P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USPS Bitch thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skulv wrote:
I was looking for this thread the other day when the USPS tracking data told me my copy of Grave Upheaval sailed right past my house and arrived in Los Angeles...6 hours south of where I live....

I'd be surprised if not every parcel from NWN to you follows the same course. I assume they have some protocol as to the route a package takes from a given zip code to another, based on method of delivery. Since media mail is the lowest priority for them, it's not surprising that it would take a circuitous route. It would seem strange if they ever deviated from that protocol.
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Kojiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assume they go to a central sorting facility (for security purposes) and then to their destination. It happens everywhere but since Cali is such a huge state it is more pronounced.

Keep the hate train rollin'
skulv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
skulv wrote:
I was looking for this thread the other day when the USPS tracking data told me my copy of Grave Upheaval sailed right past my house and arrived in Los Angeles...6 hours south of where I live....

I'd be surprised if not every parcel from NWN to you follows the same course. I assume they have some protocol as to the route a package takes from a given zip code to another, based on method of delivery. Since media mail is the lowest priority for them, it's not surprising that it would take a circuitous route. It would seem strange if they ever deviated from that protocol.

It seems to be 50-50. There have been numerous times where the item shows up a day or two after I place the order but sometimes larger packages (big orders or grave upheaval boxes) seem to go a weird route. USPS tracking now says the item is back in SF so Iím sure itíll just be a matter of time at this point.
L_Z_V

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently sold some tapes on ebay and got completely annihilated by shipping. Does it REALLY cost $15 to ship ONE cassette tape to Australia from the US? I haven't mailed anything out in a few years but that can't possibly be right. I don't know how to navigate ebays printable labels, is it maybe cheaper to do it that way??
Funeral Thirst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L_Z_V wrote:
I recently sold some tapes on ebay and got completely annihilated by shipping. Does it REALLY cost $15 to ship ONE cassette tape to Australia from the US? I haven't mailed anything out in a few years but that can't possibly be right. I don't know how to navigate ebays printable labels, is it maybe cheaper to do it that way??

Used to cost me like $8 going from Aus to the US, but that was a few years ago. Generally when I buy a single tape or two from a seller in the US shipping is anywhere in between $15-20, it really sucks.

Just makes things so much more expensive.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L_Z_V wrote:

Anything more than 1/2 inch thick is no longer a letter. 13.50 or more.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
dAHMER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
We used to have a deliverer who was extremely consistent and actually gave our dogs treats if they were out in the yard when she came by. Then she had health issues and we started getting issues with irregular deliverers. That's when I got a PO box to remove one link in the delivery chain and have never had a real problem since, unless you consider occasionally having to wait in a long PO line just for a pick-up. PO boxes are relatively expensive, but worth it in my case.

It crossed my mind but as of now, I'd say it's not worth it. I get everything I order and it comes in good shape, it just comes the day after it went out for delivery. Definitely a first world problem not worth spending money on. I just can't shake the feeling my mail carrier isn't even trying and that's what bothers me most.
Nichts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Nichts on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
L_Z_V

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funeral Thirst wrote:
Used to cost me like $8 going from Aus to the US, but that was a few years ago. Generally when I buy a single tape or two from a seller in the US shipping is anywhere in between $15-20, it really sucks.

Just makes things so much more expensive.

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Anything more than 1/2 inch thick is no longer a letter. 13.50 or more.

Good to know. I've ordered loads of tapes from there in the past and never had an issue with the shipping costing so much from their end. Prices seem to have skyrocketed over the past few years.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to pick up a package from NWN and was welcomed to this:

The picture might not show it well, but the dent went about half the depth of the box and the other side was also dented, likely from being smashed into whatever was below it. I was convinced there would be broken records inside, but to the testament of YK's packing there were not. The covers were badly bent of course, and there's a slight warp present upon playing all 3, but things could've been so much worse.
Bones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've got one for you guys. I already emailed Unspeakable Axe about this but please understand this is 1000% not his fault.

I received this today instead of my 2 Hellish albums I purchased last week

Edit: Took a new picture to show this package is from UA.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My package with Solstice's White Horse Hill album arrived at the hub next to my house at the beginning of August and his since, been "Transported to next Facility" (with no specific information provided other than just that phrase) 3 times ending on August 4th. From there it seems to have disappeared into the ether. This happened a few months ago with a zine I ordered... It never showed up Confused

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
amon-goethe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
My package with Solstice's White Horse Hill album arrived at the hub next to my house at the beginning of August and his since, been "Transported to next Facility" (with no specific information provided other than just that phrase) 3 times ending on August 4th. From there it seems to have disappeared into the ether. This happened a few months ago with a zine I ordered... It never showed up Confused

This has happened to me many times. Go on the full USPS site and email the where is my mail section and they'll fix it hopefully. Unfortunately the automated mail search option doesn't do shit.
power_hazard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracking for a small package says it went out for delivery this morning. Then at 4PM changes to "Held at Post Office, At Customer Request". No slip in my box or anything.
Wantlist: www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1167411#1167411
Darkhivist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mail arrives while I'm at work usually. Two weeks ago I got a delivery and the note said "Left with individual." my wife was at work and so was I. Package was there, but usps said that sometimes the driver just picks a delivery code at random.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: