P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

THIS SUCKS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sammi Curr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy one if he'd repress it... :p
snaps666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as there's people willing to pay top $$$ for DIE HARD releases this will happend. Nothing you can do about it.

I do understand, that it's anoying to see a release selling for 5 times the original sales price if you missed it in the first place. But still most people would say it's ok if it's sold like 2-3 years after original release date for 10 times the sales price.

So it's ok to buy and re-sell if you wait a year or 2? How long should people wait untill they sell and earn $$$?

On top of this, everyone agrees, it's ok to buy double or triple for trading.
Is this realy much different? You buy the extras to trade them for rare and expensive stuff = earn money (if you look at the value of the stuff you get in the trade compared to the price you paid for the extra LPs).

And would it be ok, if I bought an extra DieHard whatever, sold it on ebay for 100$, and spend the 100$ on another rare DieHard something that I missed in the first place? Compared to if I just traded mmy spare DieHard for the one I missed?

Same shit if you ask me...
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:
As long as there's people willing to pay top $$$ for DIE HARD releases this will happend. Nothing you can do about it.

I do understand, that it's anoying to see a release selling for 5 times the original sales price if you missed it in the first place. But still most people would say it's ok if it's sold like 2-3 years after original release date for 10 times the sales price.

So it's ok to buy and re-sell if you wait a year or 2? How long should people wait untill they sell and earn $$$?

On top of this, everyone agrees, it's ok to buy double or triple for trading.
Is this realy much different? You buy the extras to trade them for rare and expensive stuff = earn money (if you look at the value of the stuff you get in the trade compared to the price you paid for the extra LPs).

And would it be ok, if I bought an extra DieHard whatever, sold it on ebay for 100$, and spend the 100$ on another rare DieHard something that I missed in the first place? Compared to if I just traded mmy spare DieHard for the one I missed?

Same shit if you ask me...

Exactly. This post should be made a "Sticky" and posted on top the forum with the subject "Attn: Whiners"
Chit019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah I dont think he's whining, He's just letting his steam out, you know that feeling, I'm sure everybody here does. Laughing
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
nah I dont think he's whining, He's just letting his steam out, you know that feeling, I'm sure everybody here does. Laughing

I know. It's nothing personal against anyone posting here, but I think these frustrations come up a lot and this post serves as a good reminder to all of us (me included) that this is just part of the way things work. Luckily, there are always plenty of regular editions to be had when the die hards are gone.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:

At least if someone sells it in a year or two it may indicate they actually listened to it unlike people who put it on ebay within days of it going on sale.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
Luckily, there are always plenty of regular editions to be had when the die hards are gone.

Exactly. There are a few die hards sorely missed in my collection (Live Ritual & FAOD), but otherwise I don't really care about them. I don't have use for posters, pins, patches etc. Nor do I always have money to order anything, so it's easier to choose not to care about die hards Laughing .
Now when I finally got the regular versions of INRI & Root Dema box, I couldn't care less about the die hard versions. Both are absolutely great in every detail.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone is a fucking moron if you are with the idea of buying multiple copies of a die hard to sell on ebay when it is sold out.

I'm sure Yosuke makes just about his money back for what he paid to press these releases, but the idea of people buying these just to make money is gay... It seems there interested more in money than the music.

That's just my opinion...
snaps666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
I think anyone is a fucking moron if you are with the idea of buying multiple copies of a die hard to sell on ebay when it is sold out.

So, anyone who buys multple copies to trade for other rare and overpriced DIE HARD is a fuckin moron aswell?

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
... the idea of people buying these just to make money is gay... It seems there interested more in money than the music.

And it's gay to sell stuff with a profit?

Then the whole idea of limited and DIE HARD versions is paradise for people who likes dick in the ass...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's annoying but this is what happens with all records pretty much. I would've done 1000 die hards if I had know how well they would sell. I had no idea Midnight was this popular.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Opolus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote THE SMITHS:"The story is old, I know, but it goes on!" Wink
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:
H.K.Blasphemer wrote:

So, anyone who buys multple copies to trade for other rare and overpriced DIE HARD is a fuckin moron aswell?

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
... the idea of people buying these just to make money is gay... It seems there interested more in money than the music.

And it's gay to sell stuff with a profit?

Then the whole idea of limited and DIE HARD versions is paradise for people who likes dick in the ass...

Pretty much.
tom245

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
I got two die hards. One to offer for trade. Is that a problem, too?

Well, yes, in my opinion. I don't see why this is different. Either way you're taking limited LPs away from the label for your own benefit. Trading isn't any different. you wouldn't have bought two copies if you intended to trade one for a $20 LP.

It also means that labels start to limit die-hards to one per customer so friends who could really have their stuff sent together pay for postage twice.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
IXTAB wrote:

Well, yes, in my opinion. I don't see why this is different. Either way you're taking limited LPs away from the label for your own benefit. Trading isn't any different. you wouldn't have bought two copies if you intended to trade one for a $20 LP.

It also means that labels start to limit die-hards to one per customer so friends who could really have their stuff sent together pay for postage twice.

What he said!
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
tom245 wrote:
IXTAB wrote:

What he said!

Are you suggesting that it's only "OK" to trade things you have only one copy of, or you can trade an extra as long as you bought/acquired that extra aftermarket (not directly from the label)? If so, that seems ridiculous to me. I bought an extra copy of the DOOM SNAKE CULT die hard recently from an online store for $16 with the intent to trade it. Is it OK that I bought it from somewhere else (not NWN!)? Does this also cross the line? These rules are so complicated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: