P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

new Metallica?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Towelripper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: new Metallica? Reply with quote

Anyone listened to it?

"the day that never comes" seems to be the best song off of the new album.... seems to be an album where they try to be Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden, and even Twisted Sister for a few seconds ...(at 4 minutes into the day that never comes blahblah) and Metallica of days of olde as well...

Decent album for a 2008 Metallica album.

YEAH.
deadskin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heard some songs and really like it. They were the first metal band I heard in 1989/1990 and still love them. Ordered 5lp box of Death magnetic Very Happy
MAYHEM „Life eternal” VINYL
THORNS "Societé Anonyme" & "Embrace / Fragment"
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked it out and didn't like it at all, but think it will be a huge success for them. It sounds like the album they would have done after the Black Aalbum if they had tried to revert back to a bit of thrash, but still were as retarded as when they wrote Load and Reload. Decent production, but it lacks power of early years, some good riffs and solos throughout but they rip off old ideas, and the songs don't flow. The only one truly horrible element are the lyrics, but James vocals are less annoying to me than they have been for years to my taste. I expect that people who liked anything from the black album through Reload are gonna claim they are back to the classic sound of MoP and AJFA, but I think it fails. Mediocre album, but the majority of their fans have mediocre taste, or refuse to admit their once heroes have repeatedly fallen over and over.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've heard is the very incarnation of uninspired crap! I really can't see why everyone is saying this is good! Has anyone seen the video? I think the video is the only thing more boring than the song, and James Hetfield looks a complete tool with his rockabilly hick get up!

I totally agree with what Ihslahm said about their majority of fans, most of them are trendy retards!

Can't entirely agree about the production though, that obviously triggered snare sounds awful!
dalecooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds OK. It's definitely their best thing since the black album but the songwriting (and really, most everything else about it) is clumsy and uninspired. The best part is Hammet's leads, which are 1. actually there and 2. not bad at all.

I've toyed with picking it up because I still really like Metallica the thrash band. Unfortunately that band is pretty much gone, and I know I'd be throwing down $15 for a half-assed nostalgia trip. I just can't decide if it's worth it.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammett's leads... out of key and sloppy - just what I want to hear from a guitarist Wink
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring, fuck this album, delete this thread. The less said about Metallica these days the better.
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:

I totally agree with what Ihslahm said about their majority of fans, most of them are trendy retards!

!

It is hard to be a trendy retard when yr 9 years old

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
What I've heard is the very incarnation of uninspired crap! I really can't see why everyone is saying this is good! Has anyone seen the video? I think the video is the only thing more boring than the song, and James Hetfield looks a complete tool with his rockabilly hick get up!

Can't entirely agree about the production though, that obviously triggered snare sounds awful!

I haven't heard this album yet, but I guessed it would be akin to this assessment. All the old big 4 bands recent music (judging by what I've heard) is complete shit and isn't even a shadow of their former selves. I doubt Metallica fare any better.

Also just think about the amount of slagging off the Load albums have received as well as St Anger. Are they REALLY doing this because they've suddenly discovered they like thrash and decent metal again, or are they doing this to maximise profit? I think the latter is probably the most likely.

EVERY Metallica fan I've met has always been a trendy retard! I remember admitting I hated all of the latter Metallica albums and got 'You're not a true Metallica fan then', which was laughable as I never claimed to be a 'fan' anyway! Rolling Eyes
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think I could pretend interest to even attempt a listen in the tiny hopes that perhaps a new Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets could once again be created.
A guy has a full enough plate just hoping bands like Immortal, Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Carpathian Forest don't start making radio rock albums... and jesus fucking christ if they havn't already started down that path themselves as well. Laughing
Kapalika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutterofgums wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

!

It is hard to be a trendy retard when yr 9 years old

Righto, clueless is the right word then! Very Happy
throneofmight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would not even waste time listening samples Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
i would not even waste time listening samples Rolling Eyes

Thats how I feel about it aswell.
headnhalf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone had it on at work the other day on the office stereo and to be honest it had finished before I even realized it had played and left no lasting impression whatsoever.

It was the musical equivalent of plain white sliced bread, perfectly fine and edible but nothing to get excited about.
Great trades with: Vorfeed, Kakarot SS5, GoldenBull, Rat eyes, Caina, Blekt, Uncoloured, Cursed Blood, Minge Eater, Portentum, Addison nektostiknekromessikk and Asphyxiation anyone i've forgotten give me a shout
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wish to pass judgement on this album based on hearing one song but this isn't very exciting at all, just boring! I HATE the vocals, fucking terrible, this sort of gay Southern esque drawl.

This is pure SHITE!!!

One song I tried to listen to sounds like a Dave Mustaine impersonation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: