P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SARCOFAGUS - Unreleased album!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: SARCOFAGUS - Unreleased album!!! Reply with quote

Flag this message
SARCOFAGUS - Live in Studio 1979 CD / MOOTTORILINNUT DVD !!! Buy or Die !!!Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:50 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Metal Dealer" <morbidsodomizer@yahoo.com>View contact details
To: morbidsodomizer@yahoo.com
Hi!

Finally the most important finnish act SARCOFAGUS / KIMMO KUUSNIEMI has put out unreleased material and the longtime wanted DVD of MOOTTORILINNUT!!!

This is the best offer from finnish Heavy scene from the past!
No more words needed! A must for every true Heavy Metal Maniac!!!
Get it before it´s too late, this true piece of history!!!

Sarcofagus: LIVE IN STUDIO 1979 CD
RELEASED FOR THE 1ST TIME! THE MISSING SARCOFAGUS ALBUM

This is the first time "Sarcofagus: Live in Studio 1979" has been released. The Finnish radio played some songs from the original recording, which led to our record deal and the first single. This tape was made in Pan Studio, Helsinki Finland, during one day recording session in May 1979. Guitar, bass&drums were recorded in one go onto a 8 track recorder, then the vocals, and some of the solos.

WHY WASN’T THIS ALBUM RELEASED IN 1979?

Well, as I have ADHD nothing is ever enough for me Smile First I convinced the record company that we need to go back to Studio to re-record the Single tracks “Go To Hell / All Those Lies”. Before the Single was out I talked us back into studio to record “Cycle Of Life” with new songs. So, this first studio recording was forgotten.

With the time limitations we had this can be seen as a "live" recording. These tracks clearly show the origins of Sarcofagus: heavy rock, blues, progressive rock and even some jazz. Like in our 1st single we had Sandy in drums instead of Ari-Pekka Roitto who played on “Cycle Of Life”. It was sad that Sandy had to leave the band for personal reasons. When I compare these earlier versions of “Back To Black” and “Here I am” to the newer versions on “Cycle Of Life” these earlier ones are much better: the band is much tighter and has more feel in the play. I think this whole album has a really nice honest “no gimmicks” live feel to it. To me this also has better overall “sound” than “Cycle Of Life”.

My favourites are the 3 songs that have never been re-recorded after this: “Lies”, “When I’m Gone”, “Thoughts of a Sculpture” (nothing to do with the track on the album Motorbirds!) I have been listening to this album quite a lot and it has opened again a closed chapter in the Sarcofagus history that we all had forgotten.

Also, what makes the timing right for releasing this “Missing Sarcofagus” album is that we are now working again with our 1st singer, Hannu Leiden. With Hannu we have re-recorded “Go To Hell” and “Astral Flyer”. There’s even been talk that we might do again the whole “Cycle Of Life” album as we all feel that the songs suffered from the tight studio times and the 70’s technology.

Since this is 1st time release we did not include any extras to it. We wanted to make the cover as it could have been in 1979 and our good friend and work colleague Matt Petch did exactly that! As can been seen from the pictures the band was still searching for the style we had later on.

This “Live In Studio 1979” 1st Sarcofagus album and the “Motorbirds” DVD now nicely complete the Sarcofagus history by telling the whole story to anyone who is interested in it Smile

The metamorphosis is quite drastic from this tape to to the "Motorbirds" album -in just 3 year’s time.

Kimmo Kuusniemi Band (Sarcofagus): Moottorilinnut (MOTORBIRDS) DVD

RELEASED FOR THE 1ST TIME IN IT’s ORIGINAL FORM!
ABOUT TIME!

It has been a long journey for this DVD to be released! This video was made in 1981 and then forgotten for 20 years. In 2000 Klaus Flaming and I started the search for one of the 2 original masters we knew existed... But after two years we had not found a single copy of the Motorbirds Video! It looked like we had lost it completely.

One year later we managed to find (maybe?) the only existing copy of it. Then followed 4 years of relentless work that kept me busy and away from this project. But now it’s finally here!

Originally Moottorilinnut (Motorbirds) came out under Kimmo Kuusniemi Band. It almost came out as KGB (Kimmo Guusniemi Band) and of course it should have come out as Sarcofagus as the band still had three original players (Kimmo Kuusniemi, Juha Kiminki and Esa Kotilainen).

It was supposed to have another cover but as the cover artist was “soon to be my ex-wife” I could not say: “That’s a bloody awful cover!” The alternative cover was used in the original album in the leaflet and also on the back.

