P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SWALLOWED (Finland) - Epitaph of nauseation demo tape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sold out quite well, congrats
Detest Records

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringer of Terror wrote:
Is the Miasmal demotape still going to be limited to 50??

No, not at all ... something between 150 and 200 copies.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
that sold out quite well, congrats

Yeah, I'm satisfied.

Thanx!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detest Records wrote:
Albin wrote:
reassure me , you've kept me a copy as promised ???

Oui oui, ne t'en fais pas!

I hope that the copy that you told you would send me early next week is still preserved for me... Confused
Detest Records

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
Detest Records wrote:
Albin wrote:
reassure me , you've kept me a copy as promised ???

Oui oui, ne t'en fais pas!

I hope that the copy that you told you would send me early next week is still preserved for me... Confused

Come on guys, I can deal with an order or a trade ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather just listen to Autopsy. Although this isn't totally bad. It's got some cool sounds, but nothing that really sinks any hooks in my flesh.

My problem with newer Death Metal bands is that it's clear they spend way too much time perfecting the art of duplicating the 90's sound, but do nothing to expand on it on bring it into even darker territory...so it's all boring and just feels like imitation shit. It just feels like I've heard it all before.

They should look to Drowned for inspiration. That fucking Viscera Terrae is so fresh and original, yet still has the basic element of Death Metal.
Detest Records

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Rather just listen to Autopsy. Although this isn't totally bad. It's got some cool sounds, but nothing that really sinks any hooks in my flesh.

My problem with newer Death Metal bands is that it's clear they spend way too much time perfecting the art of duplicating the 90's sound, but do nothing to expand on it on bring it into even darker territory...so it's all boring and just feels like imitation shit. It just feels like I've heard it all before.

They should look to Drowned for inspiration. That fucking Viscera Terrae is so fresh and original, yet still has the basic element of Death Metal.

I respect your opinion, but I'd like to say that ...

- This is the band's second demo;
- DROWNED was formed in 1992, whereas SWALLOWED was formed back in ... 2007 Rolling Eyes Oh yes, this DROWNED MLP was truly convincing but I am afraid one cannot expect every band to write Left hand path or any other masterpiece, especially in 2 years of existence.
- Both members are less than 18 years old;
- I wouldn't speak about "duplicating the 90's sound" but about "assimilating influences";
- If originality is a relevant criterion for you, this is not the case for everybody. Simply think about FUNEBRARUM, they're not that original but they are respected for what they do. As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a fuck about originality. Sincerity is however very important to me. The school mates of SWALLOWED guys are probably into slipknot, system of a down or crap like that, but SWALLOWED choose to play metal of death, to carry on following the left hand path and that does not mean they have to be original, that means that they are doing what they like and therefore their sincerity deserves our respect. Was REPUGNANT that original? I'm afraid they weren't. But their sincerity was so obvious - back then - that originality was secondary.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Drowned is..uh, really old now. But for a Death Metal release put out in 2006, fuck does that demo sound fresh. I personally think Repugnant was rather original too. They certainly stand out to me. I happen to thing they were actually better than a lot of the bands of the early 90's that people go nuts for. There is just "something about it"..and I think that's what makes good Death Metal great.

Funerbrarum is rather good too. At first they seemed like they would be a bore, but they certainly have something there.

Death Metal for me, has to evoke some emotion and make me want to actually listen to it. Too much of it, especially today doesn't hold my interest. I put it on and actually forget I did so as it's playing in the background. I think some bands are able to capture it, while others fall flat.

But yes, sincerity is important. If they believe in what they do, then good. There are a lot of bands who's demos I hated, but though their full-length or later material was good and vise versa.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tracks on myspace are really good considering the age of the members, I'm waiting to hear the full demo to give an ultimate opionion

congrats to detest for the finding and selling all the stuff in less than a week!
I've also checked miasmal myspace and they are very good indeed, looking forward to their demo too.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Detest Records

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I know Drowned is..uh, really old now. But for a Death Metal release put out in 2006, fuck does that demo sound fresh. I personally think Repugnant was rather original too. They certainly stand out to me. I happen to thing they were actually better than a lot of the bands of the early 90's that people go nuts for. There is just "something about it"..and I think that's what makes good Death Metal great.

Funerbrarum is rather good too. At first they seemed like they would be a bore, but they certainly have something there.

Death Metal for me, has to evoke some emotion and make me want to actually listen to it. Too much of it, especially today doesn't hold my interest. I put it on and actually forget I did so as it's playing in the background. I think some bands are able to capture it, while others fall flat.

But yes, sincerity is important. If they believe in what they do, then good. There are a lot of bands who's demos I hated, but though their full-length or later material was good and vise versa.

After all, everything is a matter of taste ... I was convinved by SWALLOWED but I cannot force anyone to agree with me. However my opinion seems to be shared by a lot of people considering the fact the tape is already sold out after less than a week on the market.

Anyway, I respect your opinion and do not feel offensed! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
the tracks on myspace are really good considering the age of the members, I'm waiting to hear the full demo to give an ultimate opionion

congrats to detest for the finding and selling all the stuff in less than a week!
I've also checked miasmal myspace and they are very good indeed, looking forward to their demo too.

I am convinced you'll be into the whole demo. Its global atmosphere is just so raw and obscure.

Thanx for your kind words!

MIASMAL is gonna be huge ... without the least doubt!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to Endless Morbidity at some parts, though you have to keep in mind how young this band and its members are...for that the samples sound promising. I didn't bought the demo but will look out on the next releases they'll put out
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have save copy for the package you should send to me..
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work with the tape release! am sure the band is pleased as hell too.
Vinyl Vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Yosuke ever get these tapes in???

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: