P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

How would you handle this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
s.charlach



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 3144
Location: ...am Hexenstieg (Germany)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Nosliw wrote:
CR99 wrote:
I have a vinyl color misprint. That's the only cool type of misprint you can get


How can there by a vinyl colour misprint? I heard of mis-pressed CD's with the wrong music but this? Strange...


Faulty colors when the granulate runs out...

By the way it's "just" a Finntroll LP, but the one that is actually great (Visor Om Slutet)


So let's spice it up a bit. I was quite surprised seeing this picture of "December Moon", Reaper Records. Sure, there's red and black vinyl, but a mix of both and kind of transparent? What the bloody...




Never seen a copy like that with my own eyes, but it looks great. Guess it's also such a previously described mistake in the production. Anyone with more infos?
_________________
Chief Darragh Invictus wrote:
Everything good comes in packs, wolves and beer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Professor Black



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2127
Location: Evil Nation USA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks quite cool! But can we be sure that's not just the lighting of the photo?

According to Hellbutcher there was at least one copy of 13 Years LP mispressed on white vinyl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9620
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Nosliw wrote:
CR99 wrote:
I have a vinyl color misprint. That's the only cool type of misprint you can get


How can there by a vinyl colour misprint? I heard of mis-pressed CD's with the wrong music but this? Strange...


Faulty colors when the granulate runs out...

By the way it's "just" a Finntroll LP, but the one that is actually great (Visor Om Slutet)


So let's spice it up a bit. I was quite surprised seeing this picture of "December Moon", Reaper Records. Sure, there's red and black vinyl, but a mix of both and kind of transparent? What the bloody...




Never seen a copy like that with my own eyes, but it looks great. Guess it's also such a previously described mistake in the production. Anyone with more infos?


Extremely cool. In that case, this would be a mixing probably of the remains of the old red vinyl run and the black vinyl run that followed. It seems clear because a lamp is right behind it, try that with every opaque color LP and every one will look like being sort of clear

My case is a different one, I guess they ran out of green granulate here.
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krawling kaos



Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 194
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
A while ago I bought MORTIIS' Fodt til a Herske in a used CD store and there was a MOTOWN CD in there instead. Went back to the store and they found the MORTIIS album for me without a fuss, haha.


but maybe you should of stuck with the motown? Laughing
_________________
"Great holes secretley are digged where earth's pores ought to suffice, and things have learnt to walk that ought to crawl..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nocturnal Deathstrike



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 2281

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
s.charlach wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Nosliw wrote:
CR99 wrote:
I have a vinyl color misprint. That's the only cool type of misprint you can get


How can there by a vinyl colour misprint? I heard of mis-pressed CD's with the wrong music but this? Strange...


Faulty colors when the granulate runs out...

By the way it's "just" a Finntroll LP, but the one that is actually great (Visor Om Slutet)


So let's spice it up a bit. I was quite surprised seeing this picture of "December Moon", Reaper Records. Sure, there's red and black vinyl, but a mix of both and kind of transparent? What the bloody...




Never seen a copy like that with my own eyes, but it looks great. Guess it's also such a previously described mistake in the production. Anyone with more infos?


Extremely cool. In that case, this would be a mixing probably of the remains of the old red vinyl run and the black vinyl run that followed. It seems clear because a lamp is right behind it, try that with every opaque color LP and every one will look like being sort of clear

My case is a different one, I guess they ran out of green granulate here.


Yes, that´s my guess too ! I think most pressplants do throw those copies away, the pressplant where I do 7" vinyl they do those in an extra box. Usually about 5-6 copies look that mixed, some more colour some more black... Sometimes I do get copies without labels or with big holes too. That´s pretty cool !

[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9620
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool collector thing indeed, nice looks and very few copies existing
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fukk, that Nocturnal vinyl looks so fukkin great!!!!!!

I really should check our vinyls. I know we have had some green colours in some clear vinyls, which looked also cool I do not know what happened to them. Mrs. Hellfukker just said "that we cannot sell these to the people", because they could be getting angry or something like that. I didn't follow that at all, so I think these are gone...

Next time I have to check, maybe there is something really cool looking...
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Typhon



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 936
Location: Some place else

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


I have to quote Masters Throne
Quote:
Fukk, that Nocturnal vinyl looks so fukkin great!!!!!!
Esp. the middle one looks nice!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s.charlach



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 3144
Location: ...am Hexenstieg (Germany)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhon wrote:

I have to quote Masters Throne
Quote:
Fukk, that Nocturnal vinyl looks so fukkin great!!!!!!


I don't like coloured vinyl at all as the chosen colours simply suck in general, but if there'd be an intended pressing like the middle one I'd surely become weak. Man, the smoke-like black looks almost vivid, like it wafts through the green.
_________________
Chief Darragh Invictus wrote:
Everything good comes in packs, wolves and beer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9620
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the black cloud on Nocturnal and Morbid looks awesome. My LP looks like some alien jizz in gelatine unfortunately haha
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Motorbreath86



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 158
Location: So Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:


Mr. Avenger, I need the one in the middle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3703
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
I have an Incantation CD with mariachi music on it.


Do you mena about THIS Incantation? I have a Incantation maniac who NEED to life this stuff.


Ther's also vinyl missprint of Seasons in the Abyss. On the B side is one australian rock band, dont remember witch one, but who cares. Fucking collectable!
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Nocturnal Deathstrike



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 2281

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorbreath86 wrote:
Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:


Mr. Avenger, I need the one in the middle.


Those copies are in possession of the band members ! Dont think anyone would give it away Very Happy At least I wont !
The pressplant even did 5 copies of the live 7" in a glow in the dark edition, just as a test for theirselves !
They look cool, but sound horrible Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group