THE NEW COVER

We wanted to stick to the original style but separate the DVD from the Motorbirds CD. So, now we have BOTH of the covers and we’ll leave it to you -the audience- to decide which one you want to use!

Also I went through the raw footage tapes that suddenly surfaced last year to get new pictures for the booklet. The back cover is from the 2004 Online Edition.

THE VIDEO

The video is in ORIGINAL FORM. It has all the mini stories tying the songs together. At the end it has the TV COMMERCIAL of the album. This is a truly Monty Python style TV Commercial Smile The Soundtrack is from the 2004 Digital Master.

Motorbirds Video was made in 1981. Back then we didn’t have video rentals or video sales, most people didn’t even have a VCR or a Colour TV.

The Net was a fishing term, Mobile Phone was two tin cans and a string, Computer was a pocket calculator... How did we survive?

Motorbirds was definitely the first Finnish full album length sales video ever. Probably the first in Scandinavia. I’m not even sure if there were any other similar Heavy Videos Internationally out back then (Judas Priest Live video came out in 1983). So we were the true pioneers of the music video age.

In 70s and early 80s the music videos were prominently made by Television Companies for their (very few) music programmes. They usually had just

the band playing and a few dance girls. Also there were few Music Feature Films like Led Zeppelin: “Song Remains The Same”. Story based videos

were just starting to appear. Motorbirds has a “story” connecting all the songs together and songs have images supporting the lyrics.
It was radical and innovative in those days Smile

The problem was that the video I was planning would have cost more than £500 000, in today’s currency.

So there I was, the first time Producer/Director, without any experience in video, putting together a very ambitious full album length story based music video project, without any money!

I got in talks with Helsinki Cable Television (HTV). I’ve always been able to get people excited about projects. HTV had two young guys; Jari Mynttinen (editor) and Harri Väätäinen (camera) who wanted to experiment with the limits of the (then) new video technology. Their boss was one of the very few people who could see the bigger picture and made this video possible.

Thank You to everyone who took part in this project!
I hope you enjoy watching this as much as we enjoyed making it in 1981!

SARCOFAGUS “LIVE IN STUDIO 1979” CD First Release!
20euro (incl. postage)
Wholesale prices available, let me know quantity of order first!!!

SARCOFAGUS “MOTORBIRDS” DVD First Release!
20 euro (incl. postage)
Wholesale prices available, let me know quantity of order first!!!

Cheers,

Henry Juvonen
Mustamaenkatu 108 as. 4
15700 Lahti
FINLAND

(+358456348260)

morbidsodomizer@yahoo.com , henry_juvonen@yahoo.com[/code]

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke,i recently scored the 7" and it is a killer single.This has got to be one of the best Finnish Heavy Metal singles ever.Killer singing and WICKED guitar tone.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVD is a killer !!!!!!
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad they want $25 bucks + postage for 1 CD. Rolling Eyes
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I love Sarcofagus and Kimmo Kuusniemi Band, but the exchange rate is a killer here. I was under the impression that the postage is included in the price. Even so, for the CD and DVD (on their website, they take $5 off the total if you get both), it's about 50 USD. If I weren't trying to limit my spending for a few months, I'd be all over these.
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about importing some to my store in PA, but they won't even offer any wholesale... Mad
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK!!!! Price is irrelevant. My bank account is currently 0.00, even if I have to sell a kidney I am getting both of these.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck how did you manage to find that 7"?

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NWN PROD"]Fuck how did you manage to find that 7"?[/quote]

I got it from Goldmine Magazine.I think the guys name was Jeff.He's the owner.He got it in the very early 80's directly from Sarcofagus.It has 2 inserts and the picture sleeve.
Bjorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
I was thinking about importing some to my store in PA, but they won't even offer any wholesale... Mad

It says down the bottom of the letter that they offer wholesale prices.. Just contact him.

"SARCOFAGUS “LIVE IN STUDIO 1979” CD First Release!
20euro (incl. postage)
---> Wholesale prices available, let me know quantity of order first!!! <---

SARCOFAGUS “MOTORBIRDS” DVD First Release!
20 euro (incl. postage)
---> Wholesale prices available, let me know quantity of order first!!! " <---
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Fuck how did you manage to find that 7"?

There was also one on ebay recently for a ridiculous price. I was still tempted though...
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have been thinking about buying this cd but for fucks sake the postage is brutal. still, if it ever hits these shores me want one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: