the WATAIN tour schedule). A few of the bands dropped off the bill, and they were even ready to book INEPSY to open up for WATAIN (!!). There was already a show at the Katacombes on Sunday, so finally the WATAIN tour manager pressured the organizers to let them have WATAIN play after. They said no at first because it was a noise/EBM show and it simply would have not fit the bill…

In the evening on the Saturday night, the WATAIN guys pissed off the Katacombes staff by drinking their own beer inside the venue, smoking inside, and then bringing their alcohol on the street outside of the venue. They have been warned but still would do it – and then gave attitude to the staff… so already, they got looked down by the venue. On top of that, Erik told one of the owners that he was going to bring pig blood and splash it on the crowd. Wrong move – the staff is almost all vegan!

On Sunday, the bands spent the day behind the venue in their tourbus, hanging out outside. One of the venue sound guys surprised them stoning pigeons to death in a parking lot and videotaping it. That pretty much pissed him off and so they refused to let them play. Voilà!

Ha, ha, sounds all good to me, especially the "stoning pigeons to death" bit! Fuck all those vegan mofos!! Twisted Evil

What a stupid last sentence of yours. If you like Ildjarn or Thou Shalt Suffer, you should therefore throw away all your records and merch of both bands, as Vidar is vegan.

HisEmissary wrote:
Lackluster set tonight in Mass. Last year's show was infinitely superior.

Identical set list (OK- it may have been shorter), sloppy/slowed down playing, no blood, no stench, no dead shit on stage and the mic stand looked more like something belonging to Steven Tyler than something dreadful and Watainian.

And then there was the fucking vocal delay. Absolutely atrocious and completely overdone to the point of nullifying Eric's vocal performance. It was like some sort of cruel joke that only let up after 45 minutes. I suppose I should be grateful that I got to enjoy two songs with an almost-passable mix.

And it should be noted that the band performed again as a four-piece, with Eric handling bass. Set was not present and the would-be bassist was on second guitar.

If it appears I'm being hard on the band, well... a lot was promised. Having read the band's own hype and hyperbole regarding "full artillery", the "real Watain" line-up, so on and so forth - it simply wasn't delivered upon.

I'll post a link to a friend's pictures once he's uploaded them.

Curious to hear the appraisals of others...

Were these ever uploaded?

CraiGORE wrote:
I have been listening to more Watain in ode to the drama... cause ya know, us metal guys are "into the music because no one else is"!

Are these nice words yours or who did you quote?

If I hadn’t done so on the other thread, I would have asked about the Party.San rumours over here.
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got obviously too much time on your hands, going for all those quotes! "Stupid sentence" and "throwing away" all my ILDJARN & TSS albums, because Vidar is vegan? Yeah, sure! I'm even a more dedicated SMITHS/MORRISSEY devotee, and he's a nearly militant vegetarian, but eventually I couldn't give a lesser rat's ass about any vegetarian, let alone vegan agendas of people whose music (!) I enjoy! I'm also sick of all that Nazi bollocks, still I can listen to "Judeobeast Assassination" or "Det Som Engan Var" on a regular basis!
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Watain - Rabid Death's Curse CD... Rolling Eyes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140271777588

Still, I am missing the LP-version here Sad

That is hyper-fucked up.
I ordered a copy from Moribund. They said it was not in stock.
Two days later they sent an email saying they got it in and it was at my door three days later. Now, it is not the original pressing as it has eight tracks but is still on Drakkar, so it is worth the 14.00 I paid for it.
500.00 for one less track???
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Watain Reply with quote

I try to ignore the drama and listen to the music.
There are a lot of tards out there making great music and this tard loves buying it.

Last edited by Heliogabalus on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:
You've got obviously too much time on your hands, going for all those quotes! "Stupid sentence" and "throwing away" all my ILDJARN & TSS albums, because Vidar is vegan? Yeah, sure! I'm even a more dedicated SMITHS/MORRISSEY devotee, and he's a nearly militant vegetarian, but eventually I couldn't give a lesser rat's ass about any vegetarian, let alone vegan agendas of people whose music (!) I enjoy! I'm also sick of all that Nazi bollocks, still I can listen to "Judeobeast Assassination" or "Det Som Engan Var" on a regular basis!

Metal is great. for all of Burzum's retartedness, I can set that aside and listen to his music. That GQ pic is almost a buzzkill though.
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Watain are doing people a favor by killing pigeons. Those disease-ridden things are nothing more than feathered rats of the sky.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
nexxxion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a fucking bunch of pidgeons who made for nice gig deco, get over it.
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree with "Pazuzu" & "nexxxion" here!!! Exclamation
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were killing those filthy birds for practical reasons, as they needed blood. They tried to pay some junkies to give up their dogs, but they wouldn't do it.
harmless

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Yea, every hunter is a coward, cause really what animal can defend against hunting or farming ?
...for that matter what tree or mushroom can defend against being eaten either. Wink

There is a difference in hunting for food and hunting for sport. Perhaps the guys in Watain were hungry and thought they would spice up their meals with a couple of hobo-steaks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: