P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USPS Bitch thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amon-goethe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graceless Recordings wrote:
Ough wrote:
Recently got rid of my P.O. Box after nearly 30 years. The fucking postman has been leaving packs ON TOP OF THE FUCKING MAIL BOX. I live in the middle of nowhere in the woods and my driveway is long but FUCK would it kill them to bring boxes to the door at least?! Especially if I am home. The one time he DID did this he left the box in the rain. Maybe I should remove the "Beware Of Dog" signs?

No fucking way would I roam up in someones yard with a sign like that. Isn't that the point?

True but UPS / Fed Ex do it. I think I need to camp out at the mail box and tell him to bring the packs up and granted, I do have a pitbull, he will not eat anyone unless I tell him to. Laughing

Ghoul is a good boy
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amon-goethe wrote:
Ough wrote:
Recently got rid of my P.O. Box after nearly 30 years. The fucking postman has been leaving packs ON TOP OF THE FUCKING MAIL BOX. I live in the middle of nowhere in the woods and my driveway is long but FUCK would it kill them to bring boxes to the door at least?! Especially if I am home. The one time he DID did this he left the box in the rain. Maybe I should remove the "Beware Of Dog" signs?

No fucking way would I roam up in someones yard with a sign like that. Isn't that the point?

True but UPS / Fed Ex do it. I think I need to camp out at the mail box and tell him to bring the packs up and granted, I do have a pitbull, he will not eat anyone unless I tell him to. Laughing

Ghoul is a good boy

Wink
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Cosmic Church Dlp has been sitting in US customs for a full week now. Never had that happen before! Anyone experiencing longer than normal wait times with US customs?
AngleOffDeeth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord pazzuzu wrote:
My Cosmic Church Dlp has been sitting in US customs for a full week now. Never had that happen before! Anyone experiencing longer than normal wait times with US customs?

USPS during holiday season always slows down. And it's not just customs either. I've had a package sitting 2 hours away from me for 3 days now.
SilenceEater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in a big order with Dark Descent in Dec. I checked tracking this morning because I couldn't believe it hasn't arrived yet, turns out it sat in Atlanta for almost a week (I live just outside the city). It was shipped to the post office in the town next to mine two days ago and then yesterday it was shipped to Tenn. and now it's out for delivery.... in Tenn. GA USPS is the absolute WORST
darkishdarkness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mailman doesn't deliver shit half the time. I've had packages left as "notice left"/no access, but no one rang the doorbell or anything. Every time I complain about how shitty of a job he does, the guy actually waits at my door to puff up his chest and confront me. "GOT A PROBLEM, BRO?"
Scorn Pole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a patch from ebay only to see that the tracking listed it as en route to New London, Connecticut, same post code and all. It still arrived in New Zealand somehow so I don't know how that fuck up happened.

Currently I'm beginning to fear for one of my MOD orders, I placed two orders about a week apart towards the end of last year. So far the second one has arrived but no sign of the first order.

Also DHL has taken over 6 weeks to get a NWN package to me and it's only in Germany or something now. I get the holiday rush and everything but that's a fucking long time from USA to NZ.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I had 2 packages registered from same vendor. same size/weight/parcel container. shipped same day and time.

arrived to customs and exited customs with same day/time stamp.

(I'm in central-ish PA)

1 of them came here directly like 2 days later.
the other
sat in Queens for 2 days, then went an extra 100 miles past me, then today went to the wrong post office about 30 miles away. Employee said "system says it's out for delivery". I said, this is a registered package to a PO BOX. she looked clueless when I continued to explain how that's a double-level failure. Finally the manager told me to come back tomorrow, he would call the regional postmaster and make sure its on the right truck tonight. I'm not sure that's appropriate for registered mail, but at this point, what shit do I give?

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
dAHMER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to file a complain against a mailman? I know this is pretty minor, but at least 3 times in the last year at my current address something with tracking will be "out for delivery" and then at the end of the day, the status changes to either "delivery attempt failed" or (in today's case) "could not access the delivery location" (which is my front porch). It always shows up the next business day, but it's annoying as Hell and I get the distinct impression he just doesn't want to do his job so says it's my fault I didn't get my mail and calls it a day. Mad
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dAHMER wrote:
Is there a way to file a complain against a mailman? I know this is pretty minor, but at least 3 times in the last year at my current address something with tracking will be "out for delivery" and then at the end of the day, the status changes to either "delivery attempt failed" or (in today's case) "could not access the delivery location" (which is my front porch). It always shows up the next business day, but it's annoying as Hell and I get the distinct impression he just doesn't want to do his job so says it's my fault I didn't get my mail and calls it a day. Mad

you can go online and file a complaint or call/go into your local post office, honestly doubt they will do anything. I was having a problem with my postman never leaving the slip for international orders, letting me know I needed to go and sign for it at the post office.

after the 3rd time of this happening I complained, they said they would talk to him. guess what, happened again. thankfully i have a new postman on this route and he's been cool.
dAHMER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Kvlt wrote:
dAHMER wrote:

you can go online and file a complaint or call/go into your local post office, honestly doubt they will do anything. I was having a problem with my postman never leaving the slip for international orders, letting me know I needed to go and sign for it at the post office.

after the 3rd time of this happening I complained, they said they would talk to him. guess what, happened again. thankfully i have a new postman on this route and he's been cool.

I had a feeling that complaining would be futile at best, maybe even cause me more problems at worst. But at least I know I can do something if it keeps up or gets worse. Thanks.

It's just so odd to me, though. I've never had this problem until I moved to this address, and I'll get other mail, just not the shit I'm tracking. Today I got bills, but not the delay pedal I was waiting for that was "out for delivery". What the fuck???
dAHMER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the situation with my mail has continued. I spoke to somebody with the USPS and they told me anything that arrives at the destination post office gets flagged "out for delivery" even if it's not actually out for delivery. Sounds like bullshit to me, but unfortunately their website backs this up:

"When a mailpiece receives the physical scan “arrival at unit” at the USPS facility which will deliver the mailpiece, the event “Out for Delivery” is created."
https://about.usps.com/publications/pub97/pub97_appi.htm

Funny how this has never been an issue before until recently. Just sounds like legalese to cover their ass when somebody doesn't do their job. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. Confused
skulv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for this thread the other day when the USPS tracking data told me my copy of Grave Upheaval sailed right past my house and arrived in Los Angeles...6 hours south of where I live....
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dAHMER wrote:
Well, the situation with my mail has continued. I spoke to somebody with the USPS and they told me anything that arrives at the destination post office gets flagged "out for delivery" even if it's not actually out for delivery. Sounds like bullshit to me, but unfortunately their website backs this up:

"When a mailpiece receives the physical scan “arrival at unit” at the USPS facility which will deliver the mailpiece, the event “Out for Delivery” is created."
https://about.usps.com/publications/pub97/pub97_appi.htm

Funny how this has never been an issue before until recently. Just sounds like legalese to cover their ass when somebody doesn't do their job. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. Confused

We used to have a deliverer who was extremely consistent and actually gave our dogs treats if they were out in the yard when she came by. Then she had health issues and we started getting issues with irregular deliverers. That's when I got a PO box to remove one link in the delivery chain and have never had a real problem since, unless you consider occasionally having to wait in a long PO line just for a pick-up. PO boxes are relatively expensive, but worth it in my case.
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skulv wrote:
I was looking for this thread the other day when the USPS tracking data told me my copy of Grave Upheaval sailed right past my house and arrived in Los Angeles...6 hours south of where I live....

Bell Gardens? This used to happen to every couple orders I would place. The Post Office where he ships them from seems to make this routing error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: