P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RECENT VINYL SCORES PART II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1710, 1711, 1712 ... 1825, 1826, 1827  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!! I have a 70's US pressing with the less interesting cover art and some surface noise but this is a real deal UK pressing from the 70's!! Maybe my favourite prog record of all time? So stoked to find a NM copy, nice and shiny!!

captainretardo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that couch come with the LP? Very Happy

Nice find. Did you find it cheap or have to bite the bullet? It's been a long time since I saw a cheap copy of any of the first four VDGG albums in good shape.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
Did that couch come with the LP? Very Happy

Nice find. Did you find it cheap or have to bite the bullet? It's been a long time since I saw a cheap copy of any of the first four VDGG albums in good shape.

The couch belongs to my wife's mother... I think it's wonderful. I want it for my record room, I think it adds an amazing 70's vibe to things. It was purchased in Sweden in 1974!!

I paid $30 for it - I think that's infinitely reasonable for a record this well preserved. I have Pawn Hearts, H To He and Godbluff already plus another pressing of this one. All I need is Still Life and my essential VDGG are complete.....
captainretardo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that sounds like a good deal. I don't see their albums very often, but am used to the price being $30ish for borderline VG/VG+ copies.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
Yeah, that sounds like a good deal. I don't see their albums very often, but am used to the price being $30ish for borderline VG/VG+ copies.

I see originals pop up now and again, usually less than the price of those shitty 4 Men With Beards reissues which is fucking ridiculous.... who is paying $30+ for those....

I often think of just buying them for $15 and giving them to friends.....
Roc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up everyone. Just started posting here. I love collecting and LISTENING to vinyl so I thought I'd share some recent purchases in the last few weeks/months. I recently found some really rare records at a local record shop. Turns out the previous owner died and his brother sold his record collection Confused ... They are in good hands again though. Others I bought online or at other local shops.

Some of these are essentials that I just never found on vinyl but have owned in some format since I was a kid (I'm 31 years old), others are super rare and I got lucky to find them while others are newly released or reissued. The yellow goat is original and not a boot. I just had real good timing going to the record shop soon after the owner acquired it. I paid $250.00 USD for it. Not cheap obviously but I don't regret it. It plays great still after all these years! Sorry for the long rants, just wanted to give some back story.

harmless

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sororicide's singer is selling is collection so I went over to his house and bought a few vinyls. The Merciless album he got in a trade with Euronymous but there wasn't a cool story behind the Funeral Nation vinyl.

I also bought an original copy of the Fallen Angel of Doom vinyl which he got right from Caller of the Storms. Good story.

Last edited by harmless on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Humus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roc wrote:
The yellow goat is original and not a boot. I just had real good timing going to the record shop soon after the owner acquired it. I paid $250.00 USD for it. Not cheap obviously but I don't regret it. It plays great still after all these years!

That's a great deal. I'd pay that in a heartbeat (and even more).
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Roc wrote:
The yellow goat is original and not a boot. I just had real good timing going to the record shop soon after the owner acquired it. I paid $250.00 USD for it. Not cheap obviously but I don't regret it. It plays great still after all these years!

What you said.
Solarfall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought 2 records in my "must have" list that I was trying to find at decent price... Smile

Roc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
Humus wrote:
Roc wrote:

What you said.

Thanks guys. I was so surprised to find it. It even has the insert! It was folded at some point for one reason or another but it's ok.

Here is a better pic if you are interested. It shows it's age of course but the vinyl plays great and has no scratches or anything.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14133951/Bathory%20Yellow%20Goat.jpg

Solarfall (and to any collector) it feels great to find those "must haves" eventually right? One of the best feelings in the world to me.
Hrus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roc wrote:
Cursed Emperor wrote:
Humus wrote:
Roc wrote:

What you said.

Thanks guys. I was so surprised to find it. It even has the insert! It was folded at some point for one reason or another but it's ok.

Here is a better pic if you are interested. It shows it's age of course but the vinyl plays great and has no scratches or anything.

Solarfall (and to any collector) it feels great to find those "must haves" eventually right? One of the best feelings in the world to me.

The condition of your copy seems very good, indeed. Would kill to get it in that condition for only $250... You made a good deal.
Roc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
Roc wrote:
Cursed Emperor wrote:
Humus wrote:
Roc wrote:

What you said.

The condition of your copy seems very good, indeed. Would kill to get it in that condition for only $250... You made a good deal.

Thanks, I appreciate all the feedback here.
Petrificado

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
captainretardo wrote:

I see originals pop up now and again, usually less than the price of those shitty 4 Men With Beards reissues which is fucking ridiculous.... who is paying $30+ for those....

I often think of just buying them for $15 and giving them to friends.....

You see VDGG records fairly frequently in record shops here, I also picked up a 70s edition of that one not so long ago for 5 or so. Not in as good nick as your copy though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1710, 1711, 1712 ... 1825, 1826, 1827  Next
Page 1711 of 1827

Jump to: