P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Interview with Dayal Patterson, Black Metal: Into The Abyss
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OsirisEye



Joined: 14 Sep 2014
Posts: 163

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Interview with Dayal Patterson, Black Metal: Into The Abyss Reply with quote

http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/interview-with-dayal-patterson-author-of-black-metal-into-the-abyss/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 23462
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is he?
_________________
Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danofort



Joined: 08 May 2012
Posts: 947
Location: Detroit

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the guy who wrote that "Black Metal: Evolution of the Cult" book.

I couldn't stand that book. According to him, Abyssic Hate is from Germany.
_________________
"If Detroit is not the asshole of the world, it is within farting distance."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 4398
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black metal journalists interviewing black metal journalists. Insightful.
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
pirunpelto



Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Posts: 59
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I was waiting for someone to write a book about black metal so that I could get a better understanding of this phenomenon." Rolling Eyes
_________________
Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6231
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirunpelto wrote:
" I was waiting for someone to write a book about black metal so that I could get a better understanding of this phenomenon." Rolling Eyes


Laughing Considering his online store, I have no doubts he understands "this phenomenon" alright: http://www.cultneverdies.com/p/cult-never-dies-releases.html
_________________
Horde Absurd: www.hordeabsurd.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-records.com (We accept credit cards! EUR/USD)
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/mod_updates
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Steken



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 2186

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
pirunpelto wrote:
" I was waiting for someone to write a book about black metal so that I could get a better understanding of this phenomenon." Rolling Eyes


Laughing Considering his online store, I have no doubts he understands "this phenomenon" alright: http://www.cultneverdies.com/p/cult-never-dies-releases.html


Those band T-shirts this fella sells - are they bootlegs or official?

Never heard of him, BTW.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ritual-Sorcery



Joined: 13 Apr 2015
Posts: 176
Location: Cimmeria

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
pirunpelto wrote:
" I was waiting for someone to write a book about black metal so that I could get a better understanding of this phenomenon." Rolling Eyes


Laughing Considering his online store, I have no doubts he understands "this phenomenon" alright: http://www.cultneverdies.com/p/cult-never-dies-releases.html


Those band T-shirts this fella sells - are they bootlegs or official?

Never heard of him, BTW.


Official.

Good quality too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 23462
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a surface skimmer outsider journalism again.
_________________
Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diabhal



Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Posts: 58

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of this type of shite in the UK I think, personally. People trying to 'understand' things instead of just listening to quality bands, getting deeper into heavy tunes and forming excellent bands or whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindsOfApocalypse



Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Posts: 512

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wonder who buys this shit especially in the internet age. I mean, some shitty books like this were SLIGHTLY useful for reviews/discovery purpose maybe in the late 90s but now?

I remember the shitty German 'Black Metal Bible' which at least had the use of introducing to me some bands because they printed band photos and covers with most of them so you could decide based on if the band looked cool in the age of typed mailorder lists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6231
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindsOfApocalypse wrote:

I remember the shitty German 'Black Metal Bible'




Matthias Herr > Dayal Patterson Very Happy
_________________
Horde Absurd: www.hordeabsurd.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-records.com (We accept credit cards! EUR/USD)
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/mod_updates
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
blkdth



Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 86
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more and more books on black metal appearing on the market, some good, some not so good. What was it that gave you the confidence to write and publish your own book?

"It sounds arrogant (which is apt since we’re talking about black metal right?) but I had the confidence to start writing because I knew that I was dedicated enough to keep working until I had created what I considered the best book on the subject."


Yeah, nope.
_________________
-+-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zombie Dance



Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 1810

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Who is he?

Precisely : nobody.
_________________
Zombi Danz Zine 2 OUT NOW http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45930
zombidanzine@gmail.com
Void of Naxir 1993 demo-CD is out now :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwnrew5cQd0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danofort



Joined: 08 May 2012
Posts: 947
Location: Detroit

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkdth wrote:
There are more and more books on black metal appearing on the market, some good, some not so good. What was it that gave you the confidence to write and publish your own book?

"It sounds arrogant (which is apt since we’re talking about black metal right?) but I had the confidence to start writing because I knew that I was dedicated enough to keep working until I had created what I considered the best book on the subject."


Yeah, nope.


So I'm not alone in thinking this. I wish I had counted how many times this goof used the word "indeed" before I threw the book away. Now he's like the oracle of black metal, or something? Pound sand up your ass.
_________________
"If Detroit is not the asshole of the world, it is within farting distance."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group