P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Satyricon "The Shadowthrone" LP bootleg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chich666

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horror Records in my experience have been great. Fast and cheap postage. I have ordered the Shadowthone bootleg so will report on that when it arrives. Also I previously purchased a number of bootlegs from Horror Records including:

Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times
Ulver - Bergtatt
Dimmu Borgir - For All Tid
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi

The sound on all of them is good, so absolutely no complaints there. The quality of the card stock of the covers and the vinyl is decent too.

For All Tid is the best graphic quality, as it has obviously been reproduced from the original LP cover. However there is a ever so slight loss of graphic quality on the others due to being blown up from the CD covers - but that is to be expected I guess. I also like the alternate Dark Medieval Times 'Pesten 1349' cover as the original is a tad cheesy.

I paid between 16-18 euro for each of these, which is not the cheapest, but happy all the same. But I would not be paying the 22 euro and up some of these bootlegs are now fetching. That is getting too much.

Overall I am not disappointed with these bootlegs, and expect if/ when Ulver and Satyricon get official re-releases I will end up buying those also.

One last comment - the layouts and band photos of the original CD and LP versions of For All Tid had an amazing underground BM atmosphere which was totally destroyed by the cheesy coloured version and alternate band photos on the NMR and BoB versions. WHY do labels DO shit like that? In cases like that the official re-presses simply do not deserve anyones support. Also just so it is said, as far as i am concerned, Dimmu Borgir ceased to exist after Stormblast...
Excruciate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 euros for a boot vinyl with blown up covers? geez
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price at Horror Records is actually 14.40 Euro right now for the Satyricon bootlegs.

I've been sitting here contemplating an order for the first two Satyricon albums, then I keep remembering buying the Thorns album bootleg and what a pile of crap that was, and once I had it I only played it a couple times as a joke for people to hear how pathetic and horrible it sounded... then finally and eventually a proper version did come. I wonder if that will be and is going to be the case here with these?
chich666

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To state it more clearly: the sound on Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times is good, so absolutely no complaints.

As for price and whether 18 is too much - it is ultimately a buyers market. My only further comment is I am not disappointed by any of these bootlegs (but they are at the better end of some of the bootleg rubbish out there).
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree here, I have no idea what all the D.M.T. complaints are about, aside from the typical belly aching of those worried about it not being official enough.... I assume its sourced from some various CD master (what isn't these days?) but beyond that I found it perfectly acceptable. volume is fine, and there is not a bunch of dreaded snap crackle pop, etc cliches you often hear about old South American bootlegs, so on so forth... cover was nothing special, but gets the job done. That seems to be a lost concept in the era of die hard/box set/etc madness mentality

to those rolling eyes, etc. maybe we can try to look at this positively? at the point artists see others bootlegging their shit, it usually pushes them to get the reissues out THAT much faster. even the most KVLT of KVLT... (uhhh see moonblood or mutiilation for example Laughing)

anyhow, @ 18,40 euro shipped, I don't see this as a bad deal. now I can retire my "official" MC before it gets played to death already Twisted Evil
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chich666 wrote:

As for price and whether 18 is too much - it is ultimately a buyers market. My only further comment is I am not disappointed by any of these bootlegs (but they are at the better end of some of the bootleg rubbish out there).

I'm still hoping that these will be officially re-issued very soon. It's the only logic thing to do right now.
Fire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
The price at Horror Records is actually 14.40 Euro right now for the Satyricon bootlegs.

I only the bootleg selling at 18€..
TEKWRX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i just ordered the following LPs

Enslaved "Vikingligr Veldi" LP (green vinyl)
Kawir "To Kavirs" mini-LP (blue vinyl)
Satyricon "Dark Medieval Times" LP (grey vinyl)
Celtic Frost "Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return" LP (red vinyl)

So i guess I'll get to see first hand how they sound/look. Didn't need "The Shadowthrone" as I still have the Moonfog LP I bought in '95 Laughing

How long is the usual shipping time to USA? i don't order much vinyl from Europe, get most of my stuff from HHR
jerry666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks depending on which country its coming from..
chich666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I just got the LP from Horror Records. The vinyl, cover quality and LP sound are all decent. This is a straight forward bootleg which does the job in a no-frills fashion.

One minor point is that the Satyricon logo is taken from the 'Nemesis Divina' version and not the original version used on 'The Shadowthone'. Slightly differing font has also been used for 'The Shadowthrone' text. This is not an issue either way, but if you were releasing a bootleg I would have thought conforming will all original elements would have been preferable.

If/ when Satyr gets around to doing an official re-release I would hope they do a deluxe version with all elements or the original artwork - and maybe some unused bonus images.
jerry666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got them that quick? are u based in europe?
chich666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am based in Australia and placed the order on 14 April. I generally find that international orders take between 10-14 depending on the country I order from.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chich666 wrote:

For All Tid is the best graphic quality, as it has obviously been reproduced from the original LP cover.

Same with that "Facta Loquuntur" boot coming from the same source, so it's very likely the original files / films were recovered and used once again. As far as I remember, No Colours used Cyber Music in NL for production of their CD and LP back in the day. Go figure!
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard is that Laurent Painkiller is the guy behind those bootlegs..
Mysticus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldLadyDriver wrote:
From what I've heard is that Laurent Painkiller is the guy behind those bootlegs..

Painkiller + Hammerheart I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: