P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

blasphemy / carcass / repulsion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passetiermes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever is wondering Blasphemy's influences and preferences should check their early interviews from here:
http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/interviewslr.htm
Names like Blood, Impetigo, Discharge, Doom, Xysma, Agathocles are being mentioned among many others.
klaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, thanks for the UNITED MUTATION recommendation! Here's some more (all?) 1981-85 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oae_c_xM8
Fucking awesome...
Need to buy this shit pronto!
blewcheer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a lot of these guys were listening to old grind and punk. I didn't realize that would be controversial or even debated at all. Regardless, I'd rather listen to Blood over anything else mentioned so far.

Speaking of Blood, maybe it's time to start a "classic Deathcore" thread. At least that one would make sense. Laughing
passetiermes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People did not pigeonhole and restrict their listening habits back then, unlike the warriors of today.
Also this "being laughed at". Yeah, those not into black metal found Blasphemy amusing.
But among the bm-people, it was mainly the offspring of Norwegian black metallers who were laughing at Blasphemy, thinking that all bm must be Bathory-inspired norsk svart metal.
DFP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
But among the bm-people, it was mainly the offspring of Norwegian black metallers who were laughing at Blasphemy, thinking that all bm must be Bathory-inspired norsk svart metal.

Yes, "mainly". That's also why I wrote "most people", not "all". But bands like Samael or Impaled Nazarene were WAY more respected - something that is also quite forgotten today.

And I am coming from a country that has an own BM-tradition which is older than the Norwegian one.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radokaz wrote:
satanic ritual abuse wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
Can't deny Deutschland's BLOOD for influencing death and black metal. And probably releasing the highest quality material in grindcore. No other band in the genre has more than 3 good records besides Blood.

There are a lot of grind bands with a consistent discography, for example:

Regurgitate
Agathocles
Yacopsae
Phobia
Dead Infection

good, but not even close to ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CeHfz54LF8

haha, yes, Assück released two albums and two EPs, they count as well
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP wrote:
Blasphemy, Carcass and Repulsion sound NOTHING alike, neither musically nor production-wise. All of them had totally different exposure (Carcass were close to mainstream-fame, Repulsion was only known and respected in the DM/Grind-UG and Blasphemy....well, sorry to hurt some feelings but most people didn't took them seriously back in the days, similar like with Beherit) AND completely different influences/backgrounds.

Bullshit

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
DFP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to back up your bullshit-claims, Mr. I have Fear Factory and Pantera at home? What were you doing back then, walking around in baggy pants and jumping around like a spastic?

Talk normal or get out of my way.
leewar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk on home boy!
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's definitely connections between early grind and the bestial style.

Blasphemy, ImpNaz, Archgoat, etc. all openly admit to it...I don't see how it can be debatable at this point.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
leewar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its called playing fast and a bit sloppy.
veadtuck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said the same thing awhile back and got jumped on for it. Blasphemy does sound influenced by ND/Carcass,especially on Gods of War. Bestial black metal is a mix of death/grind/thrash infused with bm. Some bands like Imp Naz had punk roots. But I still think the sound mostly originated in the black-tinged thrash bands like early Bathory,Sodom,and Slayer. Those bands are cited across t h e board
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP wrote:

Blasphemy, Carcass and Repulsion sound NOTHING alike, neither musically nor production-wise. All of them had totally different exposure (Carcass were close to mainstream-fame, Repulsion was only known and respected in the DM/Grind-UG and Blasphemy....well, sorry to hurt some feelings but most people didn't took them seriously back in the days, similar like with Beherit) AND completely different influences/backgrounds. For example, some parts of early Chaos Z have resemblance to Ildjarn, but it was pure coincidence (prove otherwise if you know better).

You don't get the point of the original post at all.
Oh well.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its comical that most people have a romantic hard on for how bands only listened to bm only, give me a break. As a guy who witnessed the "normal" interaction between punk and metal in a major city like new york in the 80's, all extreme music owes plenty to punk. and its only the 40 somethings like myself or a well educated young person that knows his or her shit, will see this.

bands like beherit were viewed at death grind then, they even viewed themselves as such...and now everything is like no way dude its black metal purely. same as people thinking black metal was invented in Scandinavia in the 90's bro! Laughing Rolling Eyes
lifeless

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black metal-only people are some of the most boring people on the planet
would rather hang out with someone who listened to k-pop exclusively; at least there's a prospect for hoes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: