P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Classic metalcore and new school hardcore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danofort wrote:
Die My Will was pretty crushing, and Grimlock was great meathead mosh-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJpgW0ib6Q&list=PL5ImA6mOJTTSAUoFNWKSbXMYUI6Ut49g2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t-ZnSqwZl0&list=PL6FtEIk4yFyV5WJSjHv7QPA3hSs7d3gf0

You pretty much own this thread for posting Grimlock. You can beat the skin off someone's face to their stuff.
danofort

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
danofort wrote:
Die My Will was pretty crushing, and Grimlock was great meathead mosh-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJpgW0ib6Q&list=PL5ImA6mOJTTSAUoFNWKSbXMYUI6Ut49g2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t-ZnSqwZl0&list=PL6FtEIk4yFyV5WJSjHv7QPA3hSs7d3gf0

You pretty much own this thread for posting Grimlock. You can beat the skin off someone's face to their stuff.

Indeed. They had a song dedicated to Bob Probert, which I always thought was the coolest fucking thing ever.
Numerator41

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerator41 wrote:
danofort wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:
Abnegation's total shit recording quality ruined most of their stuff. As Stone Strikes the Cedar demo and that comp track were their best imo.

Yep, almost all of their recordings are thin as hell. I'm amazed no one has released a remastered comp. Would love to see it one day.

I remember reading an interview with Creation is Crucifixion where they talked about how none of the recording people they hooked up with knew shit about metal and it's why a bunch of their stuff sounds like it was recorded underwater.

The Killtheslavemaster EP is another one with that godawful thin production but I just crank the volume. That thing fucking riffs. Number one band I wish would have recorded more material.

I want to like CIC but it's just too tech for me.

I'm normally not too into mathy/tech stuff either, but CIC is a major exception. Their riffs sound like a bunch of dial-up modems going rogue.
Ough

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Grimlock owns

http://store.nghtrhthms.com
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vision of Disorder's early output was good. S/T and Imprint.
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vision of Disorder's early output was good. S/T and Imprint.

VOD used to play here what seem like every other weekend in the mid 90's
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Kvlt wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:
Abnegation played a show with New Day Rising (funny enough) and after their set, the singer started crying because "the fetus is a life"

Abnegation played what ended up being one Chokehold's last shows which took place in Buffalo, and had a nice long verbal sparing match with Chokehold due Chokehold being pro-choice and Abnegation being pro-life, quite amazing.

if anyone owns the Chokehold - Content with Dying LP, you can see a picture from the that show with a very young me clearly in it.

Did you ever get a chance to see Arkangel or Day of Suffering live?

DOS was booked to play here and never showed up (go figure) never seen Arkangel

The reunion show they played a few years ago in their hometown was amazing. Maybe 40 or so of us there, half their old local friends and half people who traveled from around the country. Jimmy from Undying filled in on second guitar. Speaking of which, has Undying been mentioned in this thread? Mandatory shit.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:
Abnegation played a show with New Day Rising (funny enough) and after their set, the singer started crying because "the fetus is a life"

Abnegation played what ended up being one Chokehold's last shows which took place in Buffalo, and had a nice long verbal sparing match with Chokehold due Chokehold being pro-choice and Abnegation being pro-life, quite amazing.

if anyone owns the Chokehold - Content with Dying LP, you can see a picture from the that show with a very young me clearly in it.

The reunion show they played a few years ago in their hometown was amazing. Maybe 40 or so of us there, half their old local friends and half people who traveled from around the country. Jimmy from Undying filled in on second guitar. Speaking of which, has Undying been mentioned in this thread? Mandatory shit.

I need go back and listen to "This Day All Gods Die", it's been awhile.
I saw the video of the reunion show, Chafin sounds just like he did on Eternal Jihad, ferocious.
danofort

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:

I saw some crappy footage from the reunion, wish I could've gone to it. I did see them in NC when I was in college and it was a great. I saw Undying a couple of times back then, too. They and Prayer For Cleansing played what seemed like every weekend and I loved it. Speaking of which, "The Rain in Endless Fall" is another classic from that era.

"This Day All Gods Die" is the best from Undying in my opinion, but "The Whispered Lies of Angels" has some great tracks, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZDYL5ElCw4
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jihad was a very underrated band from the 90s

Seen them once at the 1st Cleveland fest and they were incredible

Pretty sure they have a 7 and a split 12
W. Helm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Arkangel a bunch of times in their early Lacoste tracking suits wearing days. They were always vicious, but I was 14 or 15 years old so everything was impressive to me.

Closest thing to Day of Suffering I ever saw was Heaven Shall Burn doing a cover at a fest in Germany. That was awesome!
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W. Helm wrote:
Saw Arkangel a bunch of times in their early Lacoste tracking suits wearing days. They were always vicious, but I was 14 or 15 years old so everything was impressive to me.

Closest thing to Day of Suffering I ever saw was Heaven Shall Burn doing a cover at a fest in Germany. That was awesome!

Sounds like a blast. I still think Dead Man Walking is one of the most vicious albums ever released, nothing matches the intensity in that genre.
Numerator41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some good Arkangel footage from late '90s/early 2000s on youtube. Their later stuff unfortunately doesn't sustain the ferocity of the first EP and album, but I like the one track with the dude from Kickback on vocals.
sabeth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think anyone's mentioned Ire yet. Another heavy crust/ hc/ metal blend active during the mid to late 90s, and most of their recorded output absolutely stood the test of time. Some of the members went on to form The Black Hand.

In reverse chrono order (there are a few more, but these are my favorites).

What Seed, What Root:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbEwgmwRLkM&list=PLQ70P2gKUNTzYZT_THvBqXp-0-IuFRBSU

I Discern an Overtone of Tragedy in Your Voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-3bons7c94

s/t EP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFNTBL_Nh1k
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undying - Live in Berkeley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJBqLTqqos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: