P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica Death Magnetic 5lp box question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to each his own then...
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HisEmissary wrote:
i remember an interview/feature on metallica not long before the release of the black album in american fag bible DETAILS MAGAZINE. in it, larz and kirk admit to sleeping together in the nude.

Yeah and they were probably dead serious about it too...
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Why waste time with this garbage? You can find a million thrash bands these days playing better thrash. This is worse than the worst LA fun thrash.

Haha, are you sure man? I think that scene is fucking gay and horrible... I don't think there is anything crappier than that scene.

zbielak wrote:
kind of, fresh, varied, from slayer to death angel to metallica, very metal indeed. much more technical than proclamation and morbosidad

What the fuck! Laughing
zbielak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am amazed by the outcry caused by my post heh...yet it is indeed a vain topic, since noone answered my question about contents of the Death Magnetic BOX so it is totally uninformative, and indeed a waste of time to continue. Btw, isn't music about Music in the first place anymore? As die-hard Blasphemobeheritianoanalvomitors you curiously welter in NWOBHM threads like crazy, yet metallica is utter shit Smile thats funny. Mainstream is mainstream, whether you like it or not you envious cunts Smile but music is Music, and it's pretty obvious enthusiasm for MUSIC itself is a rare bird here on the forum unless band carries goat-blood drenched spikes and Ohlin-impersonator shreds of cerecloth :)Which other bands are gonna cause that much intolerant moronic fuss? Slayer maybe....cmon bring it on:)

I suggest a new topic: "101 reasons to piss on Slayer"
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HisEmissary wrote:
i remember an interview/feature on metallica not long before the release of the black album in american fag bible DETAILS MAGAZINE. in it, larz and kirk admit to sleeping together in the nude. total fags til death. i wish the bus rolled over on that curly haired twink instead.

Good material for a Metal trivia quiz. What's the link between Satanic warmaster and Metallica?
vk666

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zbielak wrote:
Well, I am amazed by the outcry caused by my post heh...yet it is indeed a vain topic, since noone answered my question about contents of the Death Magnetic BOX so it is totally uninformative, and indeed a waste of time to continue. Btw, isn't music about Music in the first place anymore? As die-hard Blasphemobeheritianoanalvomitors you curiously welter in NWOBHM threads like crazy, yet metallica is utter shit Smile thats funny. Mainstream is mainstream, whether you like it or not you envious cunts Smile but music is Music, and it's pretty obvious enthusiasm for MUSIC itself is a rare bird here on the forum unless band carries goat-blood drenched spikes and Ohlin-impersonator shreds of cerecloth :)Which other bands are gonna cause that much intolerant moronic fuss? Slayer maybe....cmon bring it on:)

Without trying to be (too much of) an argumentative asshole, thats bullshit. Last 18(ish?) years of Metallica is utter crap. For me personally they've been utterly overrated since day 1 but I can understand nostalgia making people still have feelings for first 4 records. Slayer first 4 albums (+Haunting of course!) utterly destroy anything Metallica did, and Dark Angel and Possessed do the same to Slayer IMO. If you don't like it that Metallica aren't venerated as the elder statesmen, then you should try cleaning out your ears and play some actual metal. Lets face it, they were no Mercyful Fate!! At the very least Fate always had a drummer who could play properly and guitar solos that wasn't semi constant Wah pedals abuse Wink

Seems to me most of the people here actually ARE possessed by metal and not just a narrow spectrum of it either. Thats what I like about this forum as opposed to, say, FMP. You were totally on point about your original post not being answered and thus this thread being pointless, however those grandiose sweeping statements were a bit retarded ha ha

Ok rant over... my 2 cents turned into 20 bucks!

Edit-my retardo engrish
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Metallica back to roots? Again?
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
karimlan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zbielak wrote:

Mate, the reason why your question regarding the contents of the box set wasn't answered is because most of the folks here on the board wouldn't bother buying it.

As for the bigger picture of Metallica and what not, I'm still a fan of that young American, Alcoholic band that put out Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets and And Justice For All but sadly that band is long gone now.

Fuck, here was a band that was so hard out into Metal that whilst their peers were coming up with names like Slayer, Exodus, Dark Angel, Anthrax, etc they decided to take a name that was so corny but just said it all in one hit and now what it is for them is just a recognized brand name that serves the purpose of building up their retirement fund.

5 LP Box set? Given their track record in business, this is just them realizing that there's a whole bunch of 30 and 40 somethings who are willing to buy something to remind them of their youth and have the disposable income to do so.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
So Metallica back to roots? Again?

Hehe, at least this time some of it can remind of you the glory days.
The record is fair, but that's all.
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First up, calling METALLICA "utterly overrated since day 1" is like stating "BON JOVI are heavier than HELLHAMMER", PERIOD!! All this METALLICA bashing actually amuses me, be it here or on bloody "Blabbermouth". What do people expect? All that garbage, that the media is feeding them, like "a great mixture of "And Justice For All" and the Black album"! It fucking isn't! Just because it has some more uptempo riffing and -rehashed- solos on it, doesn't make it sound like a hungry band. Nor do they do this for the money, as they've more bucks than all users of this forum and their families combined. I actually really believe, that they tried very hard to get that early sparkle going on, but eventually failed, because you simply can't fake hunger and ambition, while having zillions of bucks on the bank, intact family lives etc. and I don't blame them. I think "Death Magnetic" is a decent album, but nothing more, as it just tries a little too hard, and this is where it fails. Talking about people completely negating "St. Anger" while praising this one, this is simply ridiculous, as it's got still lots of the same ingredients, talking about crunchy uptempo riffing and the later more groovy stylistics. Production is better and there are solos, so what's the big deal about the "They're back"-Bollocks!? On an ending note, sorry mate, can't help you either with the vinyl-box question, as I didn't grab that one as well, as don't wanna flip a record after one song each. Wink
P.S.
And yezz, maybe one gets sometimes caught up in a nostalgia frenzy, thazz why a was expecting so much more from this album, silly me... Rolling Eyes
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karimlan wrote:
Mate, the reason why your question regarding the contents of the box set wasn't answered is because most of the folks here on the board wouldn't bother buying it.

All is summed up in this sentence.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: