P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RECENT VINYL SCORES PART II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2208, 2209, 2210 ... 2242, 2243, 2244  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dronevil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
And yes , I paid Ä46. Because an original pressing is over Ä200 and the represses are between Ä50-Ä100 anyways. So, yeah, worth it. Supply & demand.

I remember buying that Samael 6LP box CM did for $50 new...
ANTI_HUMAN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Return of the Living Dead "Tarman" vinyl is pretty sweet, I have the Green/Red Blood variant from the Uk.
One of the greatest soundtracks ever too. Up there with Nuke em' high and Rocktober Blood!
GuilioCrippler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarman does sound like the best variation. That's a great soundtrack.
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultima Thule - Enthralling Lunar Majesty
Demonomantic - Grail Of Deformed Evilness
Demonomantic- Blessed in Eternal Cruelty
Tyranor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:

First I feel the need to say that this isn't about your choice of what to buy. It's your money, if the release is worth it to you, then it's all that matters. Being a huge Samael fan, this simply is a topic that bugs me. The Black Vomit fiasco was one thing, but seeing that not even the original label is able to present a proper reissue is something I'm having a hard time to understand.

Maybe it's just me, but I simply prefer it when reissues of classic albums are handled in a way that keeps original aesthetics and visual language intact rather than messing with such integral parts of a release by stupid Photoshop effects and carelessness. This isn't news to anyone here, but Ted / The Crypt is a prime example for the former while Osmose has proven again and again that any sense for aestehtics seems to be long lost there. Let's stay with "Worship Him, no matter if we look at this particular reissue or the one from 2016. Call me pedantic, but it all starts by not caring about seemingly small things like the original font or at least something that comes close. Using a sterile serif typeface rather than black letter doesn't make sense to me at all for example. The back cover of the 2016 reissue also gives the impression that they went right out of ideas for a functioning layout. It lacks anything to fill the space with a fitting visualisation. The used pictures look like lousy scans trying to be covered by an overuse of contrast. But hey, why not using a hotfoil print to imply some gimmicky feeling of value if all else fails instead? I simply think that the focus is completely wrong here, a nice silk-screened jacket or ever new colour schemes for the vinyl and hotfoil print don't redeem the lack of a proper layout AT ALL. And before some smartass comes around to say "That's so superficial. What about the music, the sound?" Sure, I'd wish that this would be a given not to mess up reissues of classics by stupid remasters, and that aside, it's the visuals that make a very first impression of a release. You could arguably argue that this has changed with Bandcamp and alike these days, but, being an ol' stager, this still sticks with me. Again, it's just my opinion, but everything about these "Worship Him" reissues screams "quick buck", just like what he pulled with those "Frost" and "Pure Holocaust" editions with miraculously found original vinyl housed in cheap new jackets that were sold for way too much just because of misleading tags like "hotfoil print", "handcrafted" or "special edition".

About the price range you mentioned, you can even find two copies of the 2010 Century Media reissue for 22 or 27 Euro respectively on Discogs, but that's not coloured vinyl you obviously prefer going by your posts. No judging.

I think your objection of supply and demand doesn't quite work here. All I see is a generation of artificial demand by releasing strictly limited colour variations rather than doing one proper reissue that remains in print. At least this is what I get when talking to fellow fans about this matter, the wish for a lasting adequate "Worship Him" reissue in the vein of what Century Media did.

Marduk and Immortal, you guys say? I don't know, a missing "A Perfect Vision of the Rising Northland" on "Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism" or the almost unrecognisable cover art of "Those of the Unlight" doesn't really qualify as "great" imho and are not only further proof for the lack of care and effort put into Osmose reissues but rookie mistakes that just shouldn't happen at a long-running label.

Totally agree with everything you said. 150%. Like, a acid colour splatter for "Fuck me Jesus", seriously? Same with Samael. 46 euros, what a crazy price.
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhinocervs RH-12

Just came in today and ready to spin it. Anybody else get theirs?
Funeral Thirst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mons Veneris - Deathbringer 7" as part of the new batch from Black Gangrene.
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havohej - Kembatinan Premaster
Selofan - Verboten
Into The Wire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloughfegkillers wrote:

Where did you get those Demonomantic records? I've been waiting for them to go on sale somewhere, but I haven't seen them around.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into The Wire wrote:
sloughfegkillers wrote:

Where did you get those Demonomantic records? I've been waiting for them to go on sale somewhere, but I haven't seen them around.

Final Agony had them along with Ultima Thule and Rhinocervs few weeks ago.
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into The Wire wrote:
sloughfegkillers wrote:

Got them all from Final Agony
Into The Wire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I seem to have missed them...Hope they show up somewhere in Europe.
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into The Wire wrote:

I see Final Agony is still showing them as available as preorders, whether thatís a mistake or not I donít know?
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloughfegkillers wrote:
Into The Wire wrote:

I see Final Agony is still showing them as available as preorders, whether thatís a mistake or not I donít know?

I assume that's a placeholder for a reprint batch or some unpaid copies.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOJD (previously Black Trip). Really been looking forward to having a few beers and listening to these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2208, 2209, 2210 ... 2242, 2243, 2244  Next
Page 2209 of 2244

Jump to: