P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How would you handle this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
Misprints often sell for insane prices. At least of bigger, more mainstream bands (Metallica, Beatles, etc.).

Yes, I can imagine that, but that is absolutely bullshit. I would not spend a single cent if knowing that...

I do not know why I didn't change the CD back then (ordered it from EMP), but mainly because it was so funny...

I'm sure the novelty has worn off somewhat these days! Razz

If I were you I would stick it on ebay and hope some moronic prick actually spends money on it!

I actually remember buying a missprint of the Archgoat/Beherit split which contained Legion of Doom apparently. Not funny, just an example.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a RUNNING WILD "Branded and Exiled" CD with "Gates to Purgatory" on it instead. Now that's rare!
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Incantation CD with mariachi music on it.

I have an "intentional misprint" also. There's a fairly well-known Motorhead bootleg called "Lemmymania", and the labels on it (at least the 2 copies I've seen) are for The Hellcats and a bunch of made up songtitles. This was probably so the plant wouldn't know what they were pressing. When I first got it I thought the seller had made a mistake. I was extremely pissed off for the 30 seconds between opening the parcel and putting the LP on the stereo...!
GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used to manage a record store in the late 80s,
some lady brought in a KENNY G (really lame pop-jazz) CD that actually had HELLOWEEN - Keeper of the 7 Keys on the CD!!!
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
I actually remember buying a missprint of the Archgoat/Beherit split which contained Legion of Doom apparently. Not funny, just an example.

What the fuck? That has happened to me as well. Confused Did you by any chance get your CD from Goatowarex?
Nosliw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
I have a vinyl color misprint. That's the only cool type of misprint you can get

How can there by a vinyl colour misprint? I heard of mis-pressed CD's with the wrong music but this? Strange...

Anyways, I bought a used Corrosion of Conformity album, which was Wiseblood, I think. When I opened the CD case up, it was a fucking Radiohead CD, all scratched up.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Evil or Very Mad

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
krawling kaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
I got and still have "Benediction" Transcend the Rubicon CD mispress with another music on it (sounds REALLY like HEINO = one of the biggest Exports Germany has to offer, hehe). I do not know what to do with that, but I have it here since more than 14 years, haha. I think I will sell it soon too...

The only other country Heino ever had success in was Argentina. go figure.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krawling kaos wrote:
masters_throne wrote:
I got and still have "Benediction" Transcend the Rubicon CD mispress with another music on it (sounds REALLY like HEINO = one of the biggest Exports Germany has to offer, hehe). I do not know what to do with that, but I have it here since more than 14 years, haha. I think I will sell it soon too...

That's not true. Sold out tours in China, Japan etc. Hits, Top Ten Songs outside Germany (Switzerland, Austria...). The cult is alive... Rolling Eyes

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
krawling kaos wrote:
masters_throne wrote:

That's not true. Sold out tours in China, Japan etc. Hits, Top Ten Songs outside Germany (Switzerland, Austria...). The cult is alive... Rolling Eyes

and not to forget his appearance on the Morke demo tape Laughing Laughing
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, that was magnificent...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
CR99 wrote:
I have a vinyl color misprint. That's the only cool type of misprint you can get

How can there by a vinyl colour misprint? I heard of mis-pressed CD's with the wrong music but this? Strange...

Faulty colors when the granulate runs out...

My LP is a clear vinyl with strange green splatter alike strings. Normally they were all on opaque green vinyl.

Also it can happen when a record gets multiple color vinyl releases. I'm not sure how , but maybe uncleared color stains from the pressing run before can get to the new pressing and cause a similar splatter alike thing to the first few LPs. Satan's Host reissue has 13 secret yellow black "splatter" vinyls apart from the normal special edition on yellow vinyl and the regular on black vinyl. They don't look like the normal splatter thing, just cloudy strings as mine. Graven Image reissue has some marble vinyls from their white and black pressings, only 8 or so. It's always just a handful.

Horror Records and Fils Du Metal Records decided to give them away as special editions. In my case, Goat Spell Records sold them as a regular and I was lucky to get one.

By the way it's "just" a Finntroll LP, but the one that is actually great (Visor Om Slutet)
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago I bought MORTIIS' Fodt til a Herske in a used CD store and there was a MOTOWN CD in there instead. Went back to the store and they found the MORTIIS album for me without a fuss, haha.

I have the GONTYNA KRY demo compilation, and although the music is correct, the CD itself has a misprint; they pressed this CD with the design they used for their full-length. Fun little oddity in my collection.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
I'm not sure how , but maybe uncleared color stains from the pressing run before can get to the new pressing and cause a similar splatter alike thing to the first few LPs.

Vinyl pressing machines are supposed to be cleaned when changeing from one colour to another. If you don't clean them, the colours somehow melt together until one one remains. This was broken english, I know.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
huja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:

By the way it's "just" a Finntroll LP, but the one that is actually great (Visor Om Slutet)

which label released this? do you have pictures of it?
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goat Spell in 2003. I think the label is now defunct and the green LP limited to 500 copies is quite hard to find now...at least a year ago one went for 50€

That's my vinyl

It also comes with an insert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